First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT
Tremors have the same fiber cover. After 1000 miles I took mine off and replaced with RCI aluminum skids (second hand from facebook marketplace). Tremors have a metal cover (same as fx4's) at the oil pan and a nice one at the transfer case. Still cant figure out why they have the fiber cover for the trans...
Ford F-150 Parked of driveway during heaven rain destroyed fiber under pan 20230112_140323
Sponsored

Dat1Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
03.F350;05.STi;89.HMMWV;17.WRX;19.Accord;21.F150
Occupation
Smooth Brain 🧠
What is that cover even supposed to do, if its made out of flimsy fiber / carpet?
MPG went down from 18mpg to 15mpg since it came off... this is on cooper 35s with fox coil 2.25inch level on 21 powerboost with a 91 tune... fyi... not planning on replacing it until all this rain stops... presently not interested in replacement with a talon but just might have to for long term...

OP
OP

Bugzuki

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost Super Crew 4x4
What is that cover even supposed to do, if its made out of flimsy fiber / carpet?
My thoughts exactly, especially when you have the FX4 package. I would think the FX4 package would give you a full aluminum or steel skip plate.

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
The Talons skid plate set is a beast, and is really easy to install. The factory "skid plates" are all bad, but the fiber transmission "object" is wholly useless. There are a lot of wires and hoses under there that do bad things if disconnected during operation, so a skid plate set is relatively cheap insurance against "my transmission and/or engine straight up died".
Sponsored