Parking brake automatically coming on after truck in drive

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.
Anyone have an idea why my Parking brake automatically coming on after truck is in drive. Recently had some recalls taken care of at deal and it was not doing this prior. Happens after reverse and after in drive
Sponsored

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche
Does anyone know if it’s possible to set the parking braking to set and release automatically when shifting in and out of park? My Highlander did that and it was nice.

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
Anyone have an idea why my Parking brake automatically coming on after truck is in drive. Recently had some recalls taken care of at deal and it was not doing this prior. Happens after reverse and after in drive
Check that auto hold is not activated (you’ll know the difference by the red brake message versus the green auto hold icon) and that no open door messages are displayed (the vehicle will go into park when you open the driver door, for example).

Sponsored

PBJelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150pb plat
Auto hold is off and it automatically engages parking brake when shifting into park on an incline. I haven't found a way to disable it either.

OP
OP
RocketFistMooga

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Auto hold is off and it automatically engages parking brake when shifting into park on an incline. I haven't found a way to disable it either.
Yes this. Exactly this. It never used to do this. Maybe it was an update. Very annoying

Last edited:
OP
OP
RocketFistMooga

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Talked to dealer service advisor already this morning and it is apparently a new safety feature rolled out with the most recent update.

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
Odd, mine has always done this. Sometimes not even when on a incline (very rarely).

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Talked to dealer service advisor already this morning and it is apparently a new safety feature rolled out with the most recent update.
Sounds like a reasonable explanation. I'm trying not to be sceptical, but dealerships can say the craziest things.

If it is in fact accurate, lots of folks will be reporting the same behavior, as well as the owners manual will be ammended.
Currently, I couldn't find anything mentioned in the section regarding emergency/parking brake.

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does the parking brake automatically release when putting it in drive? If it does, then I don’t see the drawback. I think it’s kind of weird to have to set and release a parking brake manually anymore.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Does the parking brake automatically release when putting it in drive? If it does, then I don’t see the drawback. I think it’s kind of weird to have to set and release a parking brake manually anymore.
The highlighted sections below implies that it's possible that it could/should?
Although if there's been new software logic introduced recently, the documentation below may need to be ammended?

Ford F-150 Parking brake automatically coming on after truck in drive Screenshot_20230414_090727_OneDrive

Ford F-150 Parking brake automatically coming on after truck in drive Screenshot_20230414_090751_OneDrive

Ford F-150 Parking brake automatically coming on after truck in drive Screenshot_20230414_090818_OneDrive

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The highlighted sections below implies that it's possible that it could/should?
Although if there's been new software logic introduced recently, the documentation below may need to be ammended?

Screenshot_20230414_090727_OneDrive.jpg

Screenshot_20230414_090751_OneDrive.jpg

Screenshot_20230414_090818_OneDrive.jpg
Interesting! Mine does not set automatically in park. When I set it manually, it requires a manual release.

OP
OP
RocketFistMooga

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It does not auto release. I have to manually disengage. Every time.
Sponsored