First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
I have a smoked quartz Lariat PB 502 with the chrome package. Because of the times with almost no inventory out there, it was the best I could find. As I found out, even if I did my own build, I could not get smoked quartz with a sport package. I find that to be irritating as hell for a $70k truck. Anyway, the chrome has grown on me, as it does look ok with smoked quartz. I also think it’s not too bad with white or silver.
Anyway, there are some pieces that over the top, particularly the mirror caps and door handles. I found these guys and wondered if any of you have used them? That’s only the half of it. I then need to figure out installation. I don’t know that I have thick enough skin to chance butchering a $70k truck. I’ve seen a couple of videos and it does not look exactly “plug and play” easy.

https://shop.bfntruckshop.com/shop/...nted-to-match-any-color/v/202-FRD-F15-OEM-YES
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I don't know who they are but I wish I hadn't clicked that link. ??

They sure make it appealing to rid my Platinum of those monster chrome mirror caps and fender emblems, not to mention the door handles.

OP
OP

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
LOL! Right! I haven’t slept good since I clicked on it a week ago. I like that they use OEM parts and do it properly. Price is not horrible and they look Professional/stock.

Mjp8540

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I saw this post today and decided I would get the mirror caps since I can’t stand the chrome ones. I will report back in a couple of weeks when I receive the replacements and let you guys know what I think.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I saw this post today and decided I would get the mirror caps since I can’t stand the chrome ones. I will report back in a couple of weeks when I receive the replacements and let you guys know what I think.
Please DO!
So I'm assuming you chose a paint-to-match color, but curious what color?
Really looking forward to your opinion of the actual paint work.

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
...I can’t stand the chrome ones.
The chrome mirror caps are hideous, they look like something you would order from J.C. Whitney back in the day to put on your conversion van with double sided tape.

Either chrome the entire mirror housing, or none at all.

Mjp8540

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Please DO!
So I'm assuming you chose a paint-to-match color, but curious what color?
Really looking forward to your opinion of the actual paint work.
Yeah so on his order page it has a drop down to choose if you have mirrors with cameras, and a comment section that asks for paint code. I got the paint code off of the door jam sticker. My truck is smoked quartz.

I will say I found his page on Facebook and messaged him a couple of questions and he got back to me within a couple of hours. He said he was a ways out on orders so at least he let me know I may be waiting a bit. I’ll report back as soon as I know more. And just so you guys know, I’m pretty picky about my stuff. So im hoping for a pretty much perfect product.

Mjp8540

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
This is what we’re looking like so far. I did wrap the fender emblems to get rid of that giant chrome piece

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
Looks like a very nice product. If you are a DIY kind of person you can order color match paint from AutomotiveTouchup, [Microfinish LLC]. They have a step by step process. I did my mirror caps and side badges. Also more threads on here for help.

Ford F-150 Partial Chrome Delete 20210607_065930

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Mjp8540 Beautiful color!
Yea, mine is same Platinum Trim and while I'm not looking to ghost the truck, I just don't like the contrast to be chrome.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As previously stated, the truck is Kodiak Brown, but requires direct sunlight to believe it. The wheels are powder coated in Ford's Caribou, the accent color of my previous King Ranch. (Ford's 2014 Limited Wheels)
I'm actually considering using Kodiak Brown and Caribou to eliminate all chrome, but haven't decided how.
"Less is more" has me barely using the Caribou, but to ME the contrast is appealing and I might just do all chrome in it.
I'm old, so I don't fret much about it too much. :)

Ford F-150 Partial Chrome Delete 20211023_104513

Last edited:

Mjp8540

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
As previously stated, the truck is Kodiak Brown, but requires direct sunlight to believe it. The wheels are powder coated in Ford's Caribou, the accent color of my previous King Ranch. (Ford's 2014 Limited Wheels)
I'm actually considering using Kodiak Brown and Caribou to eliminate all chrome, but haven't decided how.
"Less is more" has me barely using the Caribou, but to ME the contrast is appealing and I might just do all chrome in it.
I'm old, so I don't fret much about it too much. :)

20211023_104513.jpg
That’s a good looking truck. I know what you mean about less being more. I want to basically color match the rest of the chrome and do a gunmetal color on my front and rear emblem that matches my wheels and the fender emblem. Another piece I really don’t care for is the chrome strip right under the windows.

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Looks like a very nice product. If you are a DIY kind of person you can order color match paint from AutomotiveTouchup, [Microfinish LLC]. They have a step by step process. I did my mirror caps and side badges. Also more threads on here for help.

20210607_065930.jpg

Do you have painted badges? If so did you do them themselves?

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
Yes I painted the badges, they we easy just lightly sand them. I didn’t paint the f-150 lariat part. They pop off easily with a plastic trim tool. Mirror caps were a different story.
Sponsored