Picking up another RCSB to do my next build

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Picking up another RCSB after selling my GT350 and I found a pretty good one. Will have to do a proper build thread when I get it. I was really surprised to see ACC on a reg cab.
‘Will be transferring the interior of the work truck to this one, lol that interior will have been installed in 3 trucks. I think that is some kind of record.

Ford F-150 Picking up another RCSB to do my next build IMG_3417

Ford F-150 Picking up another RCSB to do my next build IMG_3423
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
5 .0 with 3 73 gears
pretty well optioned
i see a street zoom zoom
will be watching

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
If I had been able to find such a well equipped RC short bed like that at a great price I would have been tempted to get it instead of ordering a 2024..Well done!

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
The MSRP for that truck had to be close to or over 50K.. Could it be it's that rarest of all Regular Cabs..All available options?

Sponsored

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
Chief the rarest option I think is the FX-4 package.. Canadian only? I've never seen one with 3.73 locking gears either. Only 3.31.. What exactly is ACC? Automatic Climate Control maybe? Regardless it's a extremely rare FULLY optioned RC in the best color! I did look for a 2023 like that but here in Florida the vast majority were white and if well optioned long beds or not 5.0 equipped. This might be the one you decide to keep maybe?
I was a ET-N at the Naval Weapons Station in Yorktown Virginia back in the 70's when I was injured..

OP
OP
NavyChief

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Chief the rarest option I think is the FX-4 package.. Canadian only? I've never seen one with 3.73 locking gears either. Only 3.31.. What exactly is ACC? Automatic Climate Control maybe? Regardless it's a extremely rare FULLY optioned RC in the best color! I did look for a 2023 like that but here in Florida the vast majority were white and if well optioned long beds or not 5.0 equipped. This might be the one you decide to keep maybe?
I was a ET-N at the Naval Weapons Station in Yorktown Virginia back in the 70's when I was injured..
Adaptive Cruise Control but I think that’s the mopar name for Bluecruise which Ford calls it.
Yea I’m driving to Michigan to get it as here in Florida they are pretty inflated on pricing plus this truck doesn’t exist here.
I started out as a nuke EM but decided to switch to MA later on to finish out.

OP
OP
NavyChief

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
The MSRP for that truck had to be close to or over 50K.. Could it be it's that rarest of all Regular Cabs..All available options?
49k, it’s missing some but it’s got all the good ones.

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
I enlisted for 4 years and after I got to NWS Yorktown I found out I could re-up for 6 years and switch to EW (electronic warfare tech) and get over a year of school near San Francisco.. very attractive to a 18 year old in 1972 lolol!
Your's is the exact truck I looked for..a fully loaded XLT. I'm near Ocala and could find none in the state. I wanted the 12" screen and dash anyway and frankly Grangers price (36K+TTT) for a two wheel drive was very appealing so I'm waiting now for it to be built. I really admire your builds Chief but I don't have the skills to do what you have accomplished. You really found the most optioned Regular Cab I've seen since I started looking and researching since December last year!

Sponsored

Old Hat

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT RCSB, 2005 ZR2 Blazer 5 sp manual
XLT RC is difficult to find. When I was shopping there were dozens of XL's for every XLT... and that's not many considering how few regular cabs there are compared to SCREW cabs to begin with. Nice truck.

OP
OP
NavyChief

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Now I’m having second thoughts about the Stage 1R kit and going to ask Whipple to change me to the Stage2 just to not run out of air flow when I change the short block and pulley down.

Old Hat

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT RCSB, 2005 ZR2 Blazer 5 sp manual
How many miles are on it? It's likely pretty rare with those options. Imagine this truck still being factory original and mint many years from now. Just my thoughts as I like to keep my vehicles a long time and favor original creampuffs.

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
With a Stage 2 you will REALLY have a Hellcat killer..My only 'performance' truck was a 2006 SRT-10 quad cab and unfortunately during my research/hunt for that truck I watched several videos of crashes. In one the owner was just doing a great burnout and 200 foot down the road suddenly swerved left and rolled it over. Brand new truck. If I had not watched that I think I would have 'enjoyed' it more! Are your goals to get it into the 10's? My F-150 dreams absolutely started with the Sleeper concept and videos. My son thinks we should start a U Tube channel with the opening shot doing a quarter mile run with a mobility scooter strapped to the tow hitch..