• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Poll: Lightning Pro is sold out. Does it change your order plans?

The Lightning Pro is sold out and you received your order invite. What will you do?

• I wanted a Pro but I will order a higher trim.

• I wanted a Pro and I will NOT order any other trim.

• I wanted a Pro and I will defer my order to MY2023.

• I never wanted a Pro and I plan to order a higher trim.

• I'm not sure.

• I don't know what the Lightning is. How did I get here?

Results are only viewable after voting.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
What happens when the 2023 Pro is sold out wave 1 with only 500 made and or they increase the base price next year? Would you consider going to the XLT+ if your were able to order a 2022?
@Bippers
XLT ER would be a price killer for me and unneeded.

I'd be fine with an XLT SR as I don't need the extended range.
200 miles is more than enough - every 5-6 days will have to recharge.

If the 2023 Pros are sold out, I'd wait for it - only need it for myself (no other drivers) and it's for the HOV carpool exemption sticker as a daily driver.

My wife OTOH wants the X5 45e PHEV and that sucker costs over $70,000 just for a HOV carpool exemption sticker!
Sponsored

Horse-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD
Honestly I’m very soured by this experience at this point. I had to change dealers since I am moving out of state, and whether or not it mattered my original dealer (ZEV state) thought it pretty likely I’d be in wave 1, at worst 2 at the dealership. Who knows but with Ford’s allocation system I’m guessing that the switch to the new dealer that might have been allocated very little messed things up. At the end of the day the 40K bait and switch nonsense they’re pulling here is classic… like the face saving Mach E deliveries they made at the end of 2020. The proper way to do it would have been to go by time stamp and build whatever each customer orders. That seems fair to me, maybe it’s not going to squeeze every single dime out of everyone but right now at this rate you have a ton of folks PO’d that lent Ford $100 thinking they could get a Pro. If the truck really starts at XLT, so be it. And even that price is much lower than I expected before the launch. But they had to dangle the carrot and that is what you have here. Manage expectations properly, transparency is a good thing. You’ll arrive at the same sales number at the end of the day but have a heck of a lot better brand image still. As an investor and a Mach E owner this has me looking at the competition.

bparlette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
lightning
Tweet at ford and jim farley. They seem to be responding to people that post their lightning orders. Ask him to make it right and bring back the Pro. Link to this forum.
Sponsored