Sponsored

Pedestrian Alert System - Anyone else annoyed by it?

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning. 2009 Escape Hybrid.
Personally I found it VERY annoying, both the embarrassing backup bong and the slow speed tone that's so loud pedestrians look around to see what’s making that strange sound!!, so I 3D printed a “dish” 83mm across and 5 mm deep, I then filled the entire thing with silicone and pushed it on the speaker, I have had it there for about 2000 kilometres of nice quiet driving, no error codes and no problems.
would like to see a pic of your mod. Personally, doesn't bother me. But would be fun if it could be programmed to say something funny, instead. "DANGER, WILL ROBINSON, DANGER". Or the ice cream truck sounds would be fun, as someone else mentioned. Or maybe opera - that would keep people away!
Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I wouldn’t pay 50 dollars for a resistor plug that costs 2 dollars to make, especially when the FORScan obd2 costs the exact same.

Plus, with FORScan, you will be able to resolve many other annoyances that exist within the truck.

MitchCox

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
I bought Wills mod, this video will show you and let you listen to the before and after results from this mod. So easy to install and now my powerboost is as quiet as it should be. I love it and recommend it to anyone annoyed by the fake electric "engine" sound.

Suns_PSD

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4x4 Limited
Occupation
Sales
Could someone point me to the location of the speaker?

The relay is a total solution but I'd be comfortable with just cutting the volume in half with a piece of tape over the speaker. It's also free.

Please advise.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Could someone point me to the location of the speaker?

The relay is a total solution but I'd be comfortable with just cutting the volume in half with a piece of tape over the speaker. It's also free.

Please advise.
The video in the post right above yours covers the speaker and its location. It is about half way through the vid.

Sponsored

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
It's by the air dam on the drivers side small round
I plastic jar lid and some caulking does a lot.
but the plug works great been on my truck for a year now.
Ford F-150 Pedestrian Alert System - Anyone else annoyed by it? IMG_0906.JPG

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Mine never bothered me sitting in the truck but apparently it was always noticed by my neighbors as they told me they can't tell when I leave the house anymore since I swapped brands.

Randomseed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 King Ranch Powerboost (on order)
I wouldn’t pay 50 dollars for a resistor plug that costs 2 dollars to make, especially when the FORScan obd2 costs the exact same.

Plus, with FORScan, you will be able to resolve many other annoyances that exist within the truck.
It’s actually about 15$ buying the parts individually. Mostly the resistor.

sempifi99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost FX4
Occupation
IT
Please do not disable this safety system. A silent electric car is 19% more likely to be involved in a pedestrian accident than a gas vehicle. It is 38% more likely to be in a bicycle collision. The NHTSA estimates that the warning noises would prevent 2,800 pedestrian and cyclist injuries during the life of each model year electric and hybrid vehicle.

It's also the law to have these systems now. Your insurance may not cover you if you injure or kill someone after disabling it.
Just wondering where it is a law at? I'm not sure I've ever seen it in my state books. Is it federal?

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Federal motor vehicle safety standard 141

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Just wondering where it is a law at? I'm not sure I've ever seen it in my state books. Is it federal?
There is a law, but it says nothing about making the vehicle sound like a sick dump truck backing up. That's pretty much THE complaint about the dumb thing.

EcoOrBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 PB 4x4 Lariat 502A BAP
As much as I like my pb, the dump truck sound is enough to make me wish I’d just gone with an eb.

I was backing into a parking spot at work the other day (underground garage) and the facilities manager came walking around the corner, presumably to see who was bringing in heavy equipment.

I’m well aware of the sounder delete kit, but for reasons made clear above, I’m not going to risk it.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As much as I like my pb, the dump truck sound is enough to make me wish I’d just gone with an eb.

I was backing into a parking spot at work the other day (underground garage) and the facilities manager came walking around the corner, presumably to see who was bringing in heavy equipment.

I’m well aware of the sounder delete kit, but for reasons made clear above, I’m not going to risk it.
There's a volume mod someone made for where it's a rotary button to hush when needed. Both of my PACMs are unplugged. My office is on a good thoroughfare and I listen to all sorts of vehicles come by. We've got loads of teslas, EV6s, ioniqs, and lightnings. NONE of them sound any different from ICE vehicles coming to a stop in that the road noise is what's audible. I can hear the EV's over most of the idling ICE vehicles though. The law itself DOES NOT require a backup beep. It simply requires a slightly elevated noise pattern. They all make the spaceship sound for the most part because the law requires certain decibel levels at a host of frequencies, aka pink noise.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
What would be nice would be if they would let us add a sound file instead of the beep. If anyone has ever played a game named Dead Red Redemption 2, the main character Aurthor would have the perfect sound to add. He says this when he is running through a crowd.

"OUTTA THE DAMN WAY"

Perfect for backing up. :)

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What would be nice would be if they would let us add a sound file instead of the beep. If anyone has ever played a game named Dead Red Redemption 2, the main character Aurthor would have the perfect sound to add. He says this when he is running through a crowd.

"OUTTA THE DAMN WAY"

Perfect for backing up. :)
Honestly its as simple as increasing whirring volume. That's it. No dumb dump truck beeping needed. It's not a requirement. Apparently on the day it was configured they borrowed someone from the road crew paving the highway out front to select what occurs. Rumor has it he's still laughing to this day.
Sponsored