First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Really odd. I don't understand the point of that piece.

Why design the cab with the need for that piece in the 1st place?
I can no longer check, but I'm pretty sure on my '17 that was part of the aluminum, or at the very least it was a tighter fit.

The plastic parts on the inside of the headlights discolored because they were plastic (oxford white truck) and I never noticed it on those cab pieces (edit) so I always assumed they were not plastic.
Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
I can no longer check, but I'm pretty sure on my '17 that was part of the aluminum, or at the very least it was a tighter fit.

The plastic parts on the inside of the headlights discolored because they were plastic (oxford white truck) and I never noticed it on those cab pieces (edit) so I always assumed they were not plastic.
I'll have to go look on my '15. Just assume all this time the cab / door surround structure would be all one piece.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I'll have to go look on my '15. Just assume all this time the cab / door surround structure would be all one piece.
Honestly there were times I thought it might be a separate piece, but I would always settle on "No, that's all one piece". It would get dirtier just on that one piece on my '17, but it always came clean and was the same color as the rest of the cab.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Same thing on the previous generation.

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
Did anything else ever come of this? I recently noticed my passenger side cab corner is mis-aligned, and the top is coming into contact with the door / paint.
Nope. it’s a minor issue that I’m sure Ford will claim is within tolerance and do nothing.
Sponsored