First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport, 2011 F150
Occupation
Home Inspector
Hey all, curious if anyone has built or is planning to build an overland/adventure capable F150? Toying around with some mod ideas but I will need to keep the truck somewhat tame as I use it for my business and towing. Thinking of an awning that I can adapt to my current rack, lift, bumpers, lights, etc.. Would like to hear about products that you have used personally, would recommend and what may compliment the F150 platform. I won't be doing any sort of roof-top tent as I have a 23' camp trailer and I don't like the idea of my family of 5 in one tiny tent! When we are not trailer camping though we love to head out for day trips into our mountains and explore. Formerly an off road tour guide in Moab and have worked with several classes of desert race vehicles so I am very familiar with off-roading, rock crawling and high speed desert runs.
Take a look at my friend Nick's company Bionic Offroad for some inspiration:
Bionic Offroad, Instagram
Bionic Offroad, YouTube video
Sponsored

DANNER

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat PowerBoost + FWC Project M
That a pretty sweet build done by Bionic Offroad. Crazy how the kitchen was built.

I haven't gotten an F150 yet, but I'm looking to build a camper/overland build for my family. Not sure exactly what I'll do, but thinking of getting a FourWheelCamper Project M Topper. If not that then a bed topper with a Roof top tent.

530Five-Oh

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 CC 4WD V8
That a pretty sweet build done by Bionic Offroad. Crazy how the kitchen was built.

I haven't gotten an F150 yet, but I'm looking to build a camper/overland build for my family. Not sure exactly what I'll do, but thinking of getting a FourWheelCamper Project M Topper. If not that then a bed topper with a Roof top tent.
Did you end up ordering the 4 wheel M? two more months to wait for my install

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Hey all, curious if anyone has built or is planning to build an overland/adventure capable F150? Toying around with some mod ideas but I will need to keep the truck somewhat tame as I use it for my business and towing. Thinking of an awning that I can adapt to my current rack, lift, bumpers, lights, etc.. Would like to hear about products that you have used personally, would recommend and what may compliment the F150 platform. I won't be doing any sort of roof-top tent as I have a 23' camp trailer and I don't like the idea of my family of 5 in one tiny tent! When we are not trailer camping though we love to head out for day trips into our mountains and explore. Formerly an off road tour guide in Moab and have worked with several classes of desert race vehicles so I am very familiar with off-roading, rock crawling and high speed desert runs.
Take a look at my friend Nick's company Bionic Offroad for some inspiration:
Bionic Offroad, Instagram
Bionic Offroad, YouTube video
Thinking something along these lines?
Ford F-150 Overlander/Adventure F150 ideas 7b83401a944dce026add53278afbef7c

I think there are a few builds here. Also check out the domestic fullsize section on Expedition Portal for some inspiration. Won't all be F150's but, most of the gear would likely still work on your truck

Last edited:

Sponsored

530Five-Oh

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 CC 4WD V8
Right on congrats! looks great which is nice to see as I pretty much have the same truck, and ordered the same camper(well same looking truck)(different powertrain and payload)

lynskynbnd

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offcambercrawlers.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150, 1987 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Auto Tech
My plan is to build a 2' x 6' storage box with a sleeping surface on top. Battery and solar setup with fridge freezer also. My trailer has solar and fridge freezer, but I hope to get the F-150 setup so the trailer is not needed for solo trips.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/regular-cab-swb-build.11001/
My build thread.

Where it's at now
Ford F-150 Overlander/Adventure F150 ideas 20220904_141647

Self built off-road trailer camping at a music festival
Ford F-150 Overlander/Adventure F150 ideas 20220610_174141

The original setup. F-150 to replace Jeep for the next cross country overland trip
Ford F-150 Overlander/Adventure F150 ideas 20210920_141600

Campground camping
Ford F-150 Overlander/Adventure F150 ideas 20220626_085735

jackK1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
attractgroup.com
Vehicles
mazda 5
Wow, thats awesome overlander! Thanks for the great ideas. I appreciate it very much. I had difficulty with college writing assignments. I was advised writing service guys are online essays for sale. They didn't help much. Writers are professional and talented.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
For towing a trailer and having better payload capacity I would go with the F-350 with the diesel engine (to provide more range on a tank of fuel). Having at least an extra 1,000 lbs of payload capacity will make it easier to pack without worrying about being overweight.

Be aware that changes to the bumper are likely to prevent the air bags from working properly in the event of a collision. I would be more in favor of adding a front hitch receiver and using a winch sled that can be attached to the front or rear receivers when needed.

A fiberglass camper shell makes it possible to carry extra gear that you do not want in the trailer basement compartments, including mountain bikes, and with Thule mount adapters and cross bars, items can be carried on the roof with the load weight pushing down on the sides of the camper shell.

530Five-Oh

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 CC 4WD V8
Sharp looking truck! Although, I may be biased, haha.....

Love the build out. Curious what your payload is and what the camping set up weighs?

level.jpg
Thanks!
I like your trucks stance! leveled on 34's?

My truck's payload is 1804lbs,
GVWR is 7108,
Truck with camper, decked drawers loaded with camping gear and some tools, 12v fridge, power station, case of beer and a few other things at the time weighed in at 6325lbs.
Reasonable amount of leftover payload for two adults, labrador, food, water, clothing.

I plan to upgrade suspension for better handling, but still plan to weight within the rated GVWR

Reactions: 780

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Thanks!
I like your trucks stance! leveled on 34's?

My truck's payload is 1804lbs,
GVWR is 7108,
Truck with camper, decked drawers loaded with camping gear and some tools, 12v fridge, power station, case of beer and a few other things at the time weighed in at 6325lbs.
Reasonable amount of leftover payload for two adults, labrador, food, water, clothing.

I plan to upgrade suspension for better handling, but still plan to weight within the rated GVWR
2" Ready lift on 35x11.5r20 Toyo AT3's.

Looks like a great camping set up! Okay, our payloads are pretty close. Mine is 1,777lbs.
Sponsored