Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Oh and umm.. it’s used. 4500 miles.

Ford F-150 Photo: Local dealer impact of chip shortage 7C0FCF45-9FE0-47D8-97BC-DF941B762B1D
Sponsored

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
My dealership, smaller town local... Has exactly zero 21s on the lot. According to him they're basically a used car the dealership at this point to keep the doors open.... To that end, maybe I should go ahead and trade my truck in and drive the old farm truck? ?
First time I've talked to them in a few weeks, I want to get frustrated about my truck but you look at their lot and website.... everything they have is ordered, "in transit" ... As a business owner myself, Got to feel for them too....
Just frustrating as all get out... For everyone.

Ford corporate needs to get their heads out of the sand, they are loosing many repeat buyers like my family and I... I am now actively shopping other brands and probably will switch.
Pay someone to put the chips in the damn trucks that are waiting on the lots from oldest ordered to newest (yeah that puts me toward the end I'm sure as 4/26 build, but it's flat out right thing to do...) and ONLY THEN start delivering these new produced vehicles again.
If they would just talk to us,.... all of us waiting in limbo... Send emails or call to acknowledge and update, I could understand and have more faith and patience were there some correspondence on the situation.

I know they have no immediate financial reason to do any rebates but repeat biz is hugely important and A LOT OF US WILL NOW Be Buying Other Brand trucks instead.
6+months should qualify for an additional depreciation rebate PERIOD...

Instead, all I get on news and email it's all moving onward and up and Woopty Doo Ford Motor company made a giant electric golf cart ? pickup truck.

There are literally people here who ordered last year... 2020 and don't have trucks and who's tracker status just moved to 10/31 ETA...!?.

While other people are literally driving their trucks around town that were built last week. Well... while I am happy for those new truck owners, That is Wrong and I am getting very ?

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I ordered my truck on 1/28 and picked it up 4/27. I stopped in at my dealership in New Jersey today and spoke with my salesman, he told me, they have only received and delivered 1 new F150 since then. They have 2 new 150's on the there lot, a base model XL and a XLT low trim level. He also told me he was actually surprised that my truck was even built and delivered. It's not good. I really feel for everyone out there that has a truck on order. All I can say is that if and when you finally get your new F150 your going too absolutely love it!

almdoyle10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150
Just went and purchased an F150 that was still in transit, from Jeff Belzers in New Prague, MN. According to the salesman this dealership as well as Apple Autos in Apple Valley, MN are the two largest volume dealers in the state. They both have just a couple of F150s in their lot, its crazy.

Steve2352

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 and 2019 Infiniti QX50
Occupation
Retired Business Executive
PXL_20210527_152044086.jpg

Luther Ford in Fargo currently has six F-150s.

SIX.

When I picked mine up at the end of March they had over sixty on the lot, and over eighty listed on their website.

As I am sitting here typing this someone just took one of the F-150s for a test drive, and someone else just took one of the last two remaining Rangers they had.

This is getting ugly, even in a small city in the middle of nowhere.

I'm just curious how everyone else's dealers are looking. I know it's bad, but is it getting this bad everywhere? How do they compare?
I drove by my small town dealership where I bought my 2010 Lariat new and where I ordered the 2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost in Feb that I am waiting for. They had 2 2021s. One was a Lariat in Rapid Red which is the color I ordered. So took a quick look since I have not seen a rapid red Lariat in person before. The other truck went put for a test drive while I was there

Sponsored

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
I picked up my Lariat 501A yesterday. Ordered it on 4-7...delivered on 6-8. So it only took 8 weeks from order to delivery. Don't know how that happened....I was expecting a wait of about 4 months.

When I went by the dealership two months ago looking...they probably had 25 new F150s...but really didn't have the truck I wanted so I ended up ordering. They have approx 12 now. This dealer is 1.5 hours away. Although I have dealers as close as 12 miles away...this dealership had the lowest advertised prices of anyone around when I was shopping two months ago. I didn't mind to drive 1.5 hours to save a few thousand $ . Of course they too are pricing at MSRP now. But I did get my truck for the quoted price when I ordered, which was about 8% off MSRP. I'm used to getting 24.5% off my last two XLTs, but I also know that Lariats are not discounted near as much as XLTs to begin with. I have sold my 2020 XLT for $1300 more than I paid for it and it has 26K miles. So I feel like I came out OK. This is my 3rd F150 in two years...as I get paid mileage for taking my vehicle for work (long distances)...but I think I may keep this one for a while.

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
I drove by my small town dealership where I bought my 2010 Lariat new and where I ordered the 2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost in Feb that I am waiting for. They had 2 2021s. One was a Lariat in Rapid Red which is the color I ordered. So took a quick look since I have not seen a rapid red Lariat in person before. The other truck went put for a test drive while I was there
You didn’t press them for that truck?

Niterider

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
factory worker
I saw that the dealer that I have my order in at had just received a white, fully loaded Limited Powerboost last Tuesday. That same truck was not there when I drove past on Thursday.

I don't know if it was a customer order or a stock order...but it didn't last long.

That same dealer has ONE 2021 F150 still on the lot. I haven't looked up close but it didn't look like anything above a standard regular cab XLT.

*edit* I just looked up the dealer's inventor and it still shows that Limited truck. After a quick search...it was ordered on March 2nd...the day AFTER my truck was ordered on March 1st.

Grrrrrr.

Last edited:

Steve2352

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 and 2019 Infiniti QX50
Occupation
Retired Business Executive
I really want the powerboost with the 7.4Kw power