OP

PlatinumPanda

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I’ve got the same 601s stacked in my basement waiting to go on, so my opinion may be biased.

Looks like you get to hit the trail a lot, done any suspension/skid work?

Are you planning custom OEM tails or something else?
The wife and i ride ALOT. All of our vacations are planned around biking. No plans for suspension just keeping her stock other then the 2" level. I did order a tranny skid plate since the stock one is looking like a trash bag is caught under the truck lol.

Yea, similar plan for the tail lights. Keep the OEM tails and paint the insides. I have a couple ideas. Here's a rough sneak peak...

Ford F-150 Platinum Panda Build tail1

of

Ford F-150 Platinum Panda Build tail2

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Both look great, but I really like the way option 1 flows into the tailgate.

If you are trailing a lot, I’m sure aftermarket shocks out back would be beneficial, lots of options that aren’t too costly either.

Dannyboy80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost (SOLD)
The circled areas they had to cut or shave down.
s.jpg
Oh hey, thanks for going out of your way to snap that pic! Super helpful!

I actually just ordered a set of 1.5” spacers off Amazon to do a test fit as that’ll be the exact front spacing of the 601s… Gotta love free returns within 30 days! :)

OP
OP

PlatinumPanda

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh hey, thanks for going out of your way to snap that pic! Super helpful!

I actually just ordered a set of 1.5” spacers off Amazon to do a test fit as that’ll be the exact front spacing of the 601s… Gotta love free returns within 30 days! :)
Haha love it. Im guilty of abusing the amazon return policy as well but they get plenty out of me on a monthly basis lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP

PlatinumPanda

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Both look great, but I really like the way option 1 flows into the tailgate.

If you are trailing a lot, I’m sure aftermarket shocks out back would be beneficial, lots of options that aren’t too costly either.
That was my favorite as well.

What are some recommendation for the rear shocks? Im open to it lol

Reactions: 780

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
That was my favorite as well.

What are some recommendation for the rear shocks? Im open to it lol
Tons of folks really like Bilstein 5100s.

Icon, Fox, Eibach, and Rough Country (that I know of) all have offerings though.

Me personally, I have Ford Performance Bilsteins which are based on the Bilstein 5160s.

Based on what I’ve read though, just about anything is an upgrade over stock offerings.

FJay150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB
I love theses wheels. but I'm bias, i have the same! Great choice , looks amazing!
How is your mpg compared to stock? im still undecided between 305 55 20 and 295 60 20. Zero choices from 295 to be on the light side.

Sponsored

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer
Is it offensive if I call it gorgeous? Cuz it is. Love it!

Ctimrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Is that you jumping that gap? If it is you’ve got a serious set of stones and a great looking truck!

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
The wife and i ride ALOT. All of our vacations are planned around biking. No plans for suspension just keeping her stock other then the 2" level. I did order a tranny skid plate since the stock one is looking like a trash bag is caught under the truck lol.

Yea, similar plan for the tail lights. Keep the OEM tails and paint the insides. I have a couple ideas. Here's a rough sneak peak...

tail1.jpg

of

tail2.jpg
I like #2 with the black. #1 would be good if you could get the white to match up with the truck, but that might be a tough trick.

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
Nice touch with the front tow hooks, I almost didn't even notice it. The little details really matter

EDIT: Nvm, I thought they were white, but open closer inspection, they appear to be chrome still. I plan to do mine in a copper color... Eventually
Here are my painted billet DeBerti tow hooks in a rich copper color that matches the "led" light strips in headlights. I plan on adding the Tremor stripe on center bar of grille also. (see test photo) The color looks much richer and less orange in real life. The Tremor color is more of a gold hue and I wanted the rich copper color so I now figured out another car's paint code and a 3M vinyl that both match the headlamp "led" strip. Also replacing blue/chrome Ford badge with painted leadfoot background with black Ford script. Sort of a Lariat Powerboost Tremor Hybrid FX4.
Ford F-150 Platinum Panda Build IMG_5446

Ford F-150 Platinum Panda Build IMG_5339
Sponsored

Last edited: