• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

POLL: F-150 Lightning Subforum or New Standalone Site

Do you prefer to keep the Lightning subforums on F150Gen14 or have a new standalone site?

• Total voters

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I can keep adding:

Weight Scale on the Bed will be the same
Driving Modes will be the same
Towing Questions will be the same
360 Degree Camera is the Same
BlueCruise will be the same
Co-Pilot 2.0 will be the same
Leveling questions will be the same
Wheel/tire choices will be the same
Twin Panel Moonroof will be the same
B&O Sound system will be the same

What else?
I disagree with wheel and tire choices being the same. I understand bolt pattern is same ,but I for one, have zero interest in heavier wheels and tires for the lightning. Unsprung weight reduction would be high on my list.
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Keep it a subforum, at least as long as it is based on the ICE f150 since there will be significant crossover. Also, people can easily cross-shop a Lightning vs. ICE vs Powerboost.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Please keep it as is--I enjoy the random coal rolls that the subforum gets from F150 ICErs.

There's a ton of similarities between the F150L and the ICE F150s outside of drive train, so it makes sense to keep it as a subforum. Plus, it gives us an opportunity to convert more of the ICErs to electric.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Keep as is

I still have much to learn about my Power Boost.

Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Lightning is still an F-150... And we're going to be seeing more and more electric drivetrain options amongst the F-150 configurations. Don't see a reason to separate to another forum. Aside from the electric drivetrain and a few things that come along with it, everything else on these forums is still relevant from trim options to accessories.

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
As long as they share the same architecture, interior, and accessory options I think they should stay combined.

My opinion might change if Ford decides to market the ”classic” version of the F150 for years after an electric only architecture is released.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
As long as they share the same architecture, interior, and accessory options I think they should stay combined.

My opinion might change if Ford decides to market the ”classic” version of the F150 for years after an electric only architecture is released.
I would suggest one minor change to your position. For Gen 14, we keep the status quo. If the fiture generation Lightning is different from the ICE version, then that version gets its own forum.

I hope Ford keeps its EVs looking like normal vehicles. That is what attracted me to the Lightning. I want to blend in with the other trucks, not stand out like a sore thumb.
Sponsored