Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
“Hey honey, whaddya think about new wheels for your truck!”
Lol I’ve already tried buying her power tools and a gun for Christmas. She’s caught on to me already.
Sponsored

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX 5, 2018 Hyundai
Occupation
Retired Air Force, Currently a Federal Employee
Good looking truck..
The wheels look great, other than the wrinkles in the film. Great, idea I want to go something with the wheels on my patty, but i will need to figure a way to not ge the wrinkles.

OP
OP
Heavishot

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I'm working on using the decal as a template for a second attempt that hopefully eliminates the wrinkles. I've traced the existing decal and scanned to a pdf that I will use in some drawing software to create a cleaner template I can then trace onto the Vvivid film. I'll post more pics if it works better.

MacTexas744

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 King Ranch, 2018 Porsche Macan S, 34 Ford
Occupation
Retired
In the youtube videos they use a heat gun. Did you use a heat gun?

Sponsored

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Lol I wish Ford would recall the Platinum wheels for being ugly then give us platinum owners a new set!

they do like nice when clean but definitely not my 1st choice for a truck of this pricetag. Anyone have any ideas on how I can convince my wife my brand new truck needs new aftermarket wheels?
And Tires! I have a Platy also and really dislike the Hankooks!

OP
OP
Heavishot

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
In the youtube videos they use a heat gun. Did you use a heat gun?
I did use a heat gun. I'd guess someone with lots of experience wrapping could do it.

My car tint guy said he doesn't recommend wrap on wheels because it only lasts a few months before peeling. He recommends powder coating them.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Lol I wish Ford would recall the Platinum wheels for being ugly then give us platinum owners a new set!

they do like nice when clean but definitely not my 1st choice for a truck of this pricetag. Anyone have any ideas on how I can convince my wife my brand new truck needs new aftermarket wheels?
It's a matter of safety. You need winter tires and it _saves money_ to have winter tires on winter wheels and no be the sucker who pays every year to have the tires swapped back and forth on one set of wheels! Logic!

Sponsored

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
s-l400.jpg

That ford wheel looks good, almost as good as the one's i ordered for my new truck!
I think these are the best stock rims available. This is what I got on my kids' trucks. A guy in our area sells them for $950 a set as he picks up takeoffs from some tire shop.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I think these are the best stock rims available. This is what I got on my kids' trucks. A guy in our area sells them for $950 a set as he picks up takeoffs from some tire shop.
That's not a bad price!

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I did use a heat gun. I'd guess someone with lots of experience wrapping could do it.

My car tint guy said he doesn't recommend wrap on wheels because it only lasts a few months before peeling. He recommends powder coating them.

Did he say how much it is to powder coat the wheels? I wonder if it’s worth it over getting new custom wheels.

OP
OP
Heavishot

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Did he say how much it is to powder coat the wheels? I wonder if it’s worth it over getting new custom wheels.
He quoted me $600. I might consider doing it but I can't really afford to be without my truck for several days.
Sponsored