Park Brake Fault - Service Now

TremorMD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford 150 Tremor
I searched for a similar post but not able to find anything. Hopefully someone may have experienced this: Park Brake Fault. Service Now.

Driving and this warning popped up and still does it when the car is locked and turned off. I had to disconnect the battery for now.

I understand that there is a recall for something similar but only for single exhaust F150s. The Tremor is dual exhaust and appears to be not part of it. VIN check confirms I do not have the recall

I have an appointment later this week. I have fully charged the battery as someone mentioned it could be due to a low battery.

Sponsored

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
I searched for a similar post but not able to find anything. Hopefully someone may have experienced this: Park Brake Fault. Service Now.

Driving and this warning popped up and still does it when the car is locked and turned off. I had to disconnect the battery for now.

I understand that there is a recall for something similar but only for single exhaust F150s. The Tremor is dual exhaust and appears to be not part of it. VIN check confirms I do not have the recall

I have an appointment later this week. I have fully charged the battery as someone mentioned it could be due to a low battery.

Interested to hear what you hear.

Do you routinely use the parking brake?
Did you try and cycle the brake on and off several times?

Thanks

Last edited:

Texcellent

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150, 2017 Expedition
Occupation
Oil and Gas, Project Manager
Interestingly enough, I had this same warning last week.
My truck is currently at the dealer for a new driver rear window (Houston crime) and I asked for them to look into the warning. They have not been able to duplicate nor find any fault codes…
I will share your video and see if that helps steer them.

Texcellent

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150, 2017 Expedition
Occupation
Oil and Gas, Project Manager
Got it back from the dealer yesterday.

They couldn’t replicate the warning or find a thrown code from it in the log.

Only thing they kept getting was low voltage codes on the battery….

interesting if they are connected somehow…?

OP
OP

TremorMD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford 150 Tremor
The dealer said they called the Ford Hotline and told them to replace the battery and since then they haven’t gotten any faults after they reset all the modules. The last thing they have to do which is supposed to happen today is the service manager is supposed to test drive the vehicle for about 15 to 20 miles to ensure the faults do not reappear.

Sponsored

KTM753

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL
Got it back from the dealer yesterday.

They couldn’t replicate the warning or find a thrown code from it in the log.

Only thing they kept getting was low voltage codes on the battery….

interesting if they are connected somehow…?
I don't have any specific proof that it it is related but thinking about it, it makes sense. Controllers don't like low voltages. The parking brake being a safety concern, I think Ford would have a DTC written for too low of voltage to prevent an unsafe scenario.

Papa Tiger

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 F150's
Occupation
retired
Going back and seeing its a 2023 I would get a loaner and leave it at the Dealership
Let them plug in with the factory and figure it out with Engineer help When they run the Cluster / Puter tests. YOu got a bad whisker in the works is a good thought.
The standard belief is the truck is unsafe sitting on a Hill in park.

If you had 100,000 mile on it I would check the grounds from the battery to frame.
Also see if a Caliper adjuster at the parking brake is frozen up with rust.
Some never got any moly grease from the factory. Their the ones covered
with a rubber boot that the EMG Brake Mount too. Especially if you have
Electric parking brakes. They are supposed to auto lock on a hill when you park.
Check how to put them in Service mode and take out of service mode. Videos on you tube on that. It will most likely eventually disable your cruise also. Speed control sensor at wheel bearings also bring about similar B.S. If your drive is slopped, you should most likely hear the Electric Brake apply when you put the truck in park. Its what that warning light is about. They won't auto apply when parked at a hill. Reason for the warning. If you live in a Hard Salt state def. search through rust, corrosion and the (grounds) being poor. You may even loose your backup assist system.

Last edited:
OP
OP

TremorMD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford 150 Tremor
Turns out it was a bad battery. Dealer replaced the battery and reset the module. Driven 300 miles so far and haven't had an issue. What a weird issue.
Sponsored