Sponsored

Parks Ford of Wesley Chapel (Florida)

azwickey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking for 2021 F-150
Hello - New here and I'm learning so much from all the posts. Anyone here have experience with Parks Ford of Wesley Chapel? I'm an out of state buyer and I see pretty good advertised online prices, but have seen a very small number of online complaints about some after the fact fees and/or dealer added options when finalizing. I've spoken with them and they said there is only $500 included in their price that wouldn't apply to me (resident NC). Wondering if its going to be a waste of time pursuing with them.
Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Hello - New here and I'm learning so much from all the posts. Anyone here have experience with Parks Ford of Wesley Chapel? I'm an out of state buyer and I see pretty good advertised online prices, but have seen a very small number of online complaints about some after the fact fees and/or dealer added options when finalizing. I've spoken with them and they said there is only $500 included in their price that wouldn't apply to me (resident NC). Wondering if its going to be a waste of time pursuing with them.
I do not know anything about this dealership, however, I do have experience buying a vehicle in Florida as an out of state customer. The law may have changed since 2017, but Florida law required out of state buyers to pay taxes in Florida on the purchase of a vehicle if that vehicle is driven off the lot. To circumvent this, you must have the vehicle trucked to North Carolina.

Check with the dealer, as they should be well versed in this. If you are going to pick up the truck at the dealer and this law is still in place, check with the NC DMV as to how they handle this when you register the truck. If I recall, North Carolina will get their 3% (NC Sales Tax) from Florida and Florida will keep their 3% (6% sales tax in Florida).

It cost me $1,100 to truck my wife's car from Florida to Arkansas. Yours should be less than that, given the distance. It is sure cheaper than paying an additional 3% to Florida.