Sponsored

Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible)

Steve89

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 hybrid platinum
I just received the device from MegaOhm MotorSports. How hard would it be to rig it up with a toggle switch in the dashboard that switches between having the sounds and not having them?
See
I just received the device from MegaOhm MotorSports. How hard would it be to rig it up with a toggle switch in the dashboard that switches between having the sounds and not having them?
See my other post. Hardest part getting wires through the firewall.

chandler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost FX4
Hey guys! Youtube video from Mitch Cox is up. Detailed review of the extreme conditions version and how to install it! Excellent video to watch.

If you want to order, be sure to head over to megaohmmotorsports.bigcartel.com

Ordered mine last night after watching this video.. can not wait to get this thing installed! Thank you WillB!!

narumysore

First Name
Naren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Civil Engineer
@WillB17 sent me one a month back and I installed it last week. I cannot believe that the truck is so quiet. Well built and very easy to install product.
I am sure I will get used to it but for now I keep double checking if the truck is in reverse without the "bong"!!!

Sponsored

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
WillB17, will this work on a '23? :^)
Yes, this will continue to work for quite some time. Re-evaluation will happen when the 15th gen comes out to see if ford changes parts, but for now this will work on any 14th gen F150 Powerboost.

F1Fiddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21-150
So I got a dash alert saying Pedestrian alert malfunction and to take it to the dealer.
shut the truck off and it did not return. Anyone else have this?
Still loving it, but now if I take it in for service they should see the error

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
So I got a dash alert saying Pedestrian alert malfunction and to take it to the dealer.
Is it still making noise? If not, I'd let a sleeping dog lie.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
did this occur with the bypass kit installed? Send me a PM if that's the case

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi Guys, so I wanted to bring some information to this thread. There now is a sort of workaround in forscan, however you still have to unplug a module. Its unknown though whether or not the dealer will see this in their scan tools though but in forscan the module shows up as ERROR but doesnt throw any codes.

On that note, I will still be providing my kit because the feedback I was seeing about the forscan method was turning a lot of people off because its harder to do than installing my bypass kit. And it also appears a lot of people prefer to just have a plug and play device vs messing around in forscan & unplugging a module that could potentially raise eyebrows at the dealership.

This also leads me to announce a Gen 3 version that will be coming out soon this spring that will have some added features as well and is installed inside the cab! I will make an announcement once prototyping has completed. I think you guys will love this next generation of bypass!! :D

NEW PRODUCT COMING: PACM SPEAKER BYPASS KIT GEN 3

Here is the video of the forscan and module removal tutorial: Bypass Video

EDIT: also, I will be providing a list of OEM parts that I will be using for my Gen 3 bypass kit just like I provided the OEM part numbers for the crimp terminals and connector housing for those that prefer a DIY approach!

Last edited:

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Hi Guys, so I wanted to bring some information to this thread. There now is a sort of workaround in forscan, however you still have to unplug a module. Its unknown though whether or not the dealer will see this in their scan tools though but in forscan the module shows up as ERROR but doesnt throw any codes.

On that note, I will still be providing my kit because the feedback I was seeing about the forscan method was turning a lot of people off because its harder to do than installing my bypass kit. And it also appears a lot of people prefer to just have a plug and play device vs messing around in forscan & unplugging module that could still raise eyebrows at the dealership.

This also leads me to announce a Gen 3 version that will be coming out soon this spring that will have some added features as well and is installed inside the cab! I will make an announcement once prototyping has completed. I think you guys will love this next generation of bypass!! :D

EDIT: also, I will be providing a list of OEM parts that I will be using for my Gen 3 bypass kit just like I provided the OEM part numbers for the crimp terminals and connector housing for those that prefer a DIY approach!
I've avoided Forscan so far, so appreciate your dedication to the physical bypass device.

chandler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost FX4

On that note, I will still be providing my kit because the feedback I was seeing about the forscan method was turning a lot of people off because its harder to do than installing my bypass kit. And it also appears a lot of people prefer to just have a plug and play device vs messing around in forscan & unplugging a module that could potentially raise eyebrows at the dealership.

Oh man sounds amazing! Just ordered mine and it should be here later this week.. are you able to say what the added features will be? Wondering if I should have waited

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh man sounds amazing! Just ordered mine and it should be here later this week.. are you able to say what the added features will be? Wondering if I should have waited
I wish I could say exactly what the Gen 3 version entails but wish to keep it quiet for now. Gen 3 will basically have some added features that are "nice to have" but not a necessity to make the truck quiet. Currently as it stands, the gen 2 which is what I offer right now will still be the fastest to install and cheapest product I will offer, and I will offer both Gen 2 and Gen 3 at the same time going forward once launched.

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I wish I could say exactly what the Gen 3 version entails but wish to keep it quiet for now. Gen 3 will basically have some added features that are "nice to have" but not a necessity to make the truck quiet. Currently as it stands, the gen 2 which is what I offer right now will still be the fastest to install and cheapest product I will offer, and I will offer both Gen 2 and Gen 3 at the same time going forward once launched.
I’m guessing the new kit will do what another member in the forum did, Add a switch in the cabin to turn on/off the sound
Sponsored