PB transmission clunk

azDcab21

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PowerBoost/FX4
Anyone have an issue when braking (not sure if its downshifting), there is a noticeable clunk that feels like someone bumped your rear bumper? I have just over 1500 mi on the truck and never had this issue till just recently. Happened 2x this week. It is in normal, 2H drive mode.
Any inputs would be great before I call the dealer.

I posted this in another forum as well just trying to get more info...
Sponsored

shtraver

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 f150 FX4, 2021 f150 lariat sport 5L
I wonder if its the slip yoke bump you are feeling. My 2014 had that issue and I pulled the driveshaft and greased the splines of the slip yoke and it totally went away. Maybe see if your dealer can do that for you?

aaexpert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 platinum
Anyone have an issue when braking (not sure if its downshifting), there is a noticeable clunk that feels like someone bumped your rear bumper? I have just over 1500 mi on the truck and never had this issue till just recently. Happened 2x this week. It is in normal, 2H drive mode.

check what gears... i just got mine and have it happening in 3rd and 8th gears, during decel or light accel.

Pinki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum PB. Taurus SHO
Occupation
Retired

Any Luck on this? Mine does it even in full electric mode.

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
my 5.0 with 10 speed gearbox does it intermittently when going from 7 to 6 or 6 to 5. it f*cking pisses me off a lot. my god damn transmission will go out as soon as the powertrain warranty ends knowing my luck..
Sponsored