Sponsored

2017 Silver Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 XLT and 1988 Mustang GT
Occupation
Machinist
Thanks for posting. Seems these Lariats have a rather dismal payload capacity though.

Damn dealership clowns ripped up the one window sticker, can't tell some info at the top.

If you could post a long wheel base that would be great. Thanks in advance. Keep up the good work.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Thought I'd start a thread for Lariat payload stickers and update it regularly alongside the XLT thread I have going.

1P.jpg

1S.png

2P.jpg

2S.png

3P.jpg

3S.jpg
Great info to have! Besides the color and the wheels, the first one has nearly all of the options on my build. Hopefully I’ll be looking at a shade over 1,505 pounds of payload capacity! I can live with that seeing as my current car is only rated for around half that!

Sponsored

E28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Fleet
Occupation
Construction
Is the last one in the first post a long box?

rucus0101

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Navigator, Mustang
Yes. 157" wheelbase.
Order that last one without the power tailgate, without the moonroof, and without the FX4 and you have the well equiped tow beast.

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Order that last one without the power tailgate, without the moonroof, and without the FX4 and you have the well equiped tow beast.
It seems like you say, without those features, but add PB, you'd be at least 1500lbs or more, does that seem right?

Chris McN

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, 2021 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 3.5l EB
Occupation
Retired
This is very helpful as I'll be towing a new Airstream and the payload math is obviously important. I'm trying to figure out just how much different my truck's payload will be from the last posted sticker (A28515). Here's how my truck (on order, of course) differs from A28515:

Carbonized Gray (no meaningful difference)
SuperCab vs SuperCrew (should probably increase payload)
No moonroof (should probably increase payload)
No interior work surface (no meaningful difference)
No FX4 package (should probably increase payload)
Painted vs Chrome wheels (no meaningful difference)
Sport vs Chrome Appearance (not sure but probably no meaningful difference)
No wheel liners (no meaningful difference)

Anybody want to guess how much more payload mine will (hopefully) have?

Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia
This is very helpful as I'll be towing a new Airstream and the payload math is obviously important. I'm trying to figure out just how much different my truck's payload will be from the last posted sticker (A28515). Here's how my truck (on order, of course) differs from A28515:

Carbonized Gray (no meaningful difference)
SuperCab vs SuperCrew (should probably increase payload)
No moonroof (should probably increase payload)
No interior work surface (no meaningful difference)
No FX4 package (should probably increase payload)
Painted vs Chrome wheels (no meaningful difference)
Sport vs Chrome Appearance (not sure but probably no meaningful difference)
No wheel liners (no meaningful difference)

Anybody want to guess how much more payload mine will (hopefully) have?

Thanks
I would guess you will have between 200-250 more lbs.

But until you see that yellow sticker you can't be certain. So any speculation in this thread is just that. Take everything with a grain of salt, YMMV, FWIW, etc....

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
How do you come up with 200-250 more pounds? Could you please clarify the reasoning, Between the moonroof and FX4 - I think the difference is of the order of 100 lbs.

OP
OP

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia
How do you come up with 200-250 more pounds? Could you please clarify the reasoning, Between the moonroof and FX4 - I think the difference is of the order of 100 lbs.
Moonroof penalty is at least 64 lbs according to the previous generation F-150 materials which list option weights. This does not account for other structural enhancements which the moonroof may require above that 64 lbs.

FX4 penalty comes from the heavy skid plates that are included in the package, I estimated this around 50-70lbs.

Quad vs Crew cab can be determined from Ford's published specifications of curb weights. For example the SuperCab 4x2 version with the 5.0L V8 and 6.5 bed has a curb weight of 4554lbs. The same configuration in SuperCrew has a curb weight of 4712lbs. Simple math tells us that the SuperCrew has a 158LB payload penalty over the SuperCab.

Combining those 3 above gets the total penalty to easily in the 200-250lb range and likely at the higher end. I welcome any refinements or corrections to this logic.

Chris McN

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, 2021 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 3.5l EB
Occupation
Retired
Just curious why you're using curb weight to get at the payload differential for the cab configuration. The Technical Specs doc shows the payload for each: 2190 for SCab and 2100 for SCrew (3.5L EB 145 WB, 4x4) for a 90 lb difference. I like your number much better....
2021 F-150 Technical Specifications

OP
OP

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia
Just curious why you're using curb weight to get at the payload differential for the cab configuration. The Technical Specs doc shows the payload for each: 2190 for SCab and 2100 for SCrew (3.5L EB 145 WB, 4x4) for a 90 lb difference. I like your number much better....
2021 F-150 Technical Specifications
Payload is the difference between curb weight and GVWR. So if one vehicle has a curb weight lower than an otherwise identically configured vehicle except one characteristic, the difference in curb weight can be attributed to that one characteristic. Therefore those vehicles will have the same GVWR but different curb weights thus resulting in the payload difference.

SuperCab doesn't appear to be offered in the 145" wheelbase so I'll use 157" wheelbase in the following example. For a SuperCrew 3.5L EB with 157" wheelbase 4x4, curb weight is 4995lbs. The curb weight for the same vehicle with the only difference being SuperCab is 4860. Therefore the payload difference between the 2 should be 4995-4860=135lbs.

However looking at the published max payloads they are 2190-2100=90 (as you rightly pointed out.) So there is a discrepancy there that I am unsure how to account for. Perhaps someone can chime in with some wisdom.
Sponsored