guppydriver

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
My 2021 (FX4) and 2022 (Non FX4) Max Tow trucks both came with the Scorpion ATRs. Only difference in tires is that the 2021 had white letters, and the 2022 is an all black sidewall.
I know Max payload package nets you E rated rubber, but the MTP on higher end trims , I don’t think your tires change.
Sponsored

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Good news is Costco will calculate your payload for you. Just enter your build and hit the print icon and it spits out all kinds of numbers. Bad news is I entered Eric's build which his sticker indicates is 1653, costco says it's 1791, so they were 138lbs optimistic. Not a perfect comparison tho as Eric has a 21 and Costco is a 2022.

Edit: Oh, and it shows you invoice price(s) as well.

Last edited:

Roscopcoletrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT...on order
Good news is Costco will calculate your payload for you. Just enter your build and hit the print icon and it spits out all kinds of numbers. Bad news is I entered Eric's build which his sticker indicates is 1653, costco says it's 1791, so they were 138lbs optimistic. Not a perfect comparison tho as Eric has a 21 and Costco is a 2022.

Edit: Oh, and it shows you invoice price(s) as well.
Costco does what now?

DPTURBO29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current - 2018 Tundra Limited 1971 F100 SC
My ‘22 Platinum with basically all the payload killing options is at 1318 lbs., but it doesn’t bother me. If I was using it for business and DOT was an issue it might be a different story. I’ll overload it and go on without a thought, which probably won’t be too often. I could do without the massive sunroof and power gate, but I found it on a lot and didn’t have a say in it.

blkZ28spt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 501A SCREW 4x4 tuned 3.5
My Platinum high Powerboost 4x4 with big generator is 1,424 lbs payload

Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Need some help as I'm trying to decide between the EB or PB. I tow a boat thats around 7-8K pounds. With some average stuff in the back, tongue weight, and peeps, this easily exceeds my Tundra's 1030 pound payload limit. I definitely want to stick with a half ton, so I'm getting a 150, but wondering if by going with the PB I lose a ton of payload.

Looking at the chart, it looks like I will lose a couple of hundred of pounds compared to the EB.

I'm getting a loaded Lariat regardless of engine (no sunroof though), I was wondering what kind of real world payload I could expect (door sticker) on the PB compared to the EB. Any PB limited peeps mind checking their doors for a payload number?

TIA!
My ordered 2022 XLT Power Boost's Cargo Capacity is 1645#. I was very careful what options I got.

Ford F-150 Payload Hit compared to EB IMG_20220110_191130589 (2)

Ford F-150 Payload Hit compared to EB 8414

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I’m sitting at 1308# with my fully loaded up 22 king ranch 6.5 ft bed. The only thing I don’t have is the lay flat seats and FX package because I went for the CCD. I’ve already maxed it out with a 6x12 U-Haul trailer twice doing a move and it handled the trailer and cargo very nicely. Will be really putting her to the test in July with a 7000# RV. Going to use the sumo springs for that trip.

DPTURBO29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current - 2018 Tundra Limited 1971 F100 SC
Might need to be in a separate thread, but what do you think of the CCD?

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Might need to be in a separate thread, but what do you think of the CCD?
I would say in general that it’s a very subtle difference. I haven’t towed really heavy yet and I’m hoping that it will make a little difference there. I wouldn’t have chosen CCD over the FX package if my truck didn’t already have the rear locker because of the powerboost.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
I’m sitting at 1308# with my fully loaded up 22 king ranch 6.5 ft bed. The only thing I don’t have is the lay flat seats and FX package because I went for the CCD. I’ve already maxed it out with a 6x12 U-Haul trailer twice doing a move and it handled the trailer and cargo very nicely. Will be really putting her to the test in July with a 7000# RV. Going to use the sumo springs for that trip.
i know it isn’t July yet, but have you installed the sumo springs? Any update if they still allow the CCD to work properly?

Sponsored

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
i know it isn’t July yet, but have you installed the sumo springs? Any update if they still allow the CCD to work properly?
Yes, I did install the sumo springs. They fit perfectly and don’t seem to cause any issues with the CCD. I have yet to put a really heavy load on since installing them but I’m sure they will work just as well as they did in my 2021.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
With just 1306# CCC, and a 7000# GVWR how will you not be seriously over loaded?

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
With just 1306# CCC, and a 7000# GVWR how will you not be seriously over loaded?
With good planning it can be done. There are people on here that have pulled heavier loads with PBs with similar specs. Balancing the trailer correctly to manage payload weight and putting basically nothing in the truck except for people. It can be done but you have to have a plan and pay attention to the details.

Honestly, I feel better pulling a decent RV at max load than maxing everything out with a crappy Uhaul trailer. Electric breaks, weight distro hitch, anti sway, etc line the RV up to balance out much better which is good because the cross sectional area of the RV is much higher.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
My '22 PB Lariat 502A with everything except I think the moonroof, bedline and scales is 1,468# payload. 8 more than my old '17 which was a pretty basic Lariat with not much added.

I am a bit dissappointed that it wasn't more (as I was hoping to tow a TT, but now re-thinking that plan), but the other option was to keep the '17 which was limited to 7k #s of towing anyways.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
There are a LOT of RV's that a Powerboost can tow with ample towing prowess.
Most RV's that are beyond the Powerboost are beyond other 1/2 ton trucks too.
(The HDPP F150 being the exception, of course)
There are some very nice RV's that are being manufactured with an emphasis to keep weight down, but often the cost reflects the more expensive material use.
Sponsored