• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

POLL: F-150 Lightning Subforum or New Standalone Site

Do you prefer to keep the Lightning subforums on F150Gen14 or have a new standalone site?

• Total voters

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Hi all,

We’d like your valued opinion — do you prefer that our F-150 Lightning discussions be a part of the larger F150gen14.com site or would you prefer a separate standalone website just for the F-150 Lightning model?

The advantages of maintaining the current setup is of course the overlapping topics that exists between the Lightning and other F-150 models. If we keep it as-is, we will maintain the current sub-sections for specific Lightning focused topics (and break out further sections as needed).

The advantages of creating a separate website is that the entire site would be focused on that model, allowing for greater visibility of subforums, topics, etc. It would be a smaller group with less overlap with the larger 11th generation F-150 crowd. But, we would lose advantages of having overlapping topics/info/discussions with the standard F-150.

If we do create a separate standalone website, this Lightning section on F150Gen14 would cease to exist, replaced by a link redirecting users to the new separate F-150 Lightning site.

Please vote in the poll above. In addition, also feel free to reply below with your thoughts. ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I’d rather keep it here. At its very core, the F-150 Lightning ⚡ is still a generation 14 F-150. As such, I think it should stay in this forum. I understand the Lightning⚡ will be a rather large sect of F-150 topics, but our sister forums don’t have additional websites. For instance Mustang6G having a separate site for GT500s, or Bronco6G being split between Bronco and Bronco Sport.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If it stays a subforum, is there a way to only watch the Lightning subforum?

Yes

If you go to the top of any thread you’re interested in, you can click “Watch”, and it will let you receive alerts only from that topic.

Ford F-150 Lightning POLL: F-150 Lightning Subforum or New Standalone Site E85908DD-F3AF-45D4-B573-30DB2785577C

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Keep it as a subforum. My understanding is most accessories will fit from the ICE F-150 and the interiors are pretty much the same. Besides I think the amount of actual lightning owners will be minimal.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
Yes

If you go to the top of any thread you’re interested in, you can click “Watch”, and it will let you receive alerts only from that topic.

E85908DD-F3AF-45D4-B573-30DB2785577C.jpeg
That works thread by thread but it would be great to be able to watch the whole Lightning subforum and ignore the rest unless I want to see other F-150 topics.

Squatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reef flip flops
I’d rather keep it here. At its very core, the F-150 Lightning ⚡ is still a generation 14 F-150. As such, I think it should stay in this forum. I understand the Lightning⚡ will be a rather large sect of F-150 topics, but our sister forums don’t have additional websites. For instance Mustang6G having a separate site for GT500s, or Bronco6G being split between Bronco and Bronco Sport.
There is a separate forum for Bronco6G and the Sport, FYI

I fully agree that since Ford kept the "fuselage," as Farley put it to The Verge, that it should be a subforum. The Bronco Sport share nothing but a branding.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There is a separate forum for Bronco6G and the Sport, FYI

I fully agree that since Ford kept the "fuselage," as Farley put it to The Verge, that it should be a subforum. The Bronco Sport share nothing but a branding.

My error on that. Good to know.

Deleted member 2919

The site has been taken over by electric truck discussion. The recent threads section at the top is nothing but lighting... Lighting... Ev lighting...

Maybe I am the one who should leave this forum, so the battery powered folks can have their fun?

Does the mustang and mustang Mach-e share a forum?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
That works thread by thread but it would be great to be able to watch the whole Lightning subforum and ignore the rest unless I want to see other F-150 topics.
That is also possible. Click on the Lightning subforum and you will see the Watch button.

Ford F-150 Lightning POLL: F-150 Lightning Subforum or New Standalone Site Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 11.40.06 PM

Deleted member 2919

That is also possible. Click on the Lightning subforum and you will see the Watch button.

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 11.40.06 PM.png
Mr. Administrator,

If not, then why would the f150 and f150 Mach-e-lighting share a forum?

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
The site has been taken over by electric truck discussion. The recent threads section at the top is nothing but lighting... Lighting... Ev lighting...

Maybe I am the one who should leave this forum, so the battery powered folks can have their fun?

Lightning is the new kid at school now. By the time people start taking delivery, it's not going to be that big a deal anymore.

At this point a lot of people's experience regarding ICE F-150s, purchasing, choosing a dealer and all that is fully applicable to potential Lightning owners.

The Bronco Sport isn't a Bronco the same as a Mach-E isn't a Mustang. The Lightning is an F-150 and I expect toward the end of this generation's life cycle that it will significantly displace all other models, so it would get pretty lonely in here.

Ford F-150 Lightning POLL: F-150 Lightning Subforum or New Standalone Site EAEA8402-FF75-4629-9C26-03E5736DC37A

Does hitting ignore work to hide subforum posts from the unread posts page?

I have no intention of getting a new Lightning, but I would like to have a used one eventually as a grocery getter and I am happy to see people excited about them and I won't hesitate to add to the discussion if I feel like it would be productive.

I really never understood the animosity toward EV's, because the more of them that people buy, the more gasoline will be left over for my V8.

Kamuelaflyer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor, Ford Mustang Mach-e
I can see it both ways. Since we have a 2020 Raptor, the regular F150 forum is of some interest to me. It’d be nice to keep them on the same site. On the other hand, it’s arguable that the vehicles will be different enough to warrant a separate site altogether. But there will still be enormous overlap in interest between the two trucks.

As for the question about whether the Mustang Mach-e and the ICE Mustang have separate sites, the answer is “it depends.” In some cases they’re on the same site and in others they’re not. The commonality in systems snd parts between the MME and the ICE Mustang is likely to be several magnitudes lower than what we’ll see between the aligning and ICE F150s though.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
The Mustang and Mach-E share nothing in common, one is a Sports Car and the other one is a CUV/hatchback.

The Lightning is pretty much and F-150 with a different power train and exterior. The interior will be about 99% identical,all accessories are shared if I’m not mistaken.
Sponsored