Phone won't connect after Android Auto update

Verdenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Explorer, Escape
Occupation
Underwear model
anybody else having Android Auto problems? This is very frustrating...

I've had my 22 powerboost 501a about 6 weeks and ~600 miles. Love the truck, except for the force deleted options.

Everything worked the way it is supposed to and every time I entered the truck, my Samsung phone automatically connected wirelessly via Android Auto. This was great.

I recently received an OTA update related to Android Auto. Now my phone will not connect via Android Auto, neither wired nor wireless. The phone tries to connect but endlessly searches for Android Auto until I manually force stop it. It sometimes, though not always, will connect if I open Maps, but the connection is lost when screen turns off or phone folded shut (Galaxy Flip 4).

If I try to use nav on my phone I will get directions but no audio from the truck nor the phone.

I also cannot make outgoing calls properly. The calls are made, but no audio and other party cannot hear me. Works fine for incoming calls. Neither are going through Android Auto, just the regular Bluetooth connection. Calls were previously going through Android Auto.

Ideas?
Sponsored

DcnPat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
IT
Have you tried deleting the bluetooth pairing on the phone and the truck? I've had similar things happen with phone updates and making sure both devices "forget" each other has resolved those issues.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Go to phone settings, apps, and find android auto. In there, click on storage, then click clear cache on the bottom right.

OP
OP

Verdenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Explorer, Escape
Occupation
Underwear model
Spoke too soon. Finally drove the truck again today and it's back to zero connection. Very frustrating.

Other ideas?

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Spoke too soon. Finally drove the truck again today and it's back to zero connection. Very frustrating.

Other ideas?
What got updated? The truck or the phone? The new AA is finally in the play store for update. My S10 goes between the F150 and the MME sometimes several times a day, everything fully updated and it's without issue. I updated the vehicles before the new AA was officially released, things got wonky for a few days, but the new AA (via phone / playstore) connects and works as expected.

OP
OP

Verdenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Explorer, Escape
Occupation
Underwear model
The truck got the update.

After seeing your post went into play store and noticed the was indeed an update for AA. Installed the AA update. Removed and re-paired the phone with the truck. Seems to work again. I'll give it another test or two later to make sure. Thx for the heads up on the AA update.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
anybody else having Android Auto problems? This is very frustrating...

I've had my 22 powerboost 501a about 6 weeks and ~600 miles. Love the truck, except for the force deleted options.

Everything worked the way it is supposed to and every time I entered the truck, my Samsung phone automatically connected wirelessly via Android Auto. This was great.

I recently received an OTA update related to Android Auto. Now my phone will not connect via Android Auto, neither wired nor wireless. The phone tries to connect but endlessly searches for Android Auto until I manually force stop it. It sometimes, though not always, will connect if I open Maps, but the connection is lost when screen turns off or phone folded shut (Galaxy Flip 4).

If I try to use nav on my phone I will get directions but no audio from the truck nor the phone.

I also cannot make outgoing calls properly. The calls are made, but no audio and other party cannot hear me. Works fine for incoming calls. Neither are going through Android Auto, just the regular Bluetooth connection. Calls were previously going through Android Auto.

Ideas?
Ive had Fordpass with Android since 2019 with zero issues. Not a sibgke problem. Until yesterday.

I cannot connect to the truck. Get a opps we lost you please check internet messsge.

I can still log into account, but truck does not show up.

Tried to restart phone, reinstalled app, connected phone to truck, repaired bluetooth.

Nothing worked. Not sure of next step.

OP
OP

Verdenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Explorer, Escape
Occupation
Underwear model
Back to not connecting. Seems truck and phone will stay together for 2 connections only. But even when connected truck screen does not show location on map like it used to.

OP
OP

Verdenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Explorer, Escape
Occupation
Underwear model
Update: everything seems to be back to normal. My phone received an update from Samsung and now for the last last few days the phone and truck have been playing nice together again and connect/disconnect flawlessly.
Sponsored