Poss Limp Mode. And 0 Turbo boost no lights or warnings

Westwood503

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Was driving home from detroit lake after camping with family yesterday pull out of camp ground and was like what the hell, Realized had gas all the way to ground and was hardly gaining speed or RPMS. Could hardly get up to speed and realized i didn't have any turbos. i pulled over and called ford asked to speak with serv adv to see if i should drive or have it towed and kept getting a vm called again and was told to leave a message. so left a vm an pulled over and disconnected the battery for 15 to try reset comp an that did nothing called another Ford and got no one on phone. So called to make a apt for a week out! Have to say pretty disappointed. Means no boating this week and pos this weekend. Thank god i didn't tow boat to lake like i wanted. I could barely get my kids home.

Any one loose All turbo power? and have very little power with no lights?
Sponsored

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
Did you pull the codes? I assume you got a CEL.

OP
OP

Westwood503

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Did you pull the codes? I assume you got a CEL.

Hello no sorry is my first Ford truck and have not bought any scanners for the truck. I would love one. Just honestly thought after paying 75K for a truck wouldn't need to try diag my own truck Esp with all the lil fancy features they come with let alone have any issues last 15 years any new vehicle i have owned have not had any issues . what is a cheap or decent scan tool?

OP
OP

Westwood503

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Just went to check all turbos hoses to ensure all were tight all is good but did get a check engine light so Also takes has very hard start cranks for like 10 sec before firing and no turbos still

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
Hello no sorry is my first Ford truck and have not bought any scanners for the truck. I would love one. Just honestly thought after paying 75K for a truck wouldn't need to try diag my own truck Esp with all the lil fancy features they come with let alone have any issues last 15 years any new vehicle i have owned have not had any issues . what is a cheap or decent scan tool?
OBDII scanners are so cheap now ($20, sometimes less, on any major online retailer) that I highly recommend everybody carry one in their vehicle (and every vehicle they own), no matter how new it is. You never know when you‘ll need it. I’ve pulled my scanner out to check if emissions related warnings needed immediate or eventual attention, to help stranded folks diagnose a vehicle issue, heck just to quickly check system voltage on a vehicle without a voltmeter. Amazingly useful tool and carrying one shouldn’t be in the repertoire only of those with older, less reliable vehicles. At this point, I view carrying one as necessary as carrying a tire pressure gauge and fire extinguisher, considering their ridiculously cheap cost and enormous use potential.

Having the codes behind that check engine light would make diagnosing this ENORMOUSLY easier. Any basic OBDII scanner will work with your Ford for basic diagnosis needs.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mjmccue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Autozone will read the codes and give you a hard copy of the results. Its a free service. Just need to limp down to the nearest one. I believe all the major car parts stores have that service as well.

OP
OP

Westwood503

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Got an alert on the ford app stating "the engine control system has detected that the fuel pressure is operating outside of its expected range when the engine was started up cold" and
The engine control system is unable to to control the fuel system pressure as expected.

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Autozone will read the codes and give you a hard copy of the results. Its a free service. Just need to limp down to the nearest one. I believe all the major car parts stores have that service as well.
Good call, I was going to recommend this very thing.

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got an alert on the ford app stating "the engine control system has detected that the fuel pressure is operating outside of its expected range when the engine was started up cold" and
The engine control system is unable to to control the fuel system pressure as expected.
I would still get the codes pulled from Auto Zone/O'Reilly's, etc. That will allow you to do some research before/while it's in the shop.

Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I would guess the fuel pump “ain’t getting it done” or perhaps the regulator quit.

OP
OP

Westwood503

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Was p0087 and P053F were the 2 codes Been at dealer ow for 5 days waiting for tech to look at it

64Wing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion Titanium, 2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 502a
Occupation
Aviation
Yeah, fuel pump must've taken a dive. Make them warranty that sucker
Sponsored