Part of the Team: My 2021 F-150 Order!

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Hey guys, I know I’m fashionably late to the party, but I just got back from the dealer and placing my order on my dream truck!! It was a fairly simple process (so far) and I’m happy to provide any info to others if they have questions!

I went with the 2021 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew in Velocity Blue Metallic with:

-3.5L EcoBoost
-Sport appearance package with 18” gloss black wheels
-502A High package
-FX4 Off Road package
-Max Tow package
-Ford Co-Pilot Active 2.0 Prep
-360 Degree Camera
-Bang & Olufsen Unleashed system
-Twin Panel Moonroof
-Power tailgate/Tailgate step
-Interior Work Surface
-Partitioned Lockable Storage
-Wheel Well Liners

The dealer estimated “8-12 weeks” for delivery, but with the info rolling out yesterday about the no/low availability items on my build, we’ll have to see.

Just happy to have my build officially submitted! I’m a proud new member of the”hurry up and wait” crew now!
Sponsored

Last edited:

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
Congrats Kyle. Sounds like a nice build. You're going to need to start a thread titled "Show us Your New Gen14!".

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
Hey guys, I know I’m fashionably late to the party, but I just got back from the dealer and placing my order! It was a fairly simple process (so far) and I’m happy to provide any info to others if they have questions!

-3.5L EcoBoost
-502A High package
-FX4 Off Road package
-Max Tow package
-360 Degree Camera
-Twin Panel Moonroof
-Interior Work Surface
-Wheel Well Liners

The dealer estimated “8-12 weeks” for delivery, but with the info rolling out yesterday about the no/low availability items on my build, we’ll have to see.

Just happy to have my build officially submitted! I’m a proud new member of the”hurry up and wait” crew now!
Hey Kyle,
Our builds are almost exactly a like. Only differences are Antimatter blue with chrome appearance package

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Congrats very similar build here except black and added tow mirrors! Also I opted to not do the prep pack for 1k as I’m worried the auto drive update will be similar to Tesla cost of 7k ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Congrats very similar build here except black and added tow mirrors! Also I opted to not do the prep pack for 1k as I’m worried the auto drive update will be similar to Tesla cost of 7k ?
Man I hope not! I got it just in case. I agree, I’m not a buyer of the update at 7 large...

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
I have a Tesla Model 3, and they offered the update for $2500, although I passed at that price as the car already pretty much drives itself on the interstate, which is where i'm most interested. Curious to see what Ford charges and what the product actually entails.

I NEEEED a f150

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX 2014
Hey guys, I know I’m fashionably late to the party, but I just got back from the dealer and placing my order! It was a fairly simple process (so far) and I’m happy to provide any info to others if they have questions!

-3.5L EcoBoost
-502A High package
-FX4 Off Road package
-Max Tow package
-360 Degree Camera
-Twin Panel Moonroof
-Interior Work Surface
-Wheel Well Liners

I am thinking about a similar build.
Didn’t want the extra weight of powerboost? Also, how come max tow rather than tow tech?

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am thinking about a similar build.
Didn’t want the extra weight of powerboost? Also, how come max tow rather than tow tech?
Like a lot of people on here, I was a little apprehensive about a first generation, first year, with new engine format. And it would have been about $3,000 extra on my build by the time I got the ProPower I would have wanted.

I don’t intend to tow much, but I’m glad the capability is there. I believe my build will be close to the maximum tow rating with the Max Tow and the gas only 3.5 EcoBoost. The main reason though is I wanted the features the package came with.

Extended Range 36 Gallon Fuel Tank: $445
3.55 Electronic Locking Axel Ratio: $470

It would be $925 just for those two by itself. The Max Tow package is $1325 and you get those two plus bigger rear brakes, and Pro Trailer Backup Assist and a few other niceties as well.

I NEEEED a f150

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX 2014
Like a lot of people on here, I was a little apprehensive about a first generation, first year, with new engine format. And it would have been about $3,000 extra on my build by the time I got the ProPower I would have wanted.

I don’t intend to tow much, but I’m glad the capability is there. I believe my build will be close to the maximum tow rating with the Max Tow and the gas only 3.5 EcoBoost. The main reason though is I wanted the features the package came with.

Extended Range 36 Gallon Fuel Tank: $445
3.55 Electronic Locking Axel Ratio: $470

It would be $925 just for those two by itself. The Max Tow package is $1325 and you get those two plus bigger rear brakes, and Pro Trailer Backup Assist and a few other niceties as well.
thanks!! Back to the build and price for the 90th time. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
thanks!! Back to the build and price for the 90th time. :)
You and me both! My computer (and phone) don’t know what to do when I visit another page besides F150gen14.com and the Ford F-150’s build and price page.?

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I ordered a Velocity Blue SuperCab, 8’, 4x4, 5.0
just a mid level XLT
not really into all the bells and whistles of the upper 3 trim series.
15 years of driving and dealing with short beds has finally hit my last nerve—nothing fits.
I just hope the body of this thing stays as tight as my 79 Chev ( bought new before I turned 19) stayed until I retired it with 400,000 on the clock, or my 98 K1500 with a bit over 200.

On a side note—did get to take a 21 SuperCab STX - 6.5’ box for a little ride today.
Kind of impressed with the quietness of the cab.
Had the 2.7 EcoBoost and it is pretty zippy (better than expected).
The STX was closest to the interior that I wanted to get familiar with.
It was the Leadfoot colored vehicle that pictures had already been posted here

the guy told me where the V8 King Ranch will be on Saturday, so I will go take that one for a spin as well

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Welcome to the band!

Happy for ya! now suffer... Lol