Sponsored

Poor Homelink Range

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Anyone have awful range when using the Homelink that's in the visor to open their garage door?
Mine seems to only work when I'm around 10ft from the door. I've tried a bunch of positions for the visor and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
Pretty sure it's a truck issue and not an opener issue, I can open it from 150ft away with the Homelink in my WRX and the remote that came with the opener works from around the same distance too.
Sponsored

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone have awful range when using the Homelink that's in the visor to open their garage door?
Mine seems to only work when I'm around 10ft from the door. I've tried a bunch of positions for the visor and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
Pretty sure it's a truck issue and not an opener issue, I can open it from 150ft away with the Homelink in my WRX and the remote that came with the opener works from around the same distance too.
For me it works from far. What I did notice is that I have to hold the Button for a longer amount of time before the garage door opens. I have a liftmaster garage motor.

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
I use it to open my door from the end of the driveway (approx. 300 ft) without a single issue.

Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Mine has great range. My former car (Porsche Macan) needed to be extremely close to the receiver, which was a pain, but this one is good.

OP
OP

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Darn, sounds like I might need to pay a visit to the dealer....

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I have the interesting one. Sometimes in front of the garage door it will not work. Back up three feet and it works. Coming home and press at road it will work if it "feels" like working or work after in driveway. Openers are 110 feet from the road. The remote that came with opener always work from the road just before pulling in drive. Openers are Sears and at least 30 years old.
....Or, press one button on my phone and tell ALEXA to open the East door. Can do that from anywhere.

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
My 2019 had horrible range but my 2021 will open our gate from a long way away

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I did notice in the directions it says to have the opener learn the home link signal from outside the garage… I did it from inside and I’m wondering if that makes a difference.

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Instructional Designer
I had this issue with my 2018 for a few weeks until the garage door retailer asked if I had LED bulbs in the garage. Some interfere with the frequency. I changed back to incandescent bulbs and haven't had the issue with any vehicle since.

I have always programmed my vehicles in the garage. I can currently open the door in front of the neighbors hourse.
Sponsored