Sequoia Sam

Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Enjoy the sneak peek at 2021 Lariat interior - digital gauges, 2 tone leather, huge screen, stow away shifter, new shift knob, new steering wheel.

2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 3.jpg
2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 5.jpg
2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 2.jpg
2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 4.jpg
2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 6.jpg

2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 1.jpg

Much better looking than the current Lariat interior.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 8.52.33 AM.png

Last edited:

BOB L

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Mustang GT, 2015 Wrangler
Nice shots! Liked. Can't wait to upgrade to that big screen.

And big fan of how the whole dash is more upright compared to current interior.

Fiver-O

Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
What's the shifter stow button function for? The spin knobs are gonna feel much better in hand with those new knurls. (proper term?)

Opsman

Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger
Nicely done. Just the right amount of modern and new without losing its functionality and ruggedness. The large screen is nicely integrated as well.

Peter P

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT
What's the shifter stow button function for? The spin knobs are gonna feel much better in hand with those new knurls. (proper term?)
Folds down the whole shifter to get it out of the way... for more space and flatter area between the front seats.

This interior is a very nice upgrade to the 13th gen interior. More differences here than on the exterior so far.

GABAR

First Name
P
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Disappointing that this appears to be Sync 3 and not Sync 4
No need to be disappointed.
Remember, these are just spy shots.....nothing more and nothing less.
The new F150 will have SYNC 4.

TheOne

First Name
Doc
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost convertible 50 Year Appereance Package
Occupation
Work
Love the new interior looks modern

2017XltFx4

First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 F-150, 10 F-150, 20 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tow Truck Opp
With the shifter being mounted on a rocker like that I think it's going to be a shifter similar to a Jeep Grand Cherokee electronic shift with an actual shifter 😍 happy they are keeping the shifter tho either way! can't rest your hand on a dial 😒

Last edited:

Cultran

Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
Dedicated heated steering wheel button is appreciated. Does that look like an electronic shifter to anyone? Something about it makes me think it is.

star reno

Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat
Maybe it's just the pictures but the leather, plastic and knobs look like they are higher quality. The 2 tone is nice, wonder what color combinations will be available...

TXhauler

Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Been looking at the pics for the last 24 hours and the interior has grown on me even more. One of my favorite upgrades is the temperature reading integrated into the HVAC knobs. And can't wait to see what the folding shifter is all about. :unsure:

TXhauler

Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Dedicated heated steering wheel button is appreciated. Does that look like an electronic shifter to anyone? Something about it makes me think it is.
You mean the kind that you just push up or down for gear shifts but the shifter position doesn't move up and down depending on what gear you're in? Makes it easy to bump and accidentally change gears no?

Auto Paint

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 King Ranch 5* Tuned, 2019 Expedition Platinum 5* Tuned, 2019 F250 King Ranch
I'm unimpressed. While it looks better than the current-gen Lariat, it still looks like an interior from 2017.

It's a shame Dodge's aren't known for reliability because they have the best interior and sound systems of all the 1/2 ton trucks.

That makes me think of something else I hope Ford addresses, and that is the high dollar option low-quality premium sound in the current-gen pickups.

Ford has some of the worst premium sound systems in the business, and they have since the 1990s. If I'm buying another truck with a $70K+ MSRP, it's going to have a quality stereo. It's too much of PITA nowadays to rip out the factory equipment and put something else in its place.

FML

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicles
MKZ Navigator
Occupation
Retired
Enjoy the sneak peek at 2021 Lariat interior - digital gauges, 2 tone leather, huge screen, stow away shifter, new shift knob, new steering wheel.

2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 3.jpg
2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 5.jpg
2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 2.jpg
2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 4.jpg
2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 6.jpg

2021 F-150 Lariat Interior Spied 1.jpg

Much better looking than the current Lariat interior.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 8.52.33 AM.png
The touch screen looks like it will have more screen area than the Ram since screen size is measured diagonally & the aspect ratio will determine the actual amount of screen area. From the photos it looks like the Ram screen is narrower than the F150 hence even if the diagonal measurement is less the F150 will have more screen area.

GABAR

First Name
P
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I'm unimpressed. While it looks better than the current-gen Lariat, it still looks like an interior from 2017.

It's a shame Dodge's aren't known for reliability because they have the best interior and sound systems of all the 1/2 ton trucks.

That makes me think of something else I hope Ford addresses, and that is the high dollar option low-quality premium sound in the current-gen pickups.

Ford has some of the worst premium sound systems in the business, and they have since the 1990s. If I'm buying another truck with a $70K+ MSRP, it's going to have a quality stereo. It's too much of PITA nowadays to rip out the factory equipment and put something else in its place.
Regardless of the make of truck or it’s trim level, all factory sound systems leave a lot to be desired because even the most basic aftermarket system will blow any factory system out of the water.

Yes, it’s a PITA to change or upgrade the sound system in modern vehicles because most consumers are used to the old ways of doing such an upgrade. Those days are over.

If you don’t know what you’re doing, leave it up to the pros at a competent car audio shop.

Advertisement

Advertisement