Sponsored

MAhauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Been looking at the pics for the last 24 hours and the interior has grown on me even more. One of my favorite upgrades is the temperature reading integrated into the HVAC knobs. And can't wait to see what the folding shifter is all about. :unsure:
Sponsored

MAhauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Dedicated heated steering wheel button is appreciated. Does that look like an electronic shifter to anyone? Something about it makes me think it is.
You mean the kind that you just push up or down for gear shifts but the shifter position doesn't move up and down depending on what gear you're in? Makes it easy to bump and accidentally change gears no?

Auto Paint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 King Ranch 5* Tuned, 2019 Expedition Platinum 5* Tuned, 2019 F250 King Ranch
I'm unimpressed. While it looks better than the current-gen Lariat, it still looks like an interior from 2017.

It's a shame Dodge's aren't known for reliability because they have the best interior and sound systems of all the 1/2 ton trucks.

That makes me think of something else I hope Ford addresses, and that is the high dollar option low-quality premium sound in the current-gen pickups.

Ford has some of the worst premium sound systems in the business, and they have since the 1990s. If I'm buying another truck with a $70K+ MSRP, it's going to have a quality stereo. It's too much of PITA nowadays to rip out the factory equipment and put something else in its place.

FML

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MKZ Navigator
Occupation
Retired
Enjoy the sneak peek at 2021 Lariat interior - digital gauges, 2 tone leather, huge screen, stow away shifter, new shift knob, new steering wheel.

2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 3.jpg
2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 5.jpg
2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 2.jpg
2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 4.jpg
2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 6.jpg

2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 1.jpg

Much better looking than the current Lariat interior.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 8.52.33 AM.png
The touch screen looks like it will have more screen area than the Ram since screen size is measured diagonally & the aspect ratio will determine the actual amount of screen area. From the photos it looks like the Ram screen is narrower than the F150 hence even if the diagonal measurement is less the F150 will have more screen area.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I'm unimpressed. While it looks better than the current-gen Lariat, it still looks like an interior from 2017.

It's a shame Dodge's aren't known for reliability because they have the best interior and sound systems of all the 1/2 ton trucks.

That makes me think of something else I hope Ford addresses, and that is the high dollar option low-quality premium sound in the current-gen pickups.

Ford has some of the worst premium sound systems in the business, and they have since the 1990s. If I'm buying another truck with a $70K+ MSRP, it's going to have a quality stereo. It's too much of PITA nowadays to rip out the factory equipment and put something else in its place.
Regardless of the make of truck or it’s trim level, all factory sound systems leave a lot to be desired because even the most basic aftermarket system will blow any factory system out of the water.

Yes, it’s a PITA to change or upgrade the sound system in modern vehicles because most consumers are used to the old ways of doing such an upgrade. Those days are over.

If you don’t know what you’re doing, leave it up to the pros at a competent car audio shop.

Sponsored

Wyatt

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger
Occupation
Energy Sector
I just asked this in another thread... maybe I missed it, but I don't see any knobs/buttons for trailer backup assist and trailer brake controller. Could they possibly be activated only via the display screen?

MY93SHO

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat, 2012 GoldWing, 1997 Honda Valkyrie Tourer
I just asked this in another thread... maybe I missed it, but I don't see any knobs/buttons for trailer backup assist and trailer brake controller. Could they possibly be activated only via the display screen?
The Trailer Assist knob is up and to the right of the starter button.

Brake controller is to the left of the volume knob.

Sponsored

Auto Paint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 King Ranch 5* Tuned, 2019 Expedition Platinum 5* Tuned, 2019 F250 King Ranch
Regardless of the make of truck or it’s trim level, all factory sound systems leave a lot to be desired because even the most basic aftermarket system will blow any factory system out of the water.

Yes, it’s a PITA to change or upgrade the sound system in modern vehicles because most consumers are used to the old ways of doing such an upgrade. Those days are over.

If you don’t know what you’re doing, leave it up to the pros at a competent car audio shop.
My wife's XC-60 B&W blows this pile of shit system out of the water and it only stickers for $66K.

The system in the F250 is the worst of all three vehicles and the Expedition is the better of the three but nothing to brag about.

Peter P

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT
So this is the top of the line rumored 12 inch screen right?

Much better sideways orientation than vertical and thin like the Ram 12" display. More natural to read and use when the screen is horizontal.

Ford F-150 Peek at the New 2021 F150 Lariat interior (digital gauges, 2 tone leather, huge screen, new shifter with stow option) {filename}

Ford F-150 Peek at the New 2021 F150 Lariat interior (digital gauges, 2 tone leather, huge screen, new shifter with stow option) {filename}

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I have a preference for landscape mode over portrait mode in a vehicle any day of the week.

In my opinion, it just looks more natural and the portrait configuration in the RAM looks too busy and cluttered.

DriveNow

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 XLT
Occupation
Sales
A bit of an update from 2017. I like the look and am planning on upgrading once launched.
Sponsored