Sponsored

Partial update? Interface issues. Ford site shows nothing to download.

Spooge1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I believe I got a back update from Ford while connected to wifi. The system shows that there is no update available, but the interface is horribly misconfigured. Unable to use even the manual on the unit. No nav, no carplay usability. I checked on the Ford site with my VIN and it shows there is nothing for me to manually download and update via USB.

I've done the typical "resets" (steering wheel buttons, head unit buttons, master reset, removed battery cables for an extended time)

If anyone has the appropriate file for me to try (if it isn't VIN specific) or knows how to further troubleshoot, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Ford F-150 Partial update? Interface issues. Ford site shows nothing to download. 1

Ford F-150 Partial update? Interface issues. Ford site shows nothing to download. 2

Ford F-150 Partial update? Interface issues. Ford site shows nothing to download. 3

Ford F-150 Partial update? Interface issues. Ford site shows nothing to download. 4

Ford F-150 Partial update? Interface issues. Ford site shows nothing to download. 5
Sponsored

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
With sync 4 and the over the air update strategy ford stopped providing the update for usb install. If this happened on its own then I would suggest setting up an appointment for the dealer to re install it as fdrs should see the version mismatch based on this happening to others that have tried installing it themselves. Other option might be to try pulling the fuse for sync for a few or disconnecting the battery.

OP
OP

Spooge1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Same shit, another update. Thanks @Ford Motor Company Called OTA support multiple times, there is literally nothing they can push to the vehicle. Unfortunately there is only a series of soft resets they can offer. I genuinely have no idea how not being able to update via USB passed QA.

Here's my latest unusable interface

Software Version: 22087_PRODUCT Revision: 415
Check for updates shows that I have the latest available to my vehicle

Last time I called the dealer and said that I need them to manually update my vehicle the service advisor said it would take 5 days and not only is that impossible for me to be without a vehicle that long, it's also something that could have been completely avoidable should we have the ability to update at home.

Ford F-150 Partial update? Interface issues. Ford site shows nothing to download. FordUpdate

Ford F-150 Partial update? Interface issues. Ford site shows nothing to download. IMG_2928

Ford F-150 Partial update? Interface issues. Ford site shows nothing to download. 300673638_473333494644418_7952207655983349200_n

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Same shit, another update. Thanks @Ford Motor Company Called OTA support multiple times, there is literally nothing they can push to the vehicle. Unfortunately there is only a series of soft resets they can offer. I genuinely have no idea how not being able to update via USB passed QA.

Here's my latest unusable interface

Software Version: 22087_PRODUCT Revision: 415
Check for updates shows that I have the latest available to my vehicle

Last time I called the dealer and said that I need them to manually update my vehicle the service advisor said it would take 5 days and not only is that impossible for me to be without a vehicle that long, it's also something that could have been completely avoidable should we have the ability to update at home.

FordUpdate.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg

300673638_473333494644418_7952207655983349200_n.jpg
I can send you files if you send me your vin

OP
OP

Spooge1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
@Jesse-Infotainment got me straightened out with a USB update. Everything is back to working as it should.

Let's hope I don't have to revive this thread in a couple of months, but if I do I know exactly who to talk to. 🍻
Sponsored

Last edited: