Sponsored

Plan on buying Bilstein 8112/5160 TONIGHT, have a quick question….

SinCityF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
I have seen a few posts that say there will be 2021 specific parts coming out. Icon also lists a 2021 specific part number, but King lists 2015-2022.

I have also seen whereFox says that their 2.0 coilovers will work, but need to be lowered 5/8” to be the same 2.0” level you’d get onthe 2015-2020 trucks.

so needless to say, I am confused and don’t want to buy $3000 in parts that are not designed to work perfectly. I don’t want to have too little travel or too much nor do I want anything that causes bad angles. I’m not interested in Jerry rigging anything. If it is flawless, I’ll be very displeased.

please help confirm my questions and concerns.
Thanks
Sponsored

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
I have seen a few posts that say there will be 2021 specific parts coming out. Icon also lists a 2021 specific part number, but King lists 2015-2022.

I have also seen whereFox says that their 2.0 coilovers will work, but need to be lowered 5/8” to be the same 2.0” level you’d get onthe 2015-2020 trucks.

so needless to say, I am confused and don’t want to buy $3000 in parts that are not designed to work perfectly. I don’t want to have too little travel or too much nor do I want anything that causes bad angles. I’m not interested in Jerry rigging anything. If it is flawless, I’ll be very displeased.

Thanks
Sorry dude to early to say

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2021 Explorer

Thanks
I reached out to a custom shock company to ask them about the Fox kit. They said they have installed them on 2021s with no issues. So I asked about the 5/8" perch adjustment, they said they don't do it. To which I asked why would Roush recommend it then? Their answer was pretty much to go with what's out and works, in thier opinion, or wait. This wasn't just some small mom and pop shop, surprised by their answer knowing there are some differences between the 2020 and 2021.

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
I reached out to a custom shock company to ask them about the Fox kit. They said they have installed them on 2021s with no issues. So I asked about the 5/8" perch adjustment, they said they don't do it. To which I asked why would Roush recommend it then? Their answer was pretty much to go with what's out and works, in thier opinion, or wait. This wasn't just some small mom and pop shop, surprised by their answer knowing there are some differences between the 2020 and 2021.

I am always leery when the manufacturer recommends X and the shop says don't worry about it . Not that it has not worked in my favor in the past but it has also gone some ways

OP
OP

SinCityF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Well I spoke with Icon vehicle dynamics and they said their coilovers are the same shafts and bodies from Gen 13 to Gen 14, just they softened up the valving of the 2021+ coilovers.

Since the Bilsteins are supposed to be plush to begin with, and I’ll be running C rated 315s, the stiffer valving may be good to control the bigger tires, or so I hope.
Sponsored