First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3500 Ram CTD Mega Cap
Occupation
Contractor
Hello, now that the Ford B&P is a little more updated, I notice that the Carmelo Dash looks different than the Unique Black interior. The black looks to have a real wood (dark) insert on the glove box lid and the cluster surround where the Carmelo looks to have some bright simulated metal. Hard to tell from the pictures I have seen.

If anyone has seen both and can comment, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Ford F-150 Platinum Interior Question {filename}

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Hello, now that the Ford B&P is a little more updated, I notice that the Carmelo Dash looks different than the Unique Black interior. The black looks to have a real wood (dark) insert on the glove box lid and the cluster surround where the Carmelo looks to have some bright simulated metal. Hard to tell from the pictures I have seen.

If anyone has seen both and can comment, it would be greatly appreciated!!

I haven’t seen the interior of a Platty in person yet. But the dash pads look nearly the same to me in the computer generated pics you posted. I think one contributor to it looking different on the Carmelo interior is that the upper glove box is finished in a silver/aluminum finish. Whereas the black interior looks like a matte black finish.

Coyote

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 2.7
Occupation
Accountant
Hey I have an interior question, sorry for butting in on your thread but its related and I didnt want to start a new thread. I have seen the "diamond pattern" sewn on the seats and I am worried that they may come on the truck I'm about to order, because I think they are hideous. As far as I can tell this pattern comes on the seats for the King Ranch and higher trims and I will most likely order a Lariat so will I be OK and not have the diamond pattern in a lariat - 502A ?

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
From what I have seen, you are spot on. Carmelo will get you a 'brushed aluminum' trim set and the Unique Black has a charcoal 'wood' trim set. You can see the wood grain if you are paying close attention in the video, especially on the trim between the gauge cluster and the center stack. There is also a computer generated image on the below thread that give the impression of a charcoal 'wood' look.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/platinum-black-interior-2021-f-150.306/#post-2465

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey I have an interior question, sorry for butting in on your thread but its related and I didnt want to start a new thread. I have seen the "diamond pattern" sewn on the seats and I am worried that they may come on the truck I'm about to order, because I think they are hideous. As far as I can tell this pattern comes on the seats for the King Ranch and higher trims and I will most likely order a Lariat so will I be OK and not have the diamond pattern in a lariat - 502A ?
You are correct, Lariat models will not have that diamond pattern you are referring to. Per the Ford website, the seats will be “leather trimmed bucket seats” for Lariats. They will be similar this this design pattern.

Ford F-150 Platinum Interior Question B469FDC1-C980-450C-82B4-AF8AE7ACF0E6

Ford F-150 Platinum Interior Question 67902DDB-9B5A-41FB-96F9-C9E63E10E51C

Ford F-150 Platinum Interior Question 8D5284AD-B9E2-4123-9FF3-1FAD2DD97B6F

Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I think the diamond pattern is only on the Limited.

OP
OP

MileHiGuy

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3500 Ram CTD Mega Cap
Occupation
Contractor
What is odd if you look at some of the videos the Carmela dash inserts are a black matte piece but some of the renderings issued earlier are a brushed metal piece??

is the rumor still there that the Carmela color is a later availability? That might answer my question if I should change my order. Dealer has no info on either account.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
What is odd if you look at some of the videos the Carmela dash inserts are a black matte piece but some of the renderings issued earlier are a brushed metal piece??

is the rumor still there that the Carmela color is a later availability? That might answer my question if I should change my order. Dealer has no info on either account.
I had not heard that rumor. However, I searched AutoTrader and CarGurus and not a single advertised Platinum has Carmelo. So, there could be some truth to that rumor.

I do find it particularly interesting that we saw Carmelo over and over again. It was a long wait to finally see Unique Black and it still hasn't been in most Platinum's on the customer event circuit.

Last edited:

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I had not heard that rumor. However, I searched AutoTrader and CarGurus and not a single advertised Platinum has Carmelo. So, there could be some truth to that rumor.

I do find it particularly interesting that we saw Carmelo over and over again. It was a long wait to finally see Unique Black and it still hasn't been in most Platinum's on the customer even circuit.
OMG you're right!!! It is the Carmelo leather that seems to be scarce.... I just searched all of northern california of the 2021 platinums coming to dealers - not a SINGLE one is Carmelo, they are all the unique black. So it is still unclear whether work surface or the interior leather are what is holding up my order from being picked up...

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
How many of you actually ordered the Carmelo over the black interior?

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I gotta stick it out. The wife did not want another black interior. I actually preferred the King Ranch interior but ultimately decided on the Plat trim which forces me into carmelo.

igor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
I gotta stick it out. The wife did not want another black interior. I actually preferred the King Ranch interior but ultimately decided on the Plat trim which forces me into carmelo.
I'm sticking it out too - hopefully the delay isn't long - it's quite a classy interior, and worth waiting for availability (if the rumors are true). That, coupled with the supposed limitation in the PB engine option, means this will unlikely be a Christmas present for me....

executor485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
I ordered it, and then yesterday I was able to go to a local drive event and see it in person. The pictures online just don't look right. In person the color meets exactly what I was hoping for though. I'll be waiting for it. I've almost given up because of the timing and things like the power running boards not folding out to the right spot (the new ones are too high and close, grrr).
However, there are a LOT of things that are massive improvements. The entire interior has much better finish. But the screen... One thing I don't hear people mention is that it's a glass face, instead of the matte computer monitor style. That adds a LOT to the feel and smoothness, it's the difference of using your smart phone over a regular computer monitor touch. The screen won't show wear spots where the person pushes "power" or "home" all the time.
They really did pay attention to detail on how things feel. Metal accents, leather on the door cards, etc. It was demanded to keep up with the RAM interiors. Then the new headlights. Alberto was my drive event person and he was great to talk with. He confirmed that the headlights move in all directions, not just right to left, but up and down too. That's awesome news for me, as I drive a LOT at night too.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ordered it, and then yesterday I was able to go to a local drive event and see it in person. The pictures online just don't look right. In person the color meets exactly what I was hoping for though. I'll be waiting for it. I've almost given up because of the timing and things like the power running boards not folding out to the right spot (the new ones are too high and close, grrr).
However, there are a LOT of things that are massive improvements. The entire interior has much better finish. But the screen... One thing I don't hear people mention is that it's a glass face, instead of the matte computer monitor style. That adds a LOT to the feel and smoothness, it's the difference of using your smart phone over a regular computer monitor touch. The screen won't show wear spots where the person pushes "power" or "home" all the time.
They really did pay attention to detail on how things feel. Metal accents, leather on the door cards, etc. It was demanded to keep up with the RAM interiors. Then the new headlights. Alberto was my drive event person and he was great to talk with. He confirmed that the headlights move in all directions, not just right to left, but up and down too. That's awesome news for me, as I drive a LOT at night too.
That’s a cool feature knowing the headlights move in all directions. I was just assuming only left and right while negotiating turns.
Sponsored