Sponsored

Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ?

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Anyone have a cheat sheat as starting point for forscan settings? I did a as buit compare between my truck and a 302A that seemed similarly equiped but there 'lots' of IPMA differences. I did add front parting sensors and radar cruise sensor so many of the diffs might be ones I might otherwise need but figured i would start by getting cameras going
Sponsored

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
my 2023 Lariat with 501A package does not come with the 360 deg camera package. is there a way just to add the front camera or front parking sensor?

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
You can add front parking sensors. You need to add mirror cameras too to add front

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
Anyone have any advice on how to open the connector for the front camera and get it to release the pins. I have a video of me screwing around with it here

Did you ever figure this out? You should have tagged me. I had tons of trouble with it as well I’m glad I’m not the only one. My 360 camera system is finally done and I’m in the process of doing a write up. I have some video clips from the install as well that I will put together.

For this connector, the blue part shouldn’t come all the way out. Just pull the blue to release it, then you need to release the black cover on the back. Straighten the wires as much as you can behind the black cover, and once both clips are free, take a pair of needle nose and stick in one of the empty holes and kind of “teeter” it back and forth length wise if that makes sense. Basically while holding that black piece with needle nose, you will just rock your wrist back and forth toward the clips. It will slowly edge the black cover off. Once the cover is back a bit you can see the white plug, grab the plug with the needle nose and pry it out using the connector as leverage. I have a short clip of this if anyone wants it.

I know it’s been awhile, but I had some issues. Me and Jesse spent forever trying to figure it out and it turns out I got shipped a bad camera from the factory. Working on sorting that now but I should be releasing the write up soon. Video will come soon after. I already have a google drive put together with all of the parts info and pics.

Sponsored

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Did you ever figure this out? You should have tagged me. I had tons of trouble with it as well I’m glad I’m not the only one. My 360 camera system is finally done and I’m in the process of doing a write up. I have some video clips from the install as well that I will put together.

For this connector, the blue part shouldn’t come all the way out. Just pull the blue to release it, then you need to release the black cover on the back. Straighten the wires as much as you can behind the black cover, and once both clips are free, take a pair of needle nose and stick in one of the empty holes and kind of “teeter” it back and forth length wise if that makes sense. Basically while holding that black piece with needle nose, you will just rock your wrist back and forth toward the clips. It will slowly edge the black cover off. Once the cover is back a bit you can see the white plug, grab the plug with the needle nose and pry it out using the connector as leverage. I have a short clip of this if anyone wants it.

I know it’s been awhile, but I had some issues. Me and Jesse spent forever trying to figure it out and it turns out I got shipped a bad camera from the factory. Working on sorting that now but I should be releasing the write up soon. Video will come soon after. I already have a google drive put together with all of the parts info and pics.
@Tlusk7 - thanks for following up. Yeah I think I made things more difficult by removing the blue peice. I think doing that broke or at least disabled the way to unlock the pins. I then searched and searched and found the instruction manual (for that connector type) which when I tried to follow it I still couldnt get the pins to release - posted pdf on page 6 of thread. I stopped when while fooling around tryng to raise the red part of connector I noticed I started to bing pin for the rear camera coax. I must have hit it with my pic - at that point I stopped and decided to bypass it. The bypass was super easy and clean since I had the long coax that Jessie used for his non-prewired XL. I just then repinned it at the green connector for IPMA. Super easy and other then a really small area behind the grill I am following factory wiring.

Have you got to programming? My as-built is so differnt from the other 305A that I used as a guide. The physical diffs are cameras, front parking sensors and radar cruise - but I added all three. (actually added 6 parking sensors). I must have 30 as-built diffs with names that make no sense :). My programming plan was to start with radar sensors since there i google sheet for that. And then see how much closer that makes the as-built and see if I can figure out which ones were needed for camera and sensors.

Last edited:

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
@Tlusk7 - thanks for following up. Yeah I think I made things more difficult by removing the blue peice. I think doing that broke or at least disabled the way to unlock the pins. I then searched and searched and found the instruction manual which when I tried to follow it I still couldnt get the pins to release. I posted the manual for thatr clamp page 6. While fooling around tryng to raise the red part of connector I noticed I started to ding up the pin for the rear camera coax and at that point I stopped and decided to bypass it. The bypass was super easy and clean since I had the long coax that Jessie used for his non-prewired XL. I just then repinned it at the green connector for IPMA. Super easy and other then a really small area behind the grill I am following factory wiring.

Have you got to programming? My as-built is so differnt from the other 305A that I used as a guide. The physical diffs are cameras, front parking sensors and radar cruise - but I added all three. (actually added 6 parking sensors). I must have 30 as-built diffs with names that make no sense :). My programming plan was to start with radar sensors since there i google sheet for that. And then see how much closer that makes the as-built and see if I can figure out which ones were needed for camera and sensors.
I’m not sure how you did that. Here’s why:

All trucks come pre wired with that jumper from the under hood connector to the grille. Jessee didn’t mean to include that on the parts. That is jumper ML3Z-10E929-CCA

The end of that is not the same as the end that goes in the IPMA. I’m not sure how you got it in there, but I hope you didn’t mess up one of the IPMA barrel connections. In order to connect CCA, you need another jumper. This would be the jumper that goes between the two under hood connectors close to the firewall. Part number #ML3Z-10E929-CBA. This goes between connectors C316 and C1591, it connects part CCA to the IPMA green connector pin #1 / part #ML3Z-10E929-CAA.

Those three pieces of coax go together and connect to the short jumper going to the camera. The short jumper is part number #ML3Z-10E929-CDB. I had to ask jessee for that because he missed it on that list. How did you find that part number? I am not sure how to find part numbers.

As far as as-builts did you get a new IPMA?

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I’m not sure how you did that. Here’s why:

All trucks come pre wired with that jumper from the under hood connector to the grille. Jessee didn’t mean to include that on the parts. That is jumper ML3Z-10E929-CCA

The end of that is not the same as the end that goes in the IPMA. I’m not sure how you got it in there, but I hope you didn’t mess up one of the IPMA barrel connections. In order to connect CCA, you need another jumper. This would be the jumper that goes between the two under hood connectors close to the firewall. Part number #ML3Z-10E929-CBA. This goes between connectors C316 and C1591, it connects part CCA to the IPMA green connector pin #1 / part #ML3Z-10E929-CAA.

Those three pieces of coax go together and connect to the short jumper going to the camera. The short jumper is part number #ML3Z-10E929-CDB. I had to ask jessee for that because he missed it on that list. How did you find that part number? I am not sure how to find part numbers.

As far as as-builts did you get a new IPMA?
Yes I bought - ML3Z-10E929-CDB to make up the short jumper to go to camera. But I ran from there right to IPMA. I will shoot you a message about how to find full part numbers.

I will have to check those connectors but the connector at the end of CAA looked the same as the other ones that were inside the green IPMA connector. Maybe I screwed up if they arent.. Basically I went with two wire sections insted of three to go from front camera to IPMA. I added the short jumper from camera to grill but instead of hooking it in to prewire I hooked it up to larger connector on the end of CAA and then ran that wire along fendor and throgh the firewall. It was long enough to go right past the 316/1591 connectors. I already had to disassemble the brown and green IPMA connector to move the rear camera over to green connector. At same time I brought the end of the CAA into the proper pin on the green connector. Now if it is not the right fitting that is bad... But it looked the same and locked right in..

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
Yes I bought - ML3Z-10E929-CDB to make up the short jumper to go to camera. But I ran from there right to IPMA. I will shoot you a message about how to find full part numbers.

I will have to check those connectors but the connector at the end of CAA looked the same as the other ones that were inside the green IPMA connector. Maybe I screwed up if they arent.. Basically I went with two wire sections insted of three to go from front camera to IPMA. I added the short jumper from camera to grill but instead of hooking it in to prewire I hooked it up to larger connector on the end of CAA and then ran that wire along fendor and throgh the firewall. It was long enough to go right past the 316/1591 connectors. I already had to disassemble the brown and green IPMA connector to move the rear camera over to green connector. At same time I brought the end of the CAA into the proper pin on the green connector. Now if it is not the right fitting that is bad... But it looked the same and locked right in..

Def not the same lol. I’m not sure how it went in. I’ll take pics in a bit.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
@Tlusk7 is correct.. you cant bypass that 1591/316 connector with that long CCA cable. The CCA cable has a male end and so does IPMA.

It leaves you at the wrong gender at IMPA. You can tell with the zoomed in camera shot but not easy to tell with naked eye(at least for my naked eye). Good chatch on @Tlusk7 as I wouln't have caught that until I fired up the cameras and they didnt work.

The 'issue' seems to be that there is a gender change between C136 and C1591. I am guessing that the CCA cable is designed to replace the prewire to C1591 and then you let the gender change between 316 and 1591 to happen allowing you to hook up with the regular IPMA harness that also terminates as male. Looks like I need to either dig back in to what I think it really the 316 connector or find some double-female-gender changer if I really want to do a bypass.

Ford F-150 Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ? 316_1591

Ford F-150 Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ? 20230420_071622

Sponsored

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
@Tlusk7 is correct.. you cant bypass that 1591/316 connector with that long CCA cable. The CCA cable has a male end and so does IPMA.

It leaves you at the wrong gender at IMPA. You can tell with the zoomed in camera shot but not easy to tell with naked eye(at least for my naked eye). Good chatch on @Tlusk7 as I wouln't have caught that until I fired up the cameras and they didnt work.

The 'issue' seems to be that there is a gender change between C136 and C1591. I am guessing that the CCA cable is designed to replace the prewire to C1591 and then you let the gender change between 316 and 1591 to happen allowing you to hook up with the regular IPMA harness that also terminates as male. Looks like I need to either dig back in to what I think it really the 316 connector or find some double-female-gender changer if I really want to do a bypass.

316_1591.png

20230420_071622.jpg

Correct. Here is the jumper needed for the gender change:

- [ ] C1591 TO C316 JUMPER - ML3Z-10E929-CBA (THIS IS THE JUMPER BETWEEN THE TWO LARGE CONNECTORS UNDER THE HOOD - YOU ONLY NEED THIS IF YOURS IS DAMAGED OR FOR SOME REASON IT ISN’T THERE)

Creds to Jesse for that part number.

I will be releasing a write up hopefully soon. I have a lot of it done. I also have a google drive setup with all of the schematics and pics on it so far.

@personalt - if you have the IPMA installed, and you have the IPMA as-builts changed, then you should get camera output when pressing the button on the dash. If any cameras are blue you have an issue.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I am fully running today. Thanks to @Tlusk7 on that small jumper C316/C1591 jumper for front camera) part number. That was a life saver for me.

For others who may attempt. Front camera is pre wired to the fender connector pair C316/C1591. I had trouble opening it and almost damaged my rear camera connector. We I couldnt get that going I had decided to bypass the bumper to fender (C316/C1591) pre wire by using the long cable - ML3Z10E929CCA. That all worked out good, super easy to run it along the other fender wires and make it look factory. I figured I could pop open the green connector and hook this wire right up there. But Tlusk pointed out soemthing my eyes missed. Wire is wrong gender.

Instead of digging back in and taking a second pass as the the 316/1591 connector I used the mini (2 foot wire) that connects the 316/1591 connectors and made the connection under the dash outside the connector. I used heat shrink tubing to hold it together and wrapped up the extra wires.
Though I kind off fell in to this backards way of doing it after struggling with the connectors at C316/C1591 I would recommend it as a way to simplfy the job for an extra $20.

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
I am fully running today. Thanks to @Tlusk7 on that small jumper C316/C1591 jumper for front camera) part number. That was a life saver for me.

For others who may attempt. Front camera is pre wired to the fender connector pair C316/C1591. I had trouble opening it and almost damaged my rear camera connector. We I couldnt get that going I had decided to bypass the bumper to fender (C316/C1591) pre wire by using the long cable - ML3Z10E929CCA. That all worked out good, super easy to run it along the other fender wires and make it look factory. I figured I could pop open the green connector and hook this wire right up there. But Tlusk pointed out soemthing my eyes missed. Wire is wrong gender.

Instead of digging back in and taking a second pass as the the 316/1591 connector I used the mini (2 foot wire) that connects the 316/1591 connectors and made the connection under the dash outside the connector. I used heat shrink tubing to hold it together and wrapped up the extra wires.
Though I kind off fell in to this backards way of doing it after struggling with the connectors at C316/C1591 I would recommend it as a way to simplfy the job for an extra $20.

Glad you got it figured out. Write up is complete I sent it over to Jesse for review, may work on video this weekend. I’ll release it all soon.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
For anyone looking for some forscan guidance. See attached. I diffed out my 302A vs another 302A with cameras. Figuring out what diffs are needed is a bit tricky as most 302As with cameras require trailer assist and you get front parking sensors thown in. There really isn ta 302A with just cameras so the diffs arent super clean. Would love for anyone that knows what some of the random diffs are to provide comments.

Google Sheet

Khed

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Firefighter
Glad you got it figured out. Write up is complete I sent it over to Jesse for review, may work on video this weekend. I’ll release it all soon.
Any updates on the write up?
Months ago I bought everything (I think) I needed. I have all my cameras installed and wired except the 3rd brake light. I can’t figure out where I’m going wrong on the wiring harness so any help would be awesome.
Sponsored