Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX CrewCab 4x4

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
A regular cab or even extended cab would be cool but not practical for a unibody vehicle without extensive redesign. The first generation Ridgeline had the buttresses on the sides of the box because of that limitation.

I really wish Ford put that level of detail and attention into the F150s bed. I am already pissed off that I was stuck with halogen headlights on my $50,000 truck, when the Maverick has LEDs across all trims as standard.

The Ridgeline is a great truck for people who want a mid-size crew-cab but it's pretty expensive and Honda came a little short of its full potential. Hopefully Ford will crack the code when it comes to unibody pickups. The price is really it's best feature, it's base price is a few hundred dollars less than the Honda Civic. So as long as dealerships get base Mavericks in inventory without any stupid ad-ons, I expect people to get them just because of price.

I also don't think I would want people towing more than 4K pounds with a small truck. The payload is already comparable with the Tacoma and Gladiator, so I expect it to be competitive in all markets, not just the Urban ones that they seem to have a focus on, which is strange because a van is better suited for city environments.