Sponsored

Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible)

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I think our 2022 sounders are a bit quieter than the 2021s, judging by this forum. Try listening while driving through a parking garage with your windows down and stereo off. It is faint but audible. I don't find it offensive though...kind of a cool reminder of the new tech.

I'd be interested in keeping the sounder if it just made the regular soft whirring noise in drive AND reverse rather than eliminating it completely. The backup "bong" is pretty lame, but I respect the purpose it serves.

Anybody think there's an easy way to have the sounder just make the same noise for drive and reverse rather than eliminate it completely?
I have tried. Window is down, and radio is off. If I can't hear it, I doubt any pedistrations can hear it. It is all fine by me.
Sponsored

Yawyeet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 GMC Sierra 1500->2022 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Systems Integrator
I have tried. Window is down, and radio is off. If I can't hear it, I doubt any pedistrations can hear it. It is all fine by me.
I have a 22 Powerboost Lariat and can hear both functions of the speaker quite well. I get made fun of at work for the backup beeper, my coworkers can hear it from inside our office.

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
I have a 22 Powerboost Lariat and can hear both functions of the speaker quite well. I get made fun of at work for the backup beeper, my coworkers can hear it from inside our office.
Neighbor poked fun at the beep the other day and I asked him how he liked his crappy gas mileage on his truck.

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
I actually don't mind the reverse beep, but that's probably because I'm a weekend tractor guy who grew up playing with Tonka heavy equipment toys. 😁

So you don't hear that other fake noise?
Now the ONLY thing I hear is the electric brake booster when I apply the brakes. When I let off the brakes it's pure silence in forward gears.

You might be fortunate that yours isn't wheezing. :)

That video on YouTube definitely shows the forward noise and reverse noise that both of my Powerboost made.
I am OK with the sounds most of the time. I just wish I could turn them off when in a campsite area when we are RVing.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
So turning it off using FORSCAN isn't possible by changing the IPC 720-09-02 x*xx xx-- to "0" from whatever it is currently (mine says "4")?

Sponsored

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
So turning it off using FORSCAN isn't possible by changing the IPC 720-09-02 x*xx xx-- to "0" from whatever it is currently (mine says "4")?
My understanding is that changing the code will disable any alarms/codes from popping up if you physically disconnect the speaker. The speaker will still activate unless it's disconnected. I haven't done it myself, but that's what I gathered from others chiming in before.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
My understanding is that changing the code will disable any alarms/codes from popping up if you physically disconnect the speaker. The speaker will still activate unless it's disconnected. I haven't done it myself, but that's what I gathered from others chiming in before.
Yeah..there has to be more to this.

Mike

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I am OK with the sounds most of the time. I just wish I could turn them off when in a campsite area when we are RVing.
Keep an eye out for our switchable product coming at the end of this month!! That'll be just for you, and many others that have been requesting it. Its a game changer for sure. Still waiting on some materials to show up so I can get stocked up for the huge wave of expected orders. Lead times will probably be in the 7-14 business day range would be my guess, so when I announce order opening, the sooner you put your order in and its on my list, the sooner you'll get the new kit. I will post here once orders are open.

Thank you again for everyone's patience, i've went through several iterations of the switchable bypass and I think this one will really impress.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Keep an eye out for our switchable product coming at the end of this month!! That'll be just for you, and many others that have been requesting it. Its a game changer for sure. Still waiting on some materials to show up so I can get stocked up for the huge wave of expected orders. Lead times will probably be in the 7-14 business day range would be my guess, so when I announce order opening, the sooner you put your order in and its on my list, the sooner you'll get the new kit. I will post here once orders are open.

Thank you again for everyone's patience, i've went through several iterations of the switchable bypass and I think this one will really impress.
Can't wait to see it! Post it in this thread when you are ready to go. Also start a new thread too!

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

@WillB17, I've got a PB on order and am located in MI. Looking forward to the gen3 delete.

Sponsored

GripworksCo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Hybrid Super Crew 6.5 FX4
Occupation
Film Video Production
I wish I could open ordering today but I need to iron out a few more things before I am ready to accept orders. Monday should be the day!
I'll be watching...

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer

Thanks! You have an outstanding product. I have Gen 1.

I love that you are doing upgraded product designs!

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
If you would simply like to quiet the sound. You might want to try to use this cap or something similar. https://www.printables.com/model/161446-fits-ford-f150-backup-alarm-quieting-cap

I 3D printed the cap and are very pleased with the decibels. I have to roll down the windows and really pay attention to hear the back up noise. It’s very low key. Regarding the UFO noise, I couldn’t here the noise at low speed with the windows down.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
ITS LIVE! Its been so hard to hold this in, but I can finally tell you guys how excited I have been developing this. Switchable is here, and via prototyping I found myself extremely ticked about how hard it is to get wires though the firewall. I have come up with a WIRELESS FOB that will let you turn the speaker on and off! Install takes just a few more minutes than the current full bypass and by default will disable the speaker. When you click the "on" button on the FOB, it will turn the speaker on.

It's taken so long to get the details right and look back at the hundreds of emails and messages from across the internet, along with tons of testing. I think for those that want control of the speaker, this will be a home run!

Get the Premium RC Edition Here

Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) chrome_OL0T9PZ1Q7

Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) ApplicationFrameHost_uHECIIY5HH
Sponsored