Platinum Club

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
My truck is on its way to the dealer and should be delivered this weekend. Woohoo!!!!!!!!
Congrats! Weekend delivery would be awesome. $50 bucks says you’ll spend half the day in the truck playing with all the gadgets ?
Sponsored

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Congrats! Weekend delivery would be awesome. $50 bucks says you’ll spend half the day in the truck playing with all the gadgets ?
You owe me $50?. It was delivered today but my sales guy is out till Monday so no truck till Monday lol. I have to pull a few things off my 16 before I trade it so the weekend wait works out.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Joined the Platinum club last Friday! I had claimed a dealer ordered platinum that was SUPPOSED to arrive 6/12. Sure enough the end date shifted to 8/28 so I called my dealer to see what he could figure out. His system showed the same date and the truck was complete with no parts missing and no explanation why it wasn’t shipping. This was all last Thursday. He checks his system and shows 3 trucks sitting in the local rail yard just like mine except with sunroof added and they would be on his lot the next day. a few days and added accessories later, a platinum sits in my garage tonight.

SMOKED QUARTZ PLATINUM 4WD
Carmelo Interior
Powerboost
701A
7.2 Pro Power
Trailer Tow
Twin panel moonroof
Interior work surface
FX4
Partit ironed lockable storage

DEALER ADDS
Toff Liner spray in bed liner
Ready Lift 2” level
Rear wheel liners
Wheel locks

MY ADDS
Husky Liner X-Act floor mats -front/back (transfer from 2017 F150)
Bakflip MX4 (transfer from 2017 F150 -yes it fits perfectly)
iOttie phone holder paired with OffRoam vent mount
BuiltRight rear seat latch release
Optimum Gloss Coat ceramic coating

COMING EVENTUALLY
BFG KO2 285/60/20
possibly tinted wrap or Plasti-Dip on tailgate panel

Last edited:

Sponsored

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
New to forums but have been reading for some time now and thought Platinums needed some representation:

Order Date: 27Jan21
Blend Date: 02Apr21
Estimated Delivery Date: 31Oct21

Smoked Quartz
701A High
3.5L Power Boost Engine
FX4 Off-Road Package
Max Trailer Tow Package
7.2kW - Pro Power Onboard
Wheel Well Liner
Interior Work Surface
Partitioned Lockable Fold-Flat Storage
Twin Panel Moonroof
Max Recline Driver and Passenger Seats

Dealer Adds:
Max Legal Tint (front windows)
Third Key
20” Spare Tire and Wheel (match tires on the ground)
FX4 Decal Removal
Paint Match
Tailgate Applique
Side Mirror Caps
Fender Badges
Front and Rear Blue Oval Badges

Aftermarket Adds:
Roll N Lock E-Series (power) Bed Cover
Roll N Lock Cargo Manager
Bedrug Classic Bed Liner

When my truck gets delivered I will add pictures.

When I ordered it the dealer said it would take 6 to maybe 8 weeks to get here. To be safe I told myself to plan for 10 to 12 weeks, as of right now it has been 18 weeks and counting with no confirmed end insight.

Please add your comments and descriptions of your Platinum or other model...
@mmcconnell810,

Love that build! It’s almost exactly what I had ordered on Jan 2nd, a loaded Hybrid SQ Platty. I too was told 6-8 weeks. Mine was also built in early April. Mine too was delayed to Oct 31st.

I do admire your perseverance - especially in the wake of this latest 5-month delay.

I took a different course of action and went on an extensive search for one on a dealer lot. I was unable to find one East of the Mississippi, a SQ Hybrid Platty that was in shipment but hadn’t been spoken for yet. It doesn’t have the max recline or spray-in bed liner, but is still pretty close to my original order.

Right now, I am sitting in Logan A/P (Boston) waiting my flight to Charlotte NC to pick it up and drive home!

OP
OP

mmcconnell810

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2021 F-150 Platinum, traded 2018 Platinum
Occupation
Manager
@mmcconnell810,

Love that build! It’s almost exactly what I had ordered on Jan 2nd, a loaded Hybrid SQ Platty. I too was told 6-8 weeks. Mine was also built in early April. Mine too was delayed to Oct 31st.

I do admire your perseverance - especially in the wake of this latest 5-month delay.

I took a different course of action and went on an extensive search for one on a dealer lot. I was unable to find one East of the Mississippi, a SQ Hybrid Platty that was in shipment but hadn’t been spoken for yet. It doesn’t have the max recline or spray-in bed liner, but is still pretty close to my original order.

Right now, I am sitting in Logan A/P (Boston) waiting my flight to Charlotte NC to pick it up and drive home!

Congratulations, have a safe trip and be sure to upload pictures.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
@mmcconnell810,

Get your truck? Can’t believe the long trek, but should be a good chance to get to know your truck very well on the ride home!

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
To anyone that’s been waiting far too long - Hang in there! This is a GREAT vehicle! The wait will be worth it.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Get your truck? Can’t believe the long trek, but should be a good chance to get to know your truck very well on the ride home!
@xtraman122 ,

Thank you! Yeah, it was about 930 miles altogether. A long trek but definitely worth it, as I got the truck I wanted and got to know the vehicle a lot better.

I was pleasantly surprised by how well it performed. Agile handling, great sightlines, and a smooth ride for a big truck. Being that this was during its first 1,000 miles, I went easy on her and tried to vary the speed and driving conditions. I got over 26 MPG overall in Normal Mode - and that included ~4 hours of Stop-and-go traffic!

Ford F-150 Platinum Club 1623033936040

The sync Apple Car Play and iHeart radio worked immediately. Lane-centering and intelligent cruise control were easily my favorite feature on the long trip. (My daughter's favorite was the massaging seats). Plenty of power when I needed it (especially in that nasty NJ and NYC traffic.)

I had to give her a foam cannon / hand wash this morning to wash off all the cicada bug guts that had swarmed I-95. Here she is in my driveway.

Ford F-150 Platinum Club Madman SQ Hybrid Platty

Next Steps:
Line-X Spray-in bed liner (Monday)
Order a Tonneau (RetraxPro)
Install the Mud Flaps, license plate holders, short antenna
Schedule the 2" Lift installation
Polish the paint
Apply a Ceramic Coating (CQ UK 2.0 + Gliss 2.0)
Apply ceramic protectants to the leather, the alcantera, glass, and plastic surfaces

Seriously, I couldn't be happier with it!

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Nice trucks guys, but where’s your Sport Package?!!

Brought to you by the Lariat Lounge gang!! ???

Last edited:

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
@xtraman122 ,

Thank you! Yeah, it was about 930 miles altogether. A long trek but definitely worth it, as I got the truck I wanted and got to know the vehicle a lot better.

I was pleasantly surprised by how well it performed. Agile handling, great sightlines, and a smooth ride for a big truck. Being that this was during its first 1,000 miles, I went easy on her and tried to vary the speed and driving conditions. I got over 26 MPG overall in Normal Mode - and that included ~4 hours of Stop-and-go traffic!

1623033936040.png

The sync Apple Car Play and iHeart radio worked immediately. Lane-centering and intelligent cruise control were easily my favorite feature on the long trip. (My daughter's favorite was the massaging seats). Plenty of power when I needed it (especially in that nasty NJ and NYC traffic.)

I had to give her a foam cannon / hand wash this morning to wash off all the cicada bug guts that had swarmed I-95. Here she is in my driveway.

Madman SQ Hybrid Platty.jpg

Next Steps:
Polish the paint
Apply ceramic protectants to the leather, the alcantera, glass, and plastic surfaces

Glad to hear it all worked out. Co-Pilot Assist is awesome, is was on my must-have list. So convenient for the highway. I’d say that and the stop auto-hold are two of my favorites so far. Seems like such a simple thing but it’s a lifesaver in stop and go traffic or at a drive-thru line.

Playing the whole EV Assist “game” is fun too, trying to keep it electric as much as possible to see what you can get for mileage. Got 37.5 MPG on my 8.4 mile ride to the gym this morning. Only 23.1 on the way back, but those still average out to 30 which is pretty damn good.

Last edited:

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Greatest truck ever. Never had an F150 that had all the functionality of a pickup and more but still road like a Cadillac..

- Smoked sides and rear windows to match factory.
- Retrax XR bed cover
- Full Bedrug, just need pillows for lounging under stars ;)
- Rydonair 13" rubber antenna
- Rove Dash Cam
- Clear door edge moulding
- Ford Mud Flaps front/rear
- Ford Bugshield
- Console Vault
- DI Recovery Tracks
- Offram Dash Mounts
- Subdued Flag Emblems
-
Ford F-150 Platinum Club bug800

Ford F-150 Platinum Club F150_field1_800

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Greatest truck ever. Never had an F150 that had all the functionality of a pickup and more but still road like a Cadillac..

- Smoked sides and rear windows to match factory.
- Retrax XR bed cover
- Full Bedrug, just need pillows for lounging under stars ;)
- Rydonair 13" rubber antenna
- Rove Dash Cam
- Clear door edge moulding
- Ford Mud Flaps front/rear
- Ford Bugshield
- Console Vault
- DI Recovery Tracks
- Offram Dash Mounts
- Subdued Flag Emblems
-
bug800.jpg

F150_field1_800.jpg
@BHunted1 -

Great pics! That Ryanair 13" is the same one I had bought!

Next Steps (Updated):
Order a Tonneau (RetraxPro); install
Install BedRug
Order Ford Wheel Well Liners; install
Install Ryanair 13" Antenna
Install the Mud Flaps
Install front and rear license plate holders (1 Clemson, 1 NC State)
Polish/Level the paint, as needed
Apply Ceramic Coating (CQ UK 2.0 + Gliss 2.0)
Apply Ceramic Protectants to the leather, the alcantera, glass, and plastic surfaces
Assess undercarriage rust; use Krylon and CC Marine (per this Forum) to eliminate it

Q1: I really like the look of your hood deflector. Is that directly from Ford or somewhere else? Link?
Q2: I am considering also getting a Console Vault - which one did you select? Link?

Thank you!

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
@xtraman122 ,

1623033936040.png

Madman SQ Hybrid Platty.jpg

Next Steps:
Polish the paint

Congrats on the new truck! I have to admit after seeing your photos it seriously has me rethinking the agate black Platinum (still waiting) ? I’ve never actually seen an SQ in person but this looks great! I will also note the Platinum wheels are starting to grow on me. The stock Ford photos just don’t do it justice. Looks great on your truck!!
Sponsored