First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
That’s a cool feature knowing the headlights move in all directions. I was just assuming only left and right while negotiating turns.
Oh wow, based on tilt/pitch going over humps the headlights will adjust? That would be great as there are some unlit highways I take for fun sometimes and rolling moguls make night visibility tough!
Sponsored

OP
OP

MileHiGuy

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3500 Ram CTD Mega Cap
Occupation
Contractor
I believe the up down feature is only for self leveling with a load. Up down over hills would be cool but probably not feasible or problematic resulting is a potentially dangerous/blinding condition.

We too ordered the Carmela Interior as my wife also is a bit tired of black interiors. I too would have opted for the KR package if I could have gotten painted bumpers/Minimal chrome as the interior looks very nice.

No word yet on the delivery time frame.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I believe the up down feature is only for self leveling with a load. Up down over hills would be cool but probably not feasible or problematic resulting is a potentially dangerous/blinding condition.

We too ordered the Carmela Interior as my wife also is a bit tired of black interiors. I too would have opted for the KR package if I could have gotten painted bumpers/Minimal chrome as the interior looks very nice.

No word yet on the delivery time frame.
I actually *prefer* the non-chrome King Ranch! Honestly, I love the painted bumper and really love those bronze rims. But the wife loves the chrome and the KR badge on the tailgate so I lose that one. But I'm happy to switch to KR as that interior is amazing.

What do you mean you can't get painted bumpers/minimal chrome? It is $2k cheaper and looks awesome. Do you mean body color? Here is my KR build with regular vs chrome. I love the non-chrome 601A rims, that bronze goes well with the earthy tones:

Ford F-150 Platinum Interior Question 1604687678259

Ford F-150 Platinum Interior Question 1604687706239

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I actually *prefer* the non-chrome King Ranch! Honestly, I love the painted bumper and really love those bronze rims. But the wife loves the chrome and the KR badge on the tailgate so I lose that one. But I'm happy to switch to KR as that interior is amazing.

What do you mean you can't get painted bumpers/minimal chrome? It is $2k cheaper and looks awesome. Do you mean body color? Here is my KR build with regular vs chrome. I love the non-chrome 601A rims, that bronze goes well with the earthy tones:

1604687678259.png

1604687706239.png
The non-chrome KR is very sharp. Those wheels with some meatier tires....wow!

I spec'd a KR (non-chrome) and a Platinum exactly the same way. KR was $76,765 and the Platinum was $76,310. For the money, I like the Platinum better.

OP
OP

MileHiGuy

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3500 Ram CTD Mega Cap
Occupation
Contractor
Correct, body colored bumpers and satin finish on the Platinum is a little more to my liking. Although the Mag Chloride of our winters still attack those finishes as well.

I have ordered the Iconic Silver.

KR is an awesome set up though... it was a tough decision.

Sponsored

YOCUBED

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GLE 450, 2016 BMW M3, 2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Emergency Physician
Correct, body colored bumpers and satin finish on the Platinum is a little more to my liking. Although the Mag Chloride of our winters still attack those finishes as well.

I have ordered the Iconic Silver.

KR is an awesome set up though... it was a tough decision.
If I could have gotten guard with the KR high package I would have absolutely gone that way. But since not I'm between a Platinum or Limited in antimatter blue.
Man the tough decisions we have to make. ?

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
If I could have gotten guard with the KR high package I would have absolutely gone that way. But since not I'm between a Platinum or Limited in antimatter blue.
I ordered a Limited in AMB.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
As many F-150's as Ford builds/sells, I have to believe that the plant-specific items (except perhaps PB) will go away by mid-year. Once supply chain issues subside and production is rolling full steam, I could certainly see Guard being offered on KR 601A. The F-150 Source Book says that Guard is not compatible with the KR Chrome Appearance Package, but does not say anything about 601A. I think the only hang-up is Guard in KC and power running boards in Detroit. They may not add Guard in Detroit, but PRB should be integrated into production at KC.

Last edited:

igor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
Has anyone who ordered the carmelo interior received a VIN or build-date yet? I ordered a carmelo interior AND a powerboost engine (3 months ago) - no VIN or build date assigned yet. Not sure if it's because one of these two items is in short supply, or my dealer has that many retail orders where mine is lower on the priority list.....

Nomadic_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost FX4
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone who ordered the carmelo interior received a VIN or build-date yet? I ordered a carmelo interior AND a powerboost engine (3 months ago) - no VIN or build date assigned yet. Not sure if it's because one of these two items is in short supply, or my dealer has that many retail orders where mine is lower on the priority list.....
I received word yesterday my Platinum Powerboost with Carmelo interior with work surface has been scheduled for build on 12/14. No VIN yet, but my dealer said he should get it by Friday. It's a stock order.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MileHiGuy

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3500 Ram CTD Mega Cap
Occupation
Contractor
Should
I received word yesterday my Platinum Powerboost with Carmelo interior with work surface has been scheduled for build on 12/14. No VIN yet, but my dealer said he should get it by Friday. It's a stock order.
Should I be asking my dealer to classify my order as a 'Stock Order'?
Not sure how they did it but I am guessing that it is more along the lines of a 'customer specific order'. Thank you!

Nomadic_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Should

Should I be asking my dealer to classify my order as a 'Stock Order'?
Not sure how they did it but I am guessing that it is more along the lines of a 'customer specific order'. Thank you!
I don’t know if it’ll make a difference now that OKTB is happening soon. But it can’t hurt to ask your dealer....specifically talk to the inventory manager.

OP
OP

MileHiGuy

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3500 Ram CTD Mega Cap
Occupation
Contractor
I don’t know if it’ll make a difference now that OKTB is happening soon. But it can’t hurt to ask your dealer....specifically talk to the inventory manager.
I should know this but what does OKTB stand for? I thought it had something to do with the release of the EPA fuel efficiency but that has come and gone.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I should know this but what does OKTB stand for? I thought it had something to do with the release of the EPA fuel efficiency but that has come and gone.
OK To Buy - I think

Nomadic_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Like Roger said, it's the term Ford uses to signify dealers can submit retail orders/special orders. In other words, it's ok for them to submit customer's build requests beyond their stock orders.
Sponsored