Sponsored

Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ?

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Any updates on the write up?
Months ago I bought everything (I think) I needed. I have all my cameras installed and wired except the 3rd brake light. I can’t figure out where I’m going wrong on the wiring harness so any help would be awesome.
FYI.. you can activate all the others without the brake light camera. In my google sheet linked above I mention the settings that are specific to cargo camera.
Sponsored

Joe_Diesel

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat Tremor
FYI.. you can activate all the others without the brake light camera. In my google sheet linked above I mention the settings that are specific to cargo camera.
Even without the brake light camera will the 360 functions then work?

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Even without the brake light camera will the 360 functions then work?
Yes.. 360 doesnt use cargo camera just back camera. cargo camera is just a seperate virtual button to view the bed.

Khed

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Firefighter
Yes.. 360 doesnt use cargo camera just back camera. cargo camera is just a seperate virtual button to view the bed.
I had no idea. I always thought the cargo camera was needed for the 360.

Joe_Diesel

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat Tremor
I appreciate this response as im actually trying to do this on a 2022 F250…I took the bed light out and I do not see a wiring harness in there. Im assuming some snaking and removal of inside panels would be required. Having the 360 function at least would be super helpful with this big rig. My 2018 f-150 I know that truck and every angle so well I can park anywhere without cameras.

Sponsored

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I had no idea. I always thought the cargo camera was needed for the 360.
I orginally thought so too.. but ford is on a parts shortage now and you dont even get the cargo camera as part of pacakge. Look at the google sheet I referenced above I mentioned the settings I made that relate to not having cargo camera

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
Any updates on the write up?
Months ago I bought everything (I think) I needed. I have all my cameras installed and wired except the 3rd brake light. I can’t figure out where I’m going wrong on the wiring harness so any help would be awesome.
Write up is done. Video is put together with some slight editing needed. Video is nothing special, but will help a lot I think. I was wanting Jessee to look over the write up I did before I released it. I may go ahead and just put it out there. I have all of the apim and IPMA changes needed as well.

@personalt do you know which of those as-built changes enables / disables the physical button on the dash?

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Write up is done. Video is put together with some slight editing needed. Video is nothing special, but will help a lot I think. I was wanting Jessee to look over the write up I did before I released it. I may go ahead and just put it out there. I have all of the apim and IPMA changes needed as well.

@personalt do you know which of those as-built changes enables / disables the physical button on the dash?
@Tlusk7

I didnt have to change anything to do with the the camera button. It turned on the rear view to start and when I made the 3 changes in green in my sheet it moved to the button displaying front camera and 360 view and rear camera and 360 when in reverse.

For me, once I told it I had the front/side cameras in FF here the cameras were live when I hit camera button
706-02-01736BFFCC41FA

There seems to be two bits that deal with the button one in APIM and one in IPMA

In APIM
7D0-01-01xxxxxxxxx*--
This bit includes 'MCS hard button toggle vs soft button toggle'. There is also a bit that enables cargo camera in here. I was C which was soft button toggle and no carge camera. D is soft button toggle with cargo camera. If you check Livnitups sheet you can get all the combintations. MCS is multi camera strategy so I assume it makes the hard button change camera views..

IPMA has a bit for Front Camera Switch. I think this is the bit that tells IPMA that you have the hard switch as there is a matching bit to indicate if you have a parking switch. But this should already be true.
706-15-01xx*xxxxxxx--
VehicleCfg_APASwitchSrcModule (VCAPASSM) • VehicleCfg_DPAC_FrontCameraSw (VCDPACFCS)

Abel408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro

I'll be patiently waiting for that video. Looking to adapt this for my F-150 lightning.

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
I'll be patiently waiting for that video. Looking to adapt this for my F-150 lightning.
I’ve been super lazy as I hate editing, I have it all together just need to finish it up. May force myself on it tonight.

Sponsored

Tenchi

First Name
Tenchi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Sport/FX4 PB F150
Amazing thread. Thank you to all the contributors! I am starting the plan of all the parts I would need to retrofit the 360 camera.

I need help figuring out which IPMA I need to not lose any of the features I have on my truck.
Here is my VIN: 1FTFW1EDXPFA35209
Window sticker
Ford F-150 Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ? 1684949387467

Tenchi

First Name
Tenchi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Sport/FX4 PB F150
NL3Z-14G647-A. You are looking for an ipma with a green connector
Thanks. I took an upside down peek at the current one in my truck and it has a green connector. I'll have to take it out and check the part number.