First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
I have not. I thought I read somewhere that Ford was going to send these out piecemeal and have it wrapped up by the end of April. I guess we’ll see what happens by end of the week.
I have gotten two. The latest last Thursday.
Sponsored

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
I haven't received my 2nd OTA yet. We'll see.

jafo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Star white
I received an OTA update. Maybe my first since I purchased back in March. It's the only update that updated the Ford Pass app for sure.

I'm not sure if it's related but with in a day I started having issues. ProPower Onboard starting giving me reset messages, low oil pressure, then lack of acceleration. Crossroads Ford reprogrammed/updated all the other ECMs(?) and the issue is now gone.

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
For those that have received one or more ota updates, can you elaborate on how the procedure "looks"? I'm referring to what type of notification(s) appear, either within the FordPass app or the sync interface.

My XLT is a 12/20 build that I picked up in early February. To my knowledge, I've not had any updates applied (at least there's nothing that has indicated so). That being said, I'm not really sure how I WOULD know, and my sync settings don't really provide a sw version - only that it's "up to date". I will occasionally check my message center in the FP app, but there are always hundreds of "messages" since it sends one every time it executes one of my scheduled starts (which are twice daily every weekday). I did enable automatic updates with a weekly schedule.

I'm really just eager for any updates that may affect the "my view" reset, as it frustrates me to no end (and I've seen some posts suggesting that recent ota updates have eliminated it or at least greatly reduced its frequency).

Sponsored

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
For those that have received one or more ota updates, can you elaborate on how the procedure "looks"? I'm referring to what type of notification(s) appear, either within the FordPass app or the sync interface.

My XLT is a 12/20 build that I picked up in early February. To my knowledge, I've not had any updates applied (at least there's nothing that has indicated so). That being said, I'm not really sure how I WOULD know, and my sync settings don't really provide a sw version - only that it's "up to date". I will occasionally check my message center in the FP app, but there are always hundreds of "messages" since it sends one every time it executes one of my scheduled starts (which are twice daily every weekday). I did enable automatic updates with a weekly schedule.

I'm really just eager for any updates that may affect the "my view" reset, as it frustrates me to no end (and I've seen some posts suggesting that recent ota updates have eliminated it or at least greatly reduced its frequency).
I have an iPhone, but assume Android would be similar - just woke up one morning and there was a FordPass app notification that an OTA update had been applied to my truck. Prior to that update, no hint or clue that one was pending or coming soon. But, I am set to auto-update for the update process. I suspect if you have that disabled, you’d get a notification that an update is ready to be applied to your truck and then probably some process via the app or in the truck via Sync4 to apply it.

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have an iPhone, but assume Android would be similar - just woke up one morning and there was a FordPass app notification that an OTA update had been applied to my truck. Prior to that update, no hint or clue that one was pending or coming soon. But, I am set to auto-update for the update process. I suspect if you have that disabled, you’d get a notification that an update is ready to be applied to your truck and then probably some process via the app or in the truck via Sync4 to apply it.
Thank you sir! I'm also an iOS user... at least now I'll know what to keep an eye out for!

I am still curious how it's determined which trucks get updates and which don't...

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I have not yet received a single OTA update yet. I have verified that automatic updates is switched on. No idea what’s going on. ?‍♂

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have not yet received a single OTA update yet. I have verified that automatic updates is switched on. No idea what’s going on. ?‍♂
The general consensus is that the initial round of updates is nothing short of being completely random. From those that have received one or more, it seems that details of said updates and what was addressed is equally vague. ?

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
The general consensus is that the initial round of updates is nothing short of being completely random. From those that have received one or more, it seems that details of said updates and what was addressed is equally vague. ?
More like non-existent.

I did notice that now when I turn on my cruise, it also sets at the speed I am currently going.

Before update, had to turn on then set.

Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I guess I shouldn’t feel too bad about it then. I’m not having any issues so maybe it’s a good thing - if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I just got my second update since owning the truck. Wish it said a version number.

libby2cm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Platinum
Occupation
Computer Stuff
I received my platinum 1st week of Feb, no otas yet. I did turn off auto updates but even when going in and manually checking there is nothing. I'm pretty sure they are pushing some out anyway (without comms) because one day last week I got in my truck and 'my view' was all reset to defaults.

I guess I'll do what I always have done.. buy a 2 day sub for fdrs/IDS and update everything myself.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I just received another OTA update notification on FordPass this morning. This is my second. Wonder what’s in it.

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I just received another OTA update notification on FordPass this morning. This is my second. Wonder what’s in it.
Same here. "Refinements, bug fixes" . Wish they would share more information.
Sponsored