OTA Updates Galore

Steyreo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Lariat SuperCrew PowerBoost Sport Fx4
Lariat on 2.7.4 with no camera in motion. I’ve had a couple of recent updates but still waiting for anything interesting to happen. It seems like the updates are very model, trim and job specific. Those Wikipedia pages have never matched up for me.
Sponsored

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Lucky all of you that have the sync 4 bug out of your system. My dealer tried two times and is now dragging their wrenches. I am schedule in a few days at another dealer and hope they can fix the problem. If it EVER gets fixed the updates might pour in like crazy since the truck is now a year old.

adt1982

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Here's where I've been stuck since June. 2021 XLT 302A with 360 cameras.
Ford F-150 OTA Updates Galore 20220719_204948

Steyreo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I edited the OTA synching to include weekdays and I’m sorry that I did. This morning, my gauge cluster had reverted back to factory settings, which is how I know that another update has happened (another frustrating thing). I think it was 2.8.1. I kept getting the errors that blind spot monitoring and backup assist were not functioning. And every time I brake the rear camera turns on, which is super distracting. So annoying. Hoping that I get another update soon that fixes these things. It’s a wild ride these days.

Sponsored

Jean Deaux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 5.0
I had 3 updates within 2 weeks and every time all my audio and some other settings reset. It looks like Ford hired "professionals with fake diplomas" from Bangalore to do programming, same mistake Microsoft, Google and other tech giants made and now we expect similar meaningless updates non-stop for those "programmers" job security.

Steyreo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got another update today to 2.8.2. Still nothing apparently different. Also, my blind spot monitoring is still broken. Not very impressed with the updates. So far, it has just resulted in things breaking.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I am at 2.8.2 fully loaded 302A still no cams in motion.

hopefully I’ll get that on 2.8.3 and it’ll be soon.

Steyreo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Confirmed that that last update caused a weird situation where if I hit the camera button, it turns on every time I slow to less than 6mph then turns off again. Like is this getting closer to cameras at speed?!? Waiting for 2.8.3 but kind of scared.

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Over the last 2 months our truck (2021 Job 1 Lariat PB) has been receiving updates very regularly!

Last week it updated to 2.8.3 (the latest / most current) and the cameras in motion finally work!

If you look at the update details does it say cameras in motion have been enabled?

-Eric

Sponsored

Steyreo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No. I’m on 2.8.2 and it’s like they are partly enabled. Of course with the BLIs broken. Is it as simple as just pressing that camera button whenever you want? Is there anything else interesting about 2.8.3?

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
No. I’m on 2.8.2 and it’s like they are partly enabled. Of course with the BLIs broken. Is it as simple as just pressing that camera button whenever you want? Is there anything else interesting about 2.8.3?
Mine did the exact same behavior as yours on 2.8.2. I felt like I had to wait forever in reality it was like three or four days later I just got 2.8.3 today and they are working perfectly now.

Steyreo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks @Dinozero . Funny I just noticed in the app that I got 2.8.3. I had it set to update Fridays and Saturdays overnight so guess that didn’t work. But let me see what I got!

OP
OP

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve been away for the last couple of weeks, so my truck has been sitting in the driveway. I was checking while remote and it did do the next update. However it stopped there. When I got home last night I started the truck for a minute, then shut it down. I immediately got notification of 2.8.1, which successfully installed last night. I’m sure it had to be started to complete the install, and I am planning on taking it for a spin at a more reasonable hour.
In any case, I am quite happy to report that it seems to have picked up where it left off with the update functions performing as they should.
Just by dumb luck my home network happens to be in the corner of the house closest to where I park. I have full WiFi there. I’m not sure if that’s the secret to my success, but it may be worth looking into for at least some of you who are having issues.

Spindrive

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My truck has been trying to install 2.8.1 for three days… I’ve tried all the tricks of putting a trickle charger on it, etc.

Always fails to update!
Sponsored