Sponsored

Pedestrian Alert System - Anyone else annoyed by it?

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
In all the driving I've done around pedestrians, I've had maybe 1-2 people look at my truck while the sound was active. A couple coworkers asked about the reverse tone, but no one cares about the sound, myself included.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
In all the driving I've done around pedestrians, I've had maybe 1-2 people look at my truck while the sound was active. A couple coworkers asked about the reverse tone, but no one cares about the sound, myself included.
How many of them were blind?

Darkjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, CR-V
Occupation
God of Tech
Can we all agree that at least it's not howling angels like toyota is using.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Can we all agree that at least it's not howling angels like toyota is using.
There was a hybrid RAV4 at the grocery store a few weeks ago. As soon as it turned on there was a loud sound coming from it, even when parked, and it continued as they backed up and drove away.

Sponsored

Shooter56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Lawyer
The sound doesn’t bother me at all. My neighbors laugh and say they don’t hear me coming, but they sure can see me. My color is velocity blue, of course.

PeteRit

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat PB
Occupation
Retired
I couldnt stand the sound and backing up in my neighborhood which is fairly close quartered military housing was nothing but embarrassing. I used the white cap from the "tailgate delete kit" which happens to be the same connector as the speaker and used two 2.5mm pins and about 6" of wire soldered to a 25w 4ohm resistor then heat shrink and taped it up good and plugged it into the harness after unplugging the speaker. Works perfectly, no warning on the dash or codes thrown and it's nice and quiet now. Compared to my neighbors Tesla and Toyota ev my truck is still louder then theirs because of the I'm assuming ac pump and coolant pumps running.
Ford F-150 Pedestrian Alert System - Anyone else annoyed by it? 4F6BA550-821D-476C-B148-2E6BB75D9BC2

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I'll just remember that since I don't have a hybrid, that I can kill the engine while rolling in neutral and run over anyone I want, lol. Anyway, is it annoying, yes.

If every hybrid or electric vehicle needs buzzers and piezos sounding off to warn pedestrians, then pedestrians shouldn't be allowed to have in ear buds, be talking on the phone, wearing ear muffs, or whistling while they walk.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
It's just tied to reverse not to electric /ice. Except for the first time I back up in the morning, it's in electric anyway. We don't need any more computer functions on this thing than there are.... At least in my opinion.
I agree about not needing another computer controlled item. However, why not put the horn/speaker at the rear of the truck. Pedestrians at the rear will hear it better, and drivers will hear it less loud.

Galavanta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I couldnt stand the sound and backing up in my neighborhood which is fairly close quartered military housing was nothing but embarrassing. I used the white cap from the "tailgate delete kit" which happens to be the same connector as the speaker and used two 2.5mm pins and about 6" of wire soldered to a 25w 4ohm resistor then heat shrink and taped it up good and plugged it into the harness after unplugging the speaker. Works perfectly, no warning on the dash or codes thrown and it's nice and quiet now. Compared to my neighbors Tesla and Toyota ev my truck is still louder then theirs because of the I'm assuming ac pump and coolant pumps running.
4F6BA550-821D-476C-B148-2E6BB75D9BC2.jpeg
Brilliant ??

Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
4F6BA550-821D-476C-B148-2E6BB75D9BC2.jpeg
This is awesome, some others had been talking about making something like this, glad to see someone figured it out and it works. Do you have links to the connector your referring to? Any details on where you hooked the resistor up to? I haven’t even looked at the harness to see how many wires are in it yet.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
It's wild how much little stuff like that bothers people to point of modifying the vehicle to get rid of it. I sure know I wouldn't want to have an incident with a pedestrian and when they investigate ask who modified the system that warns pedestrians a 2.5 ton vehicle is coming, especially blind pedestrians.

The tone isn't going to wake any neighbors, no more than a Mustang or even 5.0 F-150 would.

The only change I would be happy to see is if the tone auto disabled when the gas engine was running. Seems a simple thing.

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Having worked in a city (10 year) which had a high percentage of pedestrian vs auto. This what I can tell you 90% of the time it was the pedestrian not paying attention . That was long ago way before ear pod etc etc . I been in that business for over thirty years. The percentage holds true today anecdotal ok look it up . Here is some light reading 1 #2. 2018 heavy stats
AGREE! 100% of the time. I have seen many, many times where if I was not watching for the careless people doing the most stupid things near a road, I could have run over at least 50 of them in the last 5 years of driving. And the driver get the shaft every time.
Sponsored