Parked of driveway during heaven rain destroyed fiber under pan

Bugzuki

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost Super Crew 4x4
During the heavy rain a couple days ago I parked a little off the driveway to get something past the truck. Needless to say it sunk in the mud. Luckily in mud and ruts nice I was able to get out without hitting anything. I did apparently catch the fiber under cover on something and ripped it at the rear bolt.

Does anyone know it the Tremor or Raptor have an aluminum pan to replace this with?

The first shot is the mud and ruts cover in a dusting of snow now.

Ford F-150 Parked of driveway during heaven rain destroyed fiber under pan IMG20230103141226

Ford F-150 Parked of driveway during heaven rain destroyed fiber under pan IMG20230103141255
Sponsored

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
I don't think the tremor skid would fit if it exists, as the cross member of the powerboost is farther back than on other f150s.. Most people are replacing with powerboost specific plates from RCI or talons garage; they both have catalytic convertor protection available (optional on the RCI)

https://www.talonsgarage.com/product-page/f-150-powerboost-cat-protector-and-transmission-skid-plate

https://rcimetalworks.com/product/transmission-skid-plate-15-present-f-150-powerboost/

I've also seen a video where a guy just drills a couple of extra holes near the torn attachment points in the fiber cover and zip ties it back to the mounts.. :rolleyes:

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
I don't think the tremor skid would fit if it exists, as the cross member of the powerboost is farther back than on other f150s.. Most people are replacing with powerboost specific plates from RCI or talons garage; they both have catalytic convertor protection available (optional on the RCI)

https://www.talonsgarage.com/product-page/f-150-powerboost-cat-protector-and-transmission-skid-plate

https://rcimetalworks.com/product/transmission-skid-plate-15-present-f-150-powerboost/

I've also seen a video where a guy just drills a couple of extra holes near the torn attachment points in the fiber cover and zip ties it back to the mounts.. :rolleyes:
Those covers are worthless, I see trucks everyday with them flapping in the wind. First oil change mine went to the trash.

OP
OP

Bugzuki

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

I will take a look. Thanks for the links.

OP
OP

Bugzuki

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Those covers are worthless, I see trucks everyday with them flapping in the wind. First oil change mine went to the trash.
Mine will be going on the trash now too, but I want protection for the plastic transmission oil pan.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bugzuki

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh I also just had to take the front right caliper off and scrape 15 or 20 pieces of gravel out. It was making awful noises. Even though this truck has the FX4 package it doesn't seem like they planned for people to off road it. I guess I will be testing the limits repeatedly.

Dat1Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
03.F350;05.STi;89.HMMWV;17.WRX;19.Accord;21.F150
Occupation
Smooth Brain 🧠
You are not the only one... and this happened to me just a day after seeing someone elses hanging off while driving down the freeway... This cover is a really poor design on Ford...
Ford F-150 Parked of driveway during heaven rain destroyed fiber under pan 1000001781

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
What is that cover even supposed to do, if its made out of flimsy fiber / carpet?

Sponsored

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
Smoothing the underside of the vehicle reduces drag and improves mpg.
Maybe not so much in speed brake mode :)
Good idea meets bad maybe?
Too bad they didn’t go with adding a tonneau as a drag reducer…that’d be one we’d all be on board with!

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
What is that cover even supposed to do, if its made out of flimsy fiber / carpet?
My guess is that its not only for MPGs, but also for fire prevention.. cats get hot and the fiber probably does a good job of minimizing heat transfer and fire risk if left in contact with tall grasses

Waveslider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SCREW Lariat 4WD
Mine just fell off on one corner last week. I was on the side of the road when someone told me they saw it hanging so I had to cut it the rest of the way off.
Sponsored