Sponsored

parking without 360 camera and front sensors

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
On my previous 2019 Silverado LTZ, it had every option but the front camera. I swore never again to not have 360* cameras. I ordered my 2021 XLT with them and I couldn't live without them.
Sponsored

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
yah, I ordered a truck with cameras too.. but got tired of the 6 month wait Ford put me thru and bought a shiny red truck off the lot. but with no cameras !! maybe next time.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
When I ordered my MY22 Power Boost, I specifically ordered 360 degree cameras. Can't why I didn't get front sensors. Maybe part of a higher weight package which I skipped due to weight restrictions on my weight handicapped Power Boost. Or maybe front sensors are reserved for higher trim levels.

I do like the surround cameras.

Reactions: 780

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
When I ordered my MY22 Power Boost, I specifically ordered 360 degree cameras. Can't why I didn't get front sensors. Maybe part of a higher weight package which I skipped due to weight restrictions on my weight handicapped Power Boost. Or maybe front sensors are reserved for higher trim levels.

You have to get the max tow pkg. Just kidding 😉. My MY21 302a has the front sensors. Surprised yours doesn't.

OP
OP

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
i appreciate the responses, but this thread is more for people have neither cameras nor sensors. if i have either, i wouldn't complaining about parking. it's hard to swallow the $900 cost to add the front sensors where the factory 360 deg camera package could be had for less. i'm trying to get the dealer to pay or at least split the front sensor cost with me.

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE

strange, my 302a 22 w/ 360 has the front sensors

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat FX4 2022 Bronco Badlands
Occupation
Retired FDNY
I've been driving trucks for about 50 of my 69 years. The only sensor that I appreciate is the backup camera. Hitching up a trailer is so much easier. My Lariat came with 360 cameras. could I live without them? Absolutely. You'll eventually learn where the front end is.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
I've been driving trucks for about 50 of my 69 years. The only sensor that I appreciate is the backup camera. Hitching up a trailer is so much easier. My Lariat came with 360 cameras. could I live without them? Absolutely. You'll eventually learn where the front end is.
Knowing where the front end is, is easy. Putting it 2 inches off of something if needed is a whole other class of game though. Sometimes front ends will magically grow on you when you can't see it, best to remove all speculation.

Personally I'm looking forward to the high resolution phased array radars that are coming and do trivial things like measure the height / width of confined areas, detect road debris while it's under the vehicle in front of you, pot holes, etc.... That's a whole other realm of ADAS that's closer than many realize.

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 500A Lariat 4x4 5.0L
I wish I got the sensors for front. It's a must in Europe. Even entry level sub 20k cars here come with them. The rear camera and sensors help for sure, but front would be nice. Shame they don't come standard on a Lariat. Add to that the horrible turning radius and I am usually left relying on the wife to assist :D

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
I don’t have either the sensors or the 360 cameras. The only thing that’s been an adjustment is figuring out where the front bumper is when pulling in headfirst. I’ve obviously been a little conservative and left pretty large gaps if I’ve been worried about touching a car or pole.

I mostly back into spots, however a couple times a week I’ll need to pull head first in to load the bed. It’s been an adjustment coming from a car, but nothing insane. Just need to be more cautious with the size and smaller turning radius. I don’t regret not configuring the options, it’s been just fine for me.

Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
My ‘21 XLT had the sensors + 360 cameras. I really found it useful to have both features working together.

My current ‘22 XLT has the 360 cameras and no sensors in the bumper. (The sensors were part of the force delete at the time). While I do miss those sensors, I am glad to have the 360 cameras. Given the choice, I’ll take the cameras every single time.

OP
OP

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
I don’t have either the sensors or the 360 cameras. The only thing that’s been an adjustment is figuring out where the front bumper is when pulling in headfirst. I’ve obviously been a little conservative and left pretty large gaps if I’ve been worried about touching a car or pole.

I mostly back into spots, however a couple times a week I’ll need to pull head first in to load the bed. It’s been an adjustment coming from a car, but nothing insane. Just need to be more cautious with the size and smaller turning radius. I don’t regret not configuring the options, it’s been just fine for me.
thank you, we're in the same boat. just like you, we found it difficult to head-in parking without those two features, but after 3 weeks of experimenting, we kind of get a hold of it. still feel sh*ty about not having the 360 camera due to our negligence and salesperson's intentional omission.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
thank you, we're in the same boat. just like you, we found it difficult to head-in parking without those two features, but after 3 weeks of experimenting, we kind of get a hold of it. still feel sh*ty about not having the 360 camera due to our negligence and salesperson's intentional omission.
That's fair. I'd also be upset if I thought I was getting a feature/option but received without it.

I'd probably also feel differently if I was doing more towing. I'd like to get a small travel trailer in a couple years, and my opinion about not having 360 cameras may change if that happens. But for now, I do find it perfectly maneuverable without them :)

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Or just do the more practical thing and back in using your camera and rear sensors.
That's what I do..... here in Texas where everything is bigger except parking spaces, backing in is a whole lot easier. Not to mention the "backup assistant" will stop your truck for you when you backup to fast ;)

Techguy82

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT
My previous truck was a 2016 XLT. it didn't have sensors in the front or cameras. I installed this aftermarket sensor kit and it was awesome for the 6 years I had the truck, detected poles etc. cool thing was it told you in inches how far you were away from the nearest object. cheaper than $900 for sure haha (looks to be selling for $140).

https://www.amazon.com/Rostra-250-1...mzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0

Here is my thread on f150forum:

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/front-parking-sensors-installed-rostra-frontzone-362248/
Sponsored