OZ Tuning

gagliano7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 4x4 XL STX BAP 5.0 3:73
The SCT device was on back order for a month. I finally received it this week. Got my OZ tune loaded to my device and installed it today. Was pretty easy to do under the hood. Took about 15-20 minutes to save stock tune and load tune. Once you start it does everything without having to push any buttons until it is done. This is the best thing I have done to my truck. No more cd and it doesn’t feel sluggish anywhere. Shift’s great and I only used normal mode so far and went half throttle from a stop to 60 and what a difference. Very happy with my decision to tune.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NH_Leadfoot

NH_Leadfoot

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
.GOV
Glad to hear you're having the same experience as me. Drive it around for a bit and then try it WOT in Sport mode and let me know how you like that 😎. I'll warn you the shifts are going to surprise you when you do it.

WirePro_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 STX V8 4x4
Occupation
Electrician
The SCT device was on back order for a month. I finally received it this week. Got my OZ tune loaded to my device and installed it today. Was pretty easy to do under the hood. Took about 15-20 minutes to save stock tune and load tune. Once you start it does everything without having to push any buttons until it is done. This is the best thing I have done to my truck. No more cd and it doesn’t feel sluggish anywhere. Shift’s great and I only used normal mode so far and went half throttle from a stop to 60 and what a difference. Very happy with my decision to tune.
I just found out about Oz tuning. Are you still enjoying it? I don't have any transmission problems, however I do hate the 10-speed transmission. Was it worth the investment? I'm a little worried messing with the truck's computer.

Sponsored

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
In my opinion, it is the biggest advantage for getting a tune. These transmissions stock....shift poorly. Ken Osborne (Oz Tuning) spends a TON of time refining the shifting of these trucks.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!

gagliano7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 4x4 XL STX BAP 5.0 3:73
I just found out about Oz tuning. Are you still enjoying it? I don't have any transmission problems, however I do hate the 10-speed transmission. Was it worth the investment? I'm a little worried messing with the truck's computer.
So far so good. My trans shifted great stock and still the same. The only thing I don’t like is when it is at high idle when you first start it it seems to surge some. Once idle drops it is fine. I didn’t notice it until the temp dropped. When I first got the tune they upped the stock idle which I didn’t like. Also in cruise the trans would shift back and forth between gears whenever I hit a hill. They did fix those 2 items. Power is definitely better and getting rid of CD was the best part. If there was a plug in to the obd like they have for gm and dodge to turn off CD that would be all I would have done. If I could do it again I think I would pass on the tune unless I was trying to build a race truck. I going to back to stock in a week or so to see if there is big difference. Hope that helps.
Sponsored