Sponsored

PLATINUM Interior Photos & Videos (2021+ F-150 -- 14th Gen)

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
The photo you posted of the tray cover is atrocious, for certain. If my truck came with that lid, I would (a) ask for the dealer to order another lid and if that didn't work (b) never open the durn thing. There are so many variables, at this point for me, that I cannot fathom ordering one until I see it in person. As soon as they hit the dealer lots, I will be posting photos galore!
That's funny, I completely forgot my truck has that little cover!! I think mine has been open for over 3 years, the entire time I've owned it.
Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I'm pretty sure that is real wood, just as in the KR. Here's the excerpt from the Robb report article that explains how and why they cut and matched it that way:

“The Platinum is more for an urban customer, with a more modern appearance,” she says. A caramel-and-black interior is accented with bold contrast striping on the seats, door panels and center console. Whalen and Grant are proud of the matte open-pore oak trim, which is cut to reveal the rings of the trees from which the wood is sourced. “We felt it was important to celebrate the rings of a tree; you can see its life right before your eyes,” Grant tells us. “We felt it would really resonate with our customers, this enduring legacy of building something that outlives you.”

https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/2021-ford-f-150-design-2931349/

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
That's funny, I completely forgot my truck has that little cover!! I think mine has been open for over 3 years, the entire time I've owned it.
I use the Qi charger in my Tacoma every single day. There really is no chance that the lid in my forthcoming F-150 is ever going to be closed. There is a small change bin and a charge port in console of my wife's Acura that has a door. I closed it one day and it blew her mind!

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I'm pretty sure that is real wood, just as in the KR. Here's the excerpt from the Robb report article that explains how and why they cut and matched it that way:

“The Platinum is more for an urban customer, with a more modern appearance,” she says. A caramel-and-black interior is accented with bold contrast striping on the seats, door panels and center console. Whalen and Grant are proud of the matte open-pore oak trim, which is cut to reveal the rings of the trees from which the wood is sourced. “We felt it was important to celebrate the rings of a tree; you can see its life right before your eyes,” Grant tells us. “We felt it would really resonate with our customers, this enduring legacy of building something that outlives you.”

https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/2021-ford-f-150-design-2931349/
Jesus these people really bared their whole soul and went to so much effort on the style only to have it crapped on by multiple people complaining hahahha. Can't please everyone :)

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Other than the compartment cover image I posted, the woodgrain does appears to be somewhat subtle, at least in the images you posted. However, if it does stand out with that weird wave pattern, then that pushes me more towards the Limited. If Ford was attempting a "natural" woodgrain pattern, they missed the mark. It's woodgrain, but an odd repeating pattern that is anything but natural looking.
Here is another photo I found earlier in this thread showing the passenger side glovebox door. This has me concerned. This is not 'resonating' with this customer. I will hold my final opinion until I can get inside a Platinum, but it's not what I was hoping for.

Ford F-150 PLATINUM Interior Photos & Videos (2021+ F-150 -- 14th Gen) 1604695507740

Ford F-150 PLATINUM Interior Photos & Videos (2021+ F-150 -- 14th Gen) 1604695389276

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Here is another photo I found earlier in this thread showing the passenger side glovebox door. This has me concerned. This is not 'resonating' with this customer. I will hold my final opinion until I can get inside a Platinum, but it's not what I was hoping for.
What i'm curious is, if we have 2 unique black pics of the glove box area. If the grain is exact on both, it is machined. Otherwise, it is wood.

Let's get that detective work started, fellas!

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
What i'm curious is, if we have 2 unique black pics of the glove box area. If the grain is exact on both, it is machined. Otherwise, it is wood.

Let's get that detective work started, fellas!
I'd be VERY surprised if it was real wood. Perhaps it is more subtle in real life, and the overexposed photo is just exaggerating the pattern.

If anyone has been inside of a Unique Black Platinum, please comment, thanks.

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I'd be VERY surprised if it was real wood. Perhaps it is more subtle in real life, and the overexposed photo is just exaggerating the pattern.

If anyone has been inside of a Unique Black Platinum, please comment, thanks.
well this one:
Ford F-150 PLATINUM Interior Photos & Videos (2021+ F-150 -- 14th Gen) 1604707840295

looks very different from this one:

Ford F-150 PLATINUM Interior Photos & Videos (2021+ F-150 -- 14th Gen) 1604707862872

And it seems like if they are manufactured, it would be very expensive to have multiple patterns of wood grain? I don't know what to think.

executor485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
Here I thought, and was hoping, that the panels were brushed aluminum... hrmmm... Damn thing needs to be here already. I’m losing my mind!

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They claim it is real wood, so I will have to take them at their word. I suppose I should expect some of the finer things you find in high end cars when I fork over my $70K+. How silly of me to want run of the mill truck stuff...