Pet Hair - Underside of Rear Seats

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.
For the pet owners out there. The underside of the supercrew rear seats have a felt like material that does a fantastic job of collecting dog hair. Anyone else find this to be an issue and have you figured out any way to mitigate this? I understand that wrapping the entire seat in a cover would probably do the trick but it is just the underside I am having the problem with. Thanks!
Sponsored

lynskynbnd

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offcambercrawlers.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150, 1987 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Auto Tech
Latex gloves grab and remove pet hair woven into fabric

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
Going to have to try the glove thing, I find the entire truck does a fantastic job of acquiring pet hair!

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I hope that Builtright makes a molle plate that attaches to the bottom of the back seats. They have a nice one for the back of the front seat but having one for the bottom of the back seat would be better IMHO. It could also double as a cover to prevent dogs from rubbing up against it. :)

OP
OP
RocketFistMooga

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.
I hope that Builtright makes a molle plate that attaches to the bottom of the back seats. They have a nice one for the back of the front seat but having one for the bottom of the back seat would be better IMHO. It could also double as a cover to prevent dogs from rubbing up against it. :)
That is exactly what I am looking for. Something like this but it covers the entire underside. https://builtrightind.com/products/builtright-industries-velcro-tech-panel-3pc-kit.

Sponsored

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
I’ve been using a Dyson stick vacuum to clean the pet hair off. I’m also thinking of using my ford points to get that pet cover/hammock to keep the fur more contained.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My German Shepard makes my truck an absolute mess. I have to vacuum once a week. I use a pet hair brush sometimes but my vacuum does a good job without it for the most part.

shall

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB Lariat 502a
Following - I find hair everywhere from my Norwegian Elkhound.

No solution to mitigate but I’ve found this tool the be extremely useful for general cleaning.

Fur-Zoff Pet Hair Remover (00003) https://a.co/d/iQLi9jX

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB 701A MT FX4
Occupation
VP of IT

Mauimaikai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 2.7 F-150 XLT 302a 4x4 SuperCrew
I just have one of those universal seat covers over ours and it has made a huge difference as far as how much hair actually gets under there now. Amazon.com: Active Pets Back Seat Cover for Dogs - Standard Dog Hammock for Car w/ Mesh Window - Non-Slip, Waterproof Back Seat Protector for Travel - Black : Pet Supplies. The nice thing is since its waterproof and cleans so easily it doesn't matter if my doggo and kiddos jump right in after swimming
In-between the front seats and between the front door pillars is another story but the local car wash vacs seem to be doing just fine

Sponsored

MNSportsman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
After fighting the same battle with my 2016, I decided to invest in the below when I picked up my 2022. I should have purchased it 6 years ago, works great and contains all the hair. Easily vaccums out and is quick to take in & out.

https://a.co/d/dE1xOeM

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Golden retriever owner here. I've found that the Lilly brushes work great for getting hair off of carpet or the underside of the seats. They're inexpensive too, compared to other options.

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
For cheep removal get a roll of quality duct tape and roll some on your hand adhesive side out..Works especially well in odd cracks and corners.

Jersey devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
https://www.autogeek.net/pet-hair-removal-stone.html

I've used this for years on all my cars carpets and cloth seats and works amazing. While it doesn't pick up the hair it's more of a brush that you use to collect it in one area to vacuum up. I also use it in the house on my sofas and cloth chairs/ ottomans. Pretty much any pumice stone will work. Just be careful around plastics and trim pieces
Sponsored