Sponsored

BOB L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Mustang GT, 2015 Wrangler
So I like the folding shifter idea. Leaves a flatter middle console area to place things. So there must be some other way to shift when it's folded down. Anyone spot anything in the images (or have any ideas) where you'll be able to shift when the shift knob is folded down?
Sponsored

nwbytom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 King Ranch, 2012 Ford Focus Titanium
I'm unimpressed. While it looks better than the current-gen Lariat, it still looks like an interior from 2017.

It's a shame Dodge's aren't known for reliability because they have the best interior and sound systems of all the 1/2 ton trucks.

That makes me think of something else I hope Ford addresses, and that is the high dollar option low-quality premium sound in the current-gen pickups.

Ford has some of the worst premium sound systems in the business, and they have since the 1990s. If I'm buying another truck with a $70K+ MSRP, it's going to have a quality stereo. It's too much of PITA nowadays to rip out the factory equipment and put something else in its place.
Is the B&O sound system no good? I heard it in a Raptor and thought it was pretty solid.

I am happy with the updates. The edge Ford has over the competitors is their styling. Clean lines, good proportions and overall aesthetic. After recently truck shopping with a buddy who ended up with an AT4, I thought Dodges interior was underwhelming because of the styling. Yes a big screen is nice but only has so much functionality. I like the storage solutions of the Dodge but at the end of the day, the cheap feel of some of their materials and ugly Dodge styling, I think the new F150 has them beat. My buddy went with the AT4 regardless of its crazy lacking infotainment screen and gauge cluster because the rest of the truck was quality...and he didnt want to pay for a raptor...

Degrominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 King Ranch
I have a preference for landscape mode over portrait mode in a vehicle any day of the week.

In my opinion, it just looks more natural and the portrait configuration in the RAM looks too busy and cluttered.
Couldn't agree more. Portrait screen looks like it cuts the whole dash in half. Plus, reading a portrait screen takes your eyes off the road more than landscape since your eyes have to travel so far down.

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I'm sorry, but what's with the stupid plastic trim piece running horizontally just below the center screen? Why in the hell would anyone think that looks good in an updated interior? I might give it a pass if it were a reinforced "Oh Shit" handle, but come on, just another huge plastic trim piece? If this "feature" makes it into the '21 Raptor, I may have to get a '20 ordered before the May cutoff date.

Ford F-150 Peek at the New 2021 F150 Lariat interior (digital gauges, 2 tone leather, huge screen, new shifter with stow option) 2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 3[1]

MY93SHO

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat, 2012 GoldWing, 1997 Honda Valkyrie Tourer
I'm sorry, but what's with the stupid plastic trim piece running horizontally just below the center screen? Why in the hell would anyone think that looks good in an updated interior? I might give it a pass if it were a reinforced "Oh Shit" handle, but come on, just another huge plastic trim piece? If this "feature" makes it into the '21 Raptor, I may have to get a '20 ordered before the May cutoff date.

2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 3[1].jpg
A: WTF good would an "oh shit" handle do way over there?

B: This is your big deal breaker?? GM has been giving the public the ugliest, half assed glove box cover for years!! That piece of trim is nothing.

One percenter, first world problems.

Ford F-150 Peek at the New 2021 F150 Lariat interior (digital gauges, 2 tone leather, huge screen, new shifter with stow option) dims

Sponsored

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
One percenter, first world problems.
Absolutely true my friend. Though I would hazard to guess that anyone owning, or contemplating owning, a Raptor, isn't dealing with 2nd/3rd world problems on a daily basis.
I am just amazed that anyone would think that the addition of a plastic dust catcher rail in the center of the dash would be a good styling choice given Ford's (in my opinion) excellent track record over the past few generations of truck.
And, while of zero use to the driver, an "Oh Shit" handle in the center of the dash would be every bit as useful to the passenger as the one we get high up on the A-pillar these days, though not as useful as say, one solidly mounted right in front of that passenger.

Peter P

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT
Absolutely true my friend. Though I would hazard to guess that anyone owning, or contemplating owning, a Raptor, isn't dealing with 2nd/3rd world problems on a daily basis.
I am just amazed that anyone would think that the addition of a plastic dust catcher rail in the center of the dash would be a good styling choice given Ford's (in my opinion) excellent track record over the past few generations of truck.
And, while of zero use to the driver, an "Oh Shit" handle in the center of the dash would be every bit as useful to the passenger as the one we get high up on the A-pillar these days, though not as useful as say, one solidly mounted right in front of that passenger.
An oh shit bar there would stick out way too much and look even worse I think. I think that silver trim piece will look better and more integrated once we see a zoomed out photo of the whole front dash. It'll probably run all the way to the passenger door and tie in the whole front dash design.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150

2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 3[1].jpg
I really don’t see Ford bringing out the new Raptor at the same time as the new F150.

Unless Ford changes what they usually do, I think the new Raptor will debut in the 2022 model year.

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I really don’t see Ford bringing out the new Raptor at the same time as the new F150.

Unless Ford changes what they usually do, I think the new Raptor will debut in the 2022 model year.
I've read articles (all speculation at this point of course) that seem to indicate that the Raptor refresh will happen in parallel with the standard F-150 refresh this year, and other articles that indicate the Raptor refresh will be next year. Who knows what to expect.

The last Raptor refresh took 2 years, in that the 17' Raptor was the re-introduction year, featuring the aluminum body panels, while '15 was the standard F-150 refresh that incorporated the aluminum body panels.

Can't see why there would be a timing disconnect this time around personally, but I guess we'll know for sure in the next few weeks/months.

Mando

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Sponsored

Cultran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
Supposedly the shifter when folded down will have a sliding cover that goes over it to create a flat working / storage area.

Still wondering what the alternative shifting method there’ll be when the middle console shifter is folded...

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Supposedly the shifter when folded down will have a sliding cover that goes over it to create a flat working / storage area.

Still wondering what the alternative shifting method there’ll be when the middle console shifter is folded...
There isn’t. It only folds down in park.
Sponsored