PCO expiring on March 31

RT21KRH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 2013 Lariat
Occupation
Physicist
Not every dealer will do it the same way, so it really is up to the dealer and, more importantly, the Ford representative for the Region. But, yes, the is the way it can and does work for a lot of members. The dealer locks in the PCO and any current incentives at the time of order. You are guaranteed that price, if locked in. However, if the incentives are better at the time of delivery, the dealer will allow you to take advantage of those incentives. You cannot, mix and match, at the time of purchase you either get (in your case) February incentives or April incentives.

In my case, nothing has changes since January when I ordered. Truck Month did nothing for me.
This is exactly as described to me and I was present when my salesman called Ford to verify. My build week is April 5 but my $2000 Personal Cash (expires March 31) was locked in on the order together with the existing $600 national incentive. When it comes in I will either get that or the 2000 plus any better incentive at that time. I know POC’s can’t be combined I received two. So we will see when it comes in!
Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
what is PCO
Personal Cash Offer. It is a cash incentive program which is administered by an outside company on behalf of Ford. Personal cash offers come to you in a variety of ways, but they can be difficult to find. I have gotten one sent on behalf of a dealer who has my info, I was sent one after signing up for a Ford event, had one pop up as an ad in an automotive article I was reading, got one on a dealer site I was searching, and on Cargurus while looking at trucks. It is completely random when they present themselves, but seem to be tied to search history, sites visited, and of course, any relationship or point of touch with Ford. March 31 dated PCO, for me is worth $2,000.

pjb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford xlt regular cab 5.0
Personal Cash Offer. It is a cash incentive program which is administered by an outside company on behalf of Ford. Personal cash offers come to you in a variety of ways, but they can be difficult to find. I have gotten one sent on behalf of a dealer who has my info, I was sent one after signing up for a Ford event, had one pop up as an ad in an automotive article I was reading, got one on a dealer site I was searching, and on Cargurus while looking at trucks. It is completely random when they present themselves, but seem to be tied to search history, sites visited, and of course, any relationship or point of touch with Ford. March 31 dated PCO, for me is worth $2,000.
THANKS FOR INFO NEVER HEARD ABOUT IT. HOPE YOU GET TO USE THE TWO GRAND

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)
@JoeBlowFord - Thank you! Indeed - it got to Kansas City on the 14th/15th. Now, it just needs a truck ride to Granger. I will ask the generous poster on that board again on Friday, if it has not reached the destination. Hopeful that 2 weeks should be enough even in the more pessimistic case.

I will post here once it is received in Granger.
I have a build date of 3/19, and the tracker is projecting 4/4 delivery. That seems extremely optimistic. I can’t believe it could get there that fast.

Unfortunately, the 4th is still past the PCO expiration date, so I’ll have to rely on the dealer to advocate for me, and luck. Curious what incentives April might bring.

OP
OP

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
I have a build date of 3/19, and the tracker is projecting 4/4 delivery. That seems extremely optimistic. I can’t believe it could get there that fast.

Unfortunately, the 4th is still past the PCO expiration date, so I’ll have to rely on the dealer to advocate for me, and luck. Curious what incentives April might bring.
That’s not impossible. My truck had the build date of March 1. It has a chance of making it to the dealership by March 20th as projected.

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
THANKS FOR INFO NEVER HEARD ABOUT IT. HOPE YOU GET TO USE THE TWO GRAND
Thanks! My dealer has me locked in, so I am not concerned. However, the truck in maybe one or two days out from delivery, so I’ll easily make the cutoff.

Reactions: pjb

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
I also have a PCO expiring March 31st, although mine is only for 1500. My last shipment update was that the train that my truck is on was about 250 miles from my dealership, so I'm hopeful that they don't run into any snags at the off-load. But I am feeling better about the chances of being able to use it now rather than when my expected delivery date was posted as 04/16.

YOCUBED

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GLE 450, 2016 BMW M3, 2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Emergency Physician
My truck has been stuck at the rail yard 20 miles from my dealer since the 15th. Estimated delivery was the 18th then got pushed back to the 29th. Hoping it makes the short drive by next Monday otherwise my PCO will be wasted.

OP
OP

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine has been sitting in Kansas City (manufactured in Dearborn) for 6 days so far.... Hoping it can make it to Granger, Iowa before the 31st.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine has been sitting in Kansas City (manufactured in Dearborn) for 6 days so far.... Hoping it can make it to Granger, Iowa before the 31st.
Mine sat in KC for a little while also, but was delivered to the dealer on Thursday afternoon. Likely they were on the same train, so it shouldn’t be much longer.

Sponsored

OP
OP

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Great news! My truck was delivered to Granger Ford today. The Ford tracker still shows a delivery 4 days out. So, I will be able to complete my purchase before the PCO expires. It is some distance away - and I plan to pickup in mid-April, but it's a huge step forward!

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)
Great news! My truck was delivered to Granger Ford today. The Ford tracker still shows a delivery 4 days out. So, I will be able to complete my purchase before the PCO expires. It is some distance away - and I plan to pickup in mid-April, but it's a huge step forward!
End to end, do you know how long it was from ship to delivery?

OP
OP

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think it shipped on March 8. So, 15 days... I have no complaints. I placed my order on Jan 8th.

I will say that the Ford Order Tracker is an embarrassment. There is no excuse for something this poor in 2021. As a first time customer - I am hoping it is not reflective of the truck quality. Just to be on the safe side, I will buy the Premium Care :)