Sponsored

Overlanding/Camping Builds??

brijen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor - Ordered
Anyone doing some overlanding/camping mods to their F150? Would love to see some photos!
Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer

Southern Girl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150, 74 Bronco
My mod is to fill up my entire truck with camping gear. :LOL:

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
Not setting it up as a hardcore overland rig but when (if?) I receive my Powerboost I'll be mounting a GoFast Camper (www.gofastcampers.com), lift (still debating between a 2.5" Fox and 4" BDS) and then various other accessories (awning, Maxtraxx, etc). I had a winch on my Ram 1500 but we moved it over to my wife's JL - doubt I will put one on the F150.

With that setup I should have a great backroad camping/hunting rig. And depending on the lift/tire size without too much compromise for around town use and mileage.

That being said it is all theoretical at this point as the truck (and camper for that matter) are still TBD on when or if they will ever show up. Ha.

Sponsored

OP
OP

brijen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor - Ordered
Not setting it up as a hardcore overland rig but when (if?) I receive my Powerboost I'll be mounting a GoFast Camper (www.gofastcampers.com), lift (still debating between a 2.5" Fox and 4" BDS) and then various other accessories (awning, Maxtraxx, etc). I had a winch on my Ram 1500 but we moved it over to my wife's JL - doubt I will put one on the F150.

With that setup I should have a great backroad camping/hunting rig. And depending on the lift/tire size without too much compromise for around town use and mileage.

That being said it is all theoretical at this point as the truck (and camper for that matter) are still TBD on when or if they will ever show up. Ha.
Sounds awesome. The camper looks great. Ill eventually end up getting a RTT and ive seen really positive reviews of the one they offer too.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
I have a winch. But, don't want to mess with all of the sensors and intercooler up front. So, I have a receiver mount for it.

I am running wiring from the battery to the back of the truck for power and will winch backwards or from the back if/when needed.

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Great thread ! I'm just starting to learn.
I'd research gear and get basic kit, gauge, inflator, recovery kit, water.
Then research and go do some local easy to moderate trails. I just did. :)
And all that stuff suddenly makes way more sense. ;)
I did 2 short trips this week stock and now I cant wait to get decent gear, tires n suspension for the job.
Truck was awesome right out of the box. Great input from more experienced folks here.
Longacre great, get analog low range 0-50 psi:

Ford F-150 Overlanding/Camping Builds?? 20210701_081425

MIlwakee inflator, awesome. Bring AC charger if yo u have AC. or get 12 v kind.
Ford F-150 Overlanding/Camping Builds?? 20210629_114628

Nav system worked great in boonies. But hard to set waypoints. Still figuring it out. All trails web site helps, And Google maps and earth for detailed planning elevation changes. Download local map to phone before departure.
Ford F-150 Overlanding/Camping Builds?? 20210629_092406

The Coyote at the crossroads:

Ford F-150 Overlanding/Camping Builds?? 20210629_092201

Norco good option.
Ford F-150 Overlanding/Camping Builds?? 20210624_103254

Looking forward to more of others input !!

Last edited:
OP
OP

brijen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor - Ordered
Great thread ! I'm just starting to learn.
I'd research gear and get basic kit, gauge, inflator, recovery kit, water.
Then research and go do some local easy to moderate trails. I just did. :)
And all that stuff suddenly makes way more sense. ;)
I did 2 short trips this week stock and now I cant wait to get decent gear, tires n suspension for the job.
Truck was awesome right out of the box. Great input from more experienced folks here.
Longacre great, get analog low range 0-50 psi:

20210701_081425.jpg

MIlwakee inflator, awesome. Bring AC charger if yo u have AC. or get 12 v kind.
20210629_114628.jpg

Nav system worked great in boonies. But hard to set waypoints. Still figuring it out. All trails web site helps, And Google maps and earth for detailed planning elevation changes. Download local map to phone before departure.
20210629_092406.jpg

The Coyote at the crossroads:

20210629_092201.jpg

Norco good option.
20210624_103254.jpg

Looking forward to more of others input !!
Looks like a fun trip!

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership

It appears that the GoFastCampers are only built for smaller/midsized trucks? I really like their design though.

Last edited:

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost