Parking brake automatically coming on after truck in drive

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
It does not auto release. I have to manually disengage. Every time.
Does it automatically disengage when you start driving? Just a tap on the throttle is all it should take to disengage. It doesn't disengage as soon as you put it in drive.. Need to apply throttle.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RocketFistMooga

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.
Does it automatically disengage when you start driving? Just a tap on the throttle is all it should take to disengage. It doesn't disengage as soon as you put it in drive.. Need to apply throttle.
Tap of the throttle and it disengages. You are correct. I feel like an idiot but in the past when I have intentionally put the parking brake on it would not auto disengage when I applied throttle. I didn’t think this would be any different

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I wonder if this park brake update is because the trucks move so much when put into park. I know mine moves a lot if on a slight down slope after I have backed into a parking spot at work. I have to release the foot brake slowly and allow the truck to roll ahead slightly.

HANCOCK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 powerboost
since I had the update 4.2.2 the Parking brake was engaged . I stepped on the break then release the parking brake and then it did not come on again .

Sponsored

ibgregr

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost
When I put my truck in gear and tap the throttle my parking brake releases ALWAYS. It doesn't matter if I manually set it or the truck decided it needed to be set. I've never had to manually release it.

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
I thought there was a setting somewhere in the menus to have the parking brake auto apply when putting the trans in P. Mine does not do this, but I swear in browsing menus I saw an option to enable it. I have a '23 with 4.2.2.1

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
There is a difference in having the brakes applied and having the parking brake turned on. With my 2022 truck going in reverse with a bike rack on the hitch it the truck would engage emergency braking and I needed to turn off this feature.

When backing out of my driveway I end up going uphill on the street and the truck is facing downhill and it will activate the brakes at all four wheels - not the parking brake. I need to put the truck into Drive and then accelerate to release the brakes. A little unsettling behavior but I have gotten used to it.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
OP, your post is cryptic. After being in reverse then drive it comes on? So you're saying you're driving and it randomly comes on, or are you opening a door while in drive. The MME is far more nanny than the truck, you can't even drive with the door open without HOLDING brake off. What conditions are present that are causing it to activate?

OP
OP
RocketFistMooga

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.
OP, your post is cryptic. After being in reverse then drive it comes on? So you're saying you're driving and it randomly comes on, or are you opening a door while in drive. The MME is far more nanny than the truck, you can't even drive with the door open without HOLDING brake off. What conditions are present that are causing it to activate?
Truck stopped. All doors closed. Put truck in park. BRake comes on

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Truck stopped. All doors closed. Put truck in park. BRake comes on
Ah, yeah, sometimes if you're on a slope the PB will automatically engage. Working as intended. Not sure if a little bit of movement will trigger it, like you park and then then the ABS senses a little wheel movement and triggers it. When you start it up and put it into gear and tap the gas it releases. Completely normal.
Sponsored