First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
After a year plus of having my truck and seeing numerous threads/ comments from people who added it or complained it was deleted I finally watched a couple videos on park assist and decided to start using it.

Over the past two weeks, I have tried to use it about a dozen times to park and about the same to leave a spot and it has worked maybe three times. Any time I try it takes so long to engage it that inevitably someone walks or drives behind me and it quits. Almost all of these scenarios were close to perfect conditions in near empty parking lots with little traffic. I couldn’t imagine trying it to park on a busy city street.

Is there anyone out there that uses this feature regularly and finds it useful?
Sponsored

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
I use it probably 30% of the time parallel parking after dark on my street that is always crowded. I use it less for the parking, and more as a gauge for whether the truck will fit. Often, there will only be 21' or 22' for the spot, and park assist is pretty good at knowing if it can wiggle into the spot.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I don't know if I would ever use it.
But I WANT it.

Just so I could tell myself that my truck has EVERYTHING that Ford offered in the F150. 🤣🤣🤣

I got really really lucky and it was the only delete. And honestly, of all the things that could been deleted, I'm glad that was the one!

Still, I want the opportunity to say "it only works about 30% of the time".

GenXeration

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150, Platinum, 5.0 4x4, Agate Black, BAP
It was deleted from my Platinum and I really don’t care at all. It’s on my wife’s Grand Cherokee and was also on my Ram. Neither of us use it. I guess we have trust issues. The only thing I wanted on my truck that Ford deleted was multi-contour seats.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I have it. I've never even tried it. I know how to drive (not taking a shot at anyone; I'm just sayin). I work in luxury auto sales, so I use the park assist on many different brands of cars when I am showing features to clients. Some manufacturers do it better than others, but none do it better than me. I can always park faster than any park assist system.

Sponsored

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I would like to use it if it works for parallel parking. I have a 302A XLT coming but bought the 360 cameras and IPMA off a platnium that had all the bells and whistles. Looking to see what sensors I am missing and will try to make this happen

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
I've tested it a few times when I first bought the truck... by the second or third time I got impatient and just parked it myself... It is SLOW

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
I would use it from time to time on my 18, I've tried once on the 22. Don't really like how they changed the way it works, it's a bit odd and it seems slower then the 18 was.

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
Tried it once and it was embarrassing , when parking manually I can back it into a spot in a single motion quickly using the backup camera and sensor. With auto parking it's very slow and takes multiple adjustments. Would compare it to watching someone learning to back a truck into a parking spot the first time.

Sponsored

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
I am also in the camp that the desire to have it is primarily because I want everything that’s an F150 at this level was suppose to have. Maybe 5- 10% emergency utility case.

I’ve seen the videos and outside showing it to friends as a party trick, I’d never use it because it would drive me crazy how slow it is. I admire the tech and engineering irrespective.

The emergency utility use was for some unplanned event were my wife would have to use the truck and had a reason to park. She can’t parallel park, back into spaces, or tight spaces. If she driving her car and I’m passenger, these are all situations today she’ll get out of her car and say, ‘do your boy duties’

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Tried it once and it was embarrassing , when parking manually I can back it into a spot in a single motion quickly using the backup camera and sensor. With auto parking it's very slow and takes multiple adjustments. Would compare it to watching someone learning to back a truck into a parking spot the first time.
So it wouldn't meaningfully add to the length of time it takes me to back into a space? :LOL: As much as I love this truck, it turns like (and feels as big as) an aircraft carrier. I still haven't quite learned how to back it into a space smoothly yet. That's why I'm interested in getting Park Assist enabled...I'm not 100% sure that I'll ever get the hang of it.

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
So it wouldn't meaningfully add to the length of time it takes me to back into a space? :LOL: As much as I love this truck, it turns like (and feels as big as) an aircraft carrier. I still haven't quite learned how to back it into a space smoothly yet. That's why I'm interested in getting Park Assist enabled...I'm not 100% sure that I'll ever get the hang of it.
People get irritated enough as it is when I back into a parking spot and it only takes me 3 seconds, now imagine those same people while you auto park lol.

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
People get irritated enough as it is when I back into a parking spot and it only takes me 3 seconds, now imagine those same people while you auto park lol.
One other quick note, It only works if there is a space in between two objects, so if you have a row of six open parking spots it won't do anything. Also it's going to ignore the lines and put you dead center between the two vehicles.

Verdenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Explorer, Escape
Occupation
Underwear model
I don't have it on my truck, but wish I did. It works really well on my daughter's escape. It's actually a little too fast for my liking and kinda freaks me out so I keep some drag on the break to slow it down as little.
Sponsored