Sponsored

Possible for truck to arrive with never updating further than In Production?

quartzlariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat 500a, 2021 F150 Lariat 502a
Just wondering if anyone has ever received their truck with the trackers never updating pass the in production status? Starting to see a lot of trucks with very close and same blend dates as mine arrive at local dealers yet mine has not updated in over 2 weeks...
Sponsored

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I would say it certainly is a possibility. The Ford tracker is pretty much crap, as far as providing up to date information. Going from in Production to delivered may be a long shot, but I wouldn't say its impossible.

My truck went from In Production to Build to Awaiting shipment in the space of 2 days, and it arrived at the dealer before the tracker ever even showed it as shipped.

So I wouldn't lose all hope based on the information you have. Your dealer should be able to get you a more accurate status on the truck...if they are willing anyway.

Diceman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, Rapid Red, 6.5 bed
Occupation
Retired US Navy, retired manufacturing
Just wondering if anyone has ever received their truck with the trackers never updating pass the in production status? Starting to see a lot of trucks with very close and same blend dates as mine arrive at local dealers yet mine has not updated in over 2 weeks...
Yes, mine was done on 7 May and then nothing, I thought I was in lot 59 purgatory. Every Thursday I would email my salesman for any updates and he would tell me no it's still scheduled for the 24th but none of the trackers showed anything. Around the 20th I was looking on the trucking app (palsapp) and it showed it was delivered that day.

OP
OP

quartzlariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, mine was done on 7 May and then nothing, I thought I was in lot 59 purgatory. Every Thursday I would email my salesman for any updates and he would tell me no it's still scheduled for the 24th but none of the trackers showed anything. Around the 20th I was looking on the trucking app (palsapp) and it showed it was delivered that day.
Hopefully the trackers are just not updated on mine as well! Just to clarify the last update you had before delivered was "in production" or "built"?

Sponsored

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
Mine showed up with no warning at all. The dealership was surprised when it arrived. Never saw any tracking info on it - even AFTER I had it in my driveway.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
Yes, it happened to me.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
Do you remember how many days yours showed up after 'in production' date?
It took about a week. But I was able to track it once it was unloaded off the train all the way to the dealer. I activated the truck on Ford Pass and then someone acknowledged on the other end which enabled me to see the location on a daily basis.

OP
OP

quartzlariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It took about a week. But I was able to track it once it was unloaded off the train all the way to the dealer. I activated the truck on Ford Pass and then someone acknowledged on the other end which enabled me to see the location on a daily basis.
Haha lucky you. I activated mine in hope that would happen but its been pending for about a week

Sponsored

ChiefD

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Thats how mine was. It was still in production when it showed up at the dealer. I had the dealer check on status and they couldn't tell me anything and the next day it was on their lot.