Sponsored

Platinum - Where to Lessen the Bling

JCU Delt Ox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor
Although I love my platinum, it has a bit too much shiny stuff for my liking. I'm thinking about what items I can PTM in order to bring down the level of chrome and polished aluminum. I'm also not a fan of the "paint everything possible the same color" movement. The white Platinum recently featured, although a nice truck, is too monotone for me.

Right now, I'm thinking about painting the chrome mirror caps Smoked Quartz to match, along with either the grille surround OR the bar through the grille (think KR), but not both. I have Lamin X tinted headlight and fog light film that I think will tone down the front as well. What do you think?

Ford F-150 Platinum - Where to Lessen the Bling Platinum Leveled 2
Sponsored

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Whatever you do post pics. My truck (coming soon) will look just yours. I like the idea of darkening the center grill bar.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Powder coat wheels, tailgate, swap mirror caps. The rest will not look like much at all.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I was thinking the same thing so I did a little photoshop last week.

(Apologies to a fellow Smoked Quartz owner for using his photo, as of now I can only dream about which lot my truck is sitting in somewhere. ) Maybe later I will see what it looks like on JCU's pic.

Ford F-150 Platinum - Where to Lessen the Bling IMG_0203

Sponsored

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I agree one of the first things I plan to do to mine is figure out something to really tone down the tailgate. I've seen some suggest Plasti Dip spray. I'd love to hear other ideas on that.

I like some blacked out trucks but I also don't mind a fair amount of chrome. I'm definitely keeping the factory wheels. I also like the front grill as is but tweaking the center bar might give it a very subtle change.

M88265

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
I agree one of the first things I plan to do to mine is figure out something to really tone down the tailgate. I've seen some suggest Plasti Dip spray. I'd love to hear other ideas on that.

I like some blacked out trucks but I also don't mind a fair amount of chrome. I'm definitely keeping the factory wheels. I also like the front grill as is but tweaking the center bar might give it a very subtle change.
I was thinking about buying black wrap on Amazon and try to wrap the chrome on the tailgate not sure if I should get flat black or shiny mine is smoked quartz

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Funny, I was looking at the same thing this afternoon. My truck will be Smoked Quartz too. I'm planning on either going gloss gray, black or smoked clear. I'm probably not going the all blacked out look on this truck.

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Powder coat wheels, tailgate, swap mirror caps. The rest will not look like much at all.
I like this idea. Has anyone seen pictures of the 2021 Platinum wheels powder coated? I’m still waiting on mine but I did price having the wheels powder coated and it was around $1000 for the set. I also looked at that plasti dip stuff but don’t have to have to redo it every 6 months.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I like this idea. Has anyone seen pictures of the 2021 Platinum wheels powder coated? I’m still waiting on mine but I did price having the wheels powder coated and it was around $1000 for the set. I also looked at that plasti dip stuff but don’t have to have to redo it every 6 months.
I haven’t seen any 21s from a platinum but eBay and Detroit wheel have tons from the last few years. The best thing about powder coating is that you can pick the color (don’t have to do black). AZ’s lariat rims from another thread look great gray.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/powder-coated-lariat-wheels.3589/

Sponsored

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
I haven’t seen any 21s from a platinum but eBay and Detroit wheel have tons from the last few years. The best thing about powder coating is that you can pick the color (don’t have to do black). AZ’s lariat rims from another thread look great gray.
I’m seeing
From what I see online powder coating lasts 15+ years. I may look into this further.

ddsag09

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum Powerboost
I'm waiting on a SQ Platinum and want to paint the side emblems and mirror caps to match the body color. Wondering what the easiest way to do this is.

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Check out Wild Willies Accessories. They are up in Georgia and post videos on customized new trucks. They make some sweet but expensive trucks. Here’s one but they have many more to give you ideas. I have no affiliation with them.

Sponsored