First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Well crap. I got my OTA update 2 days ago, and drove it for the first time this morning. Now, Android Auto is not visible or usable on my truck screen. It shows to be running on my phone, but I can't get it to come up on the 12". Regular NAV works, but just no AA, or Waze. Guess I'll need an update to fix the update. Ideas?
Sponsored

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
Well crap. I got my OTA update 2 days ago, and drove it for the first time this morning. Now, Android Auto is not visible or usable on my truck screen. It shows to be running on my phone, but I can't get it to come up on the 12". Regular NAV works, but just no AA, or Waze. Guess I'll need an update to fix the update. Ideas?
Try deleting the phone from Sync 4 and re-adding it. This fixed a similar android problem I was having prior to the OTA update.

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I'll give that a try in the morning. Thanks Gary.

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
I'll give that a try in the morning. Thanks Gary.
Well last night after a long drive and about an hour of listening to spotify, I started having an android auto problem. I'll have to try my own fix tomorrow. I just love when a fix, breaks something else.

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ford F-150 OTA Update - anyone received one yet? AA

so got to messing around today trying to get Android Auto to come back after the OTA update, and found this. Hit enable Android Auto, and viola! It works. Never saw this as an option before, it just came up. The thing is, I found this under my phone tab on the Sync screen. When AA does come up, the phone icon disappears and is replaced by AA. Strange, but it works.

Sponsored

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
Another round of updates must have went out last night. Got one, no noticeable difference but also wasn't having problems (knock on wood.) And yes it will update without wifi. My truck was not parked at home on the wifi last night and it still updated.

oldschool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 escape, '04 f150, '03 fjr1300, 21 xlt PB 2wd
Occupation
retired
Another round of updates must have went out last night. Got one, no noticeable difference but also wasn't having problems (knock on wood.) And yes it will update without wifi. My truck was not parked at home on the wifi last night and it still updated.
Did your update occur during a time that you had scheduled in the sync 4? If a person doesn't
have a time scheduled for updates, does that prevent them from receiving updates at all? It appears updates can only be scheduled once a week.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
I just noticed that when I turn on my cruise control, it sets at the current speed now.

Before the update, it only made it available. I had to also set the speed after turning it on.

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
Did your update occur during a time that you had scheduled in the sync 4? If a person doesn't
have a time scheduled for updates, does that prevent them from receiving updates at all? It appears updates can only be scheduled once a week.
I don't have a time set

Sponsored

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Has there been two OTA updates or just one? I thought someone said they received a 2nd one. Just curious.

jgil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Precisely. That’s my point. I work for a Fortune 5 in software/IT - I get the legalese of what you say and what you don’t say I’m release notes. But if you make a statement months ago that you were going to fix the Zone Lighting battery drain bug in a future software release then you’d think they’d make SOME reference to it when it has been addressed. They also alluded to working with apple on some fixes to battery drain issue with FordPass app. Again, when you’ve already admitted the issue, I’d expect acknowledgement of that because they already admitted to the flaw and working it into a future update.

Same on my wife’s 2020 Navigator...there was a battery drain issue with the app, so they fixed it. There was (still is) an issue with Phone-as-Key (recommended to not use it for now until fixed) - they will conceivably tell us when it’s ok to use it again.

I get the legal angle...nothing novel or revolutionary there. But it’s also not absolute and companies who frequently do this also explicitly reference certain high profile fixes if they’ve already publicly acknowledged the issue in the past.
Had my battery die, then Ford pass informed me that there looking for a fix! After the battery was down to 6volts! Nice first time I wanted to use the truck and battery dead. Should have kept my 2014 Platinum ?

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Still no update. Anyone else not get it yet?
I have not. I thought I read somewhere that Ford was going to send these out piecemeal and have it wrapped up by the end of April. I guess we’ll see what happens by end of the week.
Sponsored